Work-In-Progress Livestream!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlyceKrow New Player

They said that the game does not have unlimited memory and so they can't keep on making new powers. Hence the trilogies, keeping events in the same location/maps. Perhaps your saying that there will never be any new power sets is an educated guess? Time will prove you wrong, I think.
    I never said the profit is all plowed back into the game: "It is a good thing that they are so pro-active about generating 'profit.' They are doing what they can to keep improving, developing, attracting new/more players, and keeping current and long term players excited and interested."
    My point was that making profit is not a bad thing. And everyone is entitled to make a living. This is a game, entertainment; no one has to buy anything that they don't want to. DC (the comics and the brand) has been in business for about fifty years. They would like the game to continue to be successful and to continue positively promoting their brand. Even so, the nature of MMOs being what it is, the game probably isn't going to last forever. That's a shame, but let's enjoy it while it lasts and stop complaining.
    I am a subscriber myself. Everyone is different: if I wasn't happy I wouldn't buy. Yes, they are finding new ways to generate profit. Good. Long may they continue to do so. It is also, by the way, bringing many new and outstanding features, game-changing features, into the game, like armories and feat unlocking.
    No one is forced to buy anything. But F2P is not free enough for some.
  2. AlyceKrow New Player

Thanks... but apparently not :D (see previous comment in thread)
  3. iSimply New Player

lol every post you've made on this thread has been in reply to someone else. lmao is all you've been doing is watching everyone else's reaction just so you can find a chance to comment and look like you actually have something valuable to say? lmao get ignored, child.
    • Like x 2
  4. RJxpo60RJ New Player

going to take a stab in the dark about this new mechanic "Fury"

They are going to allow you stack CC effects, Debuffs, DoTs, and Power Types.

SP will determine Fury magnitude.

Fury will work differently for each role. During Fury DPS will see dmg/def increase, Tanks will be able to do alot more dmg, Trolls will be able to CC bosses and stack debuffs be immune to CC and deal more dmg while npc's are CC'd, Healers will get power cost reductions based on teammates health, the more teammates in trouble the greater amount of power reduction.
  5. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

So true. No matter how good the possibilities may seem I'm preparing myself to not let my expectations be too big because I know they won't meet them ands hat ever it is, it will most likely not be nearly as good as it could/ should be.
  6. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

This is killing me... The wait is terrible. The devs usually do a good job so I'm anticipating something pretty interesting, but maybe I shouldn't get my expectations up just to be on the safe side.
    • Like x 1
  7. SpecterJD New Player

As this new mechanics should involve SP, something I would like to see is the option to unlock abilities from other powers with SP. For example, my main character is Nature, but some abilities from Quantum and Celestial (especially Quantum Tunneling and Plague) would be awesome and fits what I intended for my character's storyline.
    Also is common in DC (and others superhero universes) heroes and villains with more than 1 power type (some examples we see ingame: Aquaman, Guy Gardner, Isis, Solomon Grundy, Raven, Steel).
    Of course, should be some restrictions for this, but that's my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  8. Vinny Tireshine New Player

*fingers crossed*

Please don't ruin dcuo for low SP players... Some of us haven't been playing for years and don't have 160+ sp, and if you widen the gap between low sp and high sp, it will discourage some of the newer players.

Hopefully the new system will cater to the hardcore AND casual crowd.
    • Like x 4
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Ironic post is ironic.

I was doing it to keep people informed. My posts have been polite and respectful, which is more than I can say for yours, I'm not going to belittle someone because they are misinformed about something.
    • Like x 3
  10. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

I was thinking of something like this as well. Mine was 5 skill pts = 1 power point or something to that extent and allowing players to boost the power of their own moves by using the converted skill points.

I like your variation a bit better though of being capable of pulling certain things out of other powersets (I'm Celestial and really the only 2 things that I want is bloodlust from rage and quantum tunneling from quantum). I understand that getting bloodlust from rage might be a bit unfair but a guy can hope :D lol.
    • Like x 1
  11. Zypher New Player

Nice, if it breaks PvP I'm chewing people out though.
    • Like x 2
  12. MakakoLoko New Player

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hopes for these kind of solo missions :D
  13. MakakoLoko New Player

Walk-ins are great!! and yes, I wish we had more of them. Solo missions could change every month or every other month ( kinda the way PVP Arenas and Legends change) I can assure you I'll be playing wayyyy more often and buying all the DLC's.
    About the Raids, Alerts and Operations been pretty tricky for one toon, they would need some changes (change the Mechanics of the Game for for one player)

Again, I just hope....
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

PvP been broken.
    • Like x 2
  15. Fools Fire Loyal Player

If this were the case, Fire would finally get their own shield.
  16. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Yea, which is also unfair like giving celestial access to bloodlust, if not even more so.
  17. DPRINCE New Player

If it's a new powerThis is another chance to either do something as OP as RAGE or something as balanced as mental. I'm hoping for balanced but it's definitely gonna be OP
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's not a new power or a new weapon, it's an entirely new mechanic. Spytle has confirmed these things.
  19. Horrorshow New Player

I wonder if the reason they are announcing it now is because they want to get player feedback about it? Do you think they are unsure if the community will like the idea? I do not know why they are revealing the feature so early when we have three more months to wait.
  20. Frankzilla Committed Player

Seems to me they have to keep the masses at bay seeing how gu 34 is taking long to be released. So suprise new mechanic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.