Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Wow 58 pages in such a little time...I think the Devs understand they made a mistake on the price...will they change the price...I dunno...but I'm not buying them at these prices....the high cost killed my excitement...too much money....I can go respec for free...I understand iT has some other in game advantages but not worth the cost at all...I have 4 characters and I wanted 4 on all...but I don't wanna spend 60 dollars....
    • Like x 5
  2. Galadorn New Player

Community is giving advices of reasonable prices, it doesn't mean its gonna end for free, we all know that devs have put effort on it and deserve to be paid for it. But as in all, software development involves risks and they have taken more time than estimated which translates to more cost and i imagine that this high price is to mitigate that cost.

But end consumer is who decides if its gonna absorb it or not, we're deciding for not, being based on the pattern of consumable items on marketplace, on which this one is way too high.

Is not a coincidence majority of players got this upset.

Agree
    • Like x 2
  3. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

I would pay 30 dollars for 15 armories
    • Like x 1
  4. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Yea I was furious when I heard the prices....I even got banned from the forums for a day for something I said....I didn't think it was too harsh but they did...I've definitly cooled off but I'm still upset....
  5. Jamie New Player

Here is the thing though, can't you make the same argument about replay badges, scanners, escrow, respec tokens, and everything else in the marketplace? At some point you can easily spend more than $60 on any of these items. I hate microtransactions but companies can (and do) make money on them so it helps support the game.

People are willing to pay as much for a Legends toon as they are for a DLC. The toon offers no addional content and only has benefits in a really small portion of them. Then they had the special deal with the aura. $20 for a chance to win it. Other stuff was included too but a small portion of people were spending hundreds of dollars to win the aura. The aura offers not real benefit to the game. So there are enough things in the history of DCUO that shows some people are willing to spend a lot of money on this game. I think SOE over estimated the percieved value of the armories but feel that they had some data to show that people may have found an $8 armory a reasonable deal. Remember, SOE is a business and wants to make as much money as possible. If we tell SOE just to simply take our cash then they will bleed us dry. If we never open our wallets then SOE stops making games. I'm hoping that SOE fully understands that the community is saying we will give you money but we want to feel like we are not getting ripped off. We are willing to pay more for features than a DLC costs because we like them that much so I do not agree that something costing $60 in the game is absurd. $60 for 15 armories is absurd for $60 for no locks on content ... I may consider that.
  6. Jamie New Player

Go back through the posts. I was responding to a post where someone stated that they can't explain the people that are willing to pay more. I never said anyone was. Then someone made a comment on that and I responded. Then you responded and missed the first 1/2 of the conversation.
  7. TrueOlympus New Player

15 armories(non-account bound) is the same price as 6 DLC's?

RED FLAG!
    • Like x 4
  8. AlotaPower New Player

Not to offend but everyone should've expected these prices. These are the same people that charged $3.00 for styles that have no stats attached to them and $10 for portable workstations when there are 5 r&d tables available in the game for free. There job is to make money. Nothing in life is free, and most everything is high priced (DCUO is not the only organization that overcharges people for things). Besides that is have we learned nothing yet? Everytime someone gets on a forum and cries about how life is so unfair they "fix" things and we all know how that turns out. It's time to be happy with what is being produced or quit playing the game. It's a new year let's try something different. And everyone is complaining about $8 for what? There are real things to complain about. Us legendary members spent hundreds to thousands of dollars on this game last year and got nothing more then a trinket that is even more useless then the seasonal trinkets while they gave thousands of dollars away to people that were only legendary for 1 month. If you're going to complain at least make it a valid complaint.
  9. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Have u read any of the 58 pages....I saw hundreds of good points why they are too expensive...
    • Like x 1
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

There has been many "valid complaints" throughout the whole thread
    • Like x 1
  11. Jamie New Player

I said that either they were a troll or they had too much money. How many times have you heard of someone calling to anywhere and saying that they thought the price was too low and insisted on paying more? That comment had nothing to do with the people that thought the costs would be higher and are happey with them being $8. This comment would apply to the people that said that $8 is too low and SOE should be charging $10. As TeenWuulf stated though there is no one in this category so no one was attacked by that statement.

I stand by my elitist comment because I believe those people are. There have been way too many posts by very few people that keep proclaiming that this discussion is about those that can afford the armories and those that cannot. A few of the people that posted that they were fine with the current pricing are known elitists. Just for the record, I didn't assign the groups, I merely commented on those groups that were already created.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

As others have mentioned, the prices are disappointing.

I was only planning on buying one armory. That will give me two - one for each role. My reason for only wanting two is due to the inconvenience of having to reimprint all relevant armories for a specific role every time I get a new piece of gear. If you have armories spread out over multiple bases, it is an even bigger hassle.
  13. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

I don't see where the complaint is.... Most expected it to be $5 or less... If u buy the package u get it for $4 a piece.... And technically all u need is 1 more so $8 isn't bad since ur getting one for free... I plan on buying the package right off the back... Probably consume 10 to 12 wit my main... Rest put in shared back for my alts I rarely play!! Prices are fair... I wish they were cheaper but I'll deal... Let's say they were $5 a piece wit no packages... Then u would complain that they are too expensive cuz 15 would cost $75....
    • Like x 1
  14. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

U must not have alts
  15. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

None that I care about.... But those wit many alts should get the package at $4 each... Which is cheaper than what everyone assumed....
  16. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Oh. ^.^ see I thought the last group wanted a higher price but have the armouries be redeemable on all characters. This is different than just wanting the prices higher for account bound consumables.

Personally, I would fit in that group. (Redeemable on all characters but higher price just because people wouldn't be buying multiple consumables.) But I wouldn't say I am a troll, elitist, or stupid, just that I want SOE to make money so the game can continue. And again, it doesn't really matter to me how they change the prices, I'm just happy armouries are going to be released soon and that I will own them. ^.^ I guess I'm just more willing to spend more to support the game than other players. That's just the way I am, hence being a lifetime member. You can say I waste my money but, I view it more as an investment into my enjoyment in this game.

Different strokes, different folks. XD
  17. AlotaPower New Player

Here's my point everyone is crying about $8 yet spent $30 or more trying to get a plasmic aura. DCU is unfair and will always be unfair. Noone is forcing you to buy anything, or even play the game for that matter.
  18. Vulpis New Player

You're not quite getting what people are refering to as 'consumables'. They work like furniture for your base..you have, for lack of a better term, a 'token' for that item (or a stack of them, for the bundles) that you can trade around between your characters freely. But once you collect the token and place the item in your base, it's then forever locked to that character. The item itself doesn't disappear, just the token needed to collect it.

...You know, I just thought of something. These items are tradable across your own characters...but are they actually account-bound (as in *not* tradable to other players?) If that's the case, could the devs *please* put the same setup on Challenge drops? I'm getting sick of getting, say, Healer armor on my Tank, while having a Healer I can't give the armor to (I have no problem with not being able to give it to other players...I just want to be able to give it to my *own*)
    • Like x 2
  19. Oel Em Well-Known Player

The issue is being forced to buy 15 armories for the cost we expected. You see, you should have phrased it "Most expected to pay $5 or less for EACH". Not as a bundle, and not inflated pricing for just the one. That is big issue. I have no reason to have 15 armories. I wanted 3 total, maybe 4. I was ready to shell out $6-10 if I had to (even though I still think its a rip off seeing as how multispecs are a FREE option in almost every other MMORPG that has multispecs as an option). But I am not going to pay $60 for a pack of 15 just to get what I feel is a fair price, nor am I going to pay $16 for 2 armories which I feel is an inflated price. Hopefully that clears up your misunderstanding of the issues on the last 58 pages.
    • Like x 1
  20. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

I understand the underlying issue... However I'm commenting on alternatives to circumvent the pricing issue... Which is buying in bulk... U want to buy 4... 4 cost $24.... I believe if ur expectation was to buy 4 for $10, u we're setting urself up for a major disappointment...
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.