Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueOlympus New Player

That might actually be WAY to cheap. Even I know that. That price is not realistic imo
    • Like x 1
  2. chironicus New Player

too expensive and cause they are consumable WAY TOO expensive
    i see little in way a benefit to cost

instead ill just manually do something if i need to..why do i need to pay to do what i can albeit slower do manually..this is a serious cash grab and with the weapon nerf i see no reason ot buy one , ill go rifle and use it...not paying anymore...
    • Like x 2
  3. TrueOlympus New Player

I doubt it man. Maybe for the immature that thought process would take place, but most of us are adults here I assume(though all adults are not mature)
    • Like x 1
  4. DeadStar New Player

lol seriously if u could take advantage of dcuo and make them drop there prices and u know they will drop the prices u wont do it
  5. chironicus New Player

i don't gte why they are not permanent ...do buildings that hole your stuff jut vanish?

The concept is totally weird....i can see adding some power requirements say for a kinda armoury teleporter that then does what these armouries do....and maybe need marks to keep going but ....not a consumable that just vanishes at that price chirst for the cost this game is playing i can go buy guildwars 2 and be done with the over pricing here
  6. DeadStar New Player

no offence some children are mature lol u forgot to mention that ;)
  7. TeenWuulf Well-Known Player

Again, and hopefully for the last time, no one arguing for a lower price is doing so simply for the sake of wanting to pay less. We're arguing for a more reasonable cost-to-benefit ratio. There is a significant difference between the two positions that I don't think you are appreciating fully.
  8. TeenWuulf Well-Known Player

I think you are misunderstanding. When you consume the armory consumable (as it stands right now), it provides you with an armory base item. You then place that base item and it stays in your base. It's not a one-time-use consumable as you seem to think.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeadStar New Player

my games is downloading update now idk if it is allready up it 4:01 in melbourne so im tired but gonna stay up is anyone else downloading the update and the prices should be dropped but they wont do it
  10. stash2k13 New Player

I think unlockable feat points are lame, I mean wats the point in playing if you can just go out and purchase skill points.just saying, sp was something to brag about because it was something u had to earn,and now it can just be bought.lame.
  11. Original Kal Well-Known Player

Mostly wrong thread but if you had alts you would understand.
  12. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

You cannot buy skill points. With the new system is more like "replaying" the feats you've already gotten on different characters. So you can't get any feats unless you've already unlocked that feat on a different character. And I also believe that not every feat will be able to be "replayed." Also...this thread isn't about that.
  13. stash2k13 New Player

oh ok and so wat.
  14. Canadian Justice Committed Player

A few general responses to a couple of things:

It's been mentioned by a few different people now that offering a second armory to legendary members could work as a possible solution. For many people 2 armories will likely be all they need and because of this I think this idea could end up costing the game money.

On the topic of the sliding scale pricing, it's just a good business move. Depending on final pricing I may or may not get the top bundle but I know for sure that one isn't enough and having cheaper and cheaper pricing as the bundles grow will be hard to resist.

Numerous alternate pricing schemes have been proposed, some better than others, but each one has it's good points. As for what the pricing ultimately ends up being I don't know but given the overwhelming response from nearly everyone here a lower pricing scheme seems to be the best way to increase profits. At current prices I'll likely get 1 armory for CJ, the biggest problem with that is I was willing to spend upwards of $40 to fully flesh out my toons.
    • Like x 1
  15. TeenWuulf Well-Known Player

Well this was a relatively civil discussion. I guess 57 pages is the critical mass point for internet vitriol.
  16. Jamie New Player

I am not willing to pay more for what is being offered. I am willing to pay more if they change what they are offering. Its like find a 6 pack of Bud Light on sale for $8. There is no way I would ever pay that. I am willing to pay $10 for a 6 pack of Lindemans Kriek beer and would buy more than one 6 pack.
  17. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Bank & Inventory slots don't even cost that much and are all account bond. Which in turn makes that $8 price tag a kick in the face.
    • Like x 1
  18. TeenWuulf Well-Known Player

Then clearly you didn't understand the fact that no one is actually saying we would pay more for what is currently offered, and are just throwing out strawmen to throw rotten tomatoes at. Either way.
  19. Jamie New Player

Who did I personally attack? I never mentioned or implied any names and I believe taht at least a few of the posts about pricing were made by trolls. If that is what they did and they got the reaction they want I don't that they would care about being called a troll.
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

It could be argued that you attacked everyone in the group you thought had too much money for their gray matter. Or the other group who you think are elitist. Because you assigned the groups by the breakdown of who wants what, and then called them names.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.