DCUO's New Logo

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by BuzzWerd, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Just needs highlights...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Sorry, if I stepped on toes...
    • Like x 2
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The logo looks so much better when it's a part of a graphic featuring DC Universe characters. It's really opened my eyes to logo design and made me question just how many of my draft logos for websites would have looked good had they been surrounded by something other than a plain, 1 colour background.
  3. Ace1 Dedicated Player

I love it!
  4. Statman New Player

I must say... they should probably update that log in screen too, lol. It still has the old logo, not the shiny new one!
  5. Notangie New Player

It looks good, but I don't respond well to change...I'll like it in a few weeks once I'm used to it.
  6. Rockin earth New Player

7. tari New Player

Paul Rand, one of the world’s greatest designers states that “a logo is a flag, a signature, an escutcheon, a street sign. A logo does not sell (directly), it identifies. A logo is rarely a description of a business. A logo derives meaning from the quality of the thing it symbolizes, not the other way around. A logo is less important than the product it signifies; what it represents is more important than what it looks like. The subject matter of a logo can be almost anything.”

Personally what we think is completely irrelevant to what DCUO will do. You will never please everyone, it's impossible. I feel the "new" logo lacks any creative flare or interest. In my opinion it is a very rudimentary generic construction that does not even have a flow for your eyes to follow and draw them in. If possibly budget was the reason for such a generic construction, you should have had a contest on the forum and utilize the huge creative pool you have in your users here. This forum has a free resource of very talented and creative people that may have more insight on what actually looks pleasing to the eye and represents the game. Allowing your end users a chance to feel more invested in the games they play can never be a bad thing..
    • Like x 1
  8. Vyltran Loyal Player

About logo terms, you went to deeply and like it .. but it would have be fun having that competition but its time consuming.. we are just around corner from a major and important update that could probably be a surprise for all players.. GU 31 + PS4 release.

Besides that, i'm 100% satisfied with game itself, and i know they would have organized one but in a past period which everyone could show off their art skills and not be too close to this update..
  9. Powerman New Player

When you click on support, it directs you to SOE where the old logo banner is available:

https://help.soe.com/
  10. iluvapples New Player

New logo? I might have to make a few messages saying I'm quitting DCUO before I get used to it.
  11. Powerman New Player

12. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Paul Rand didn't have to deal with the branding police at DC comics. His work (IBM logo for example) is a perfect example of minimalism at it's finest. He also lived in a much different era and was speaking about a 'corporate' logo not a sub-brand 'packaging' logo. The worst thing you can do is turn your branding over to your customer base. As the world becomes more socially connected and the our eyes saturated with graphics, it becomes more and more important to have a cohesive look to a companies identity. This is why the new logo is the way it is. It is co-branded with the DC comics logo, just like the previous iteration. You may not like it, but it is a solid solution if you look at the two together. This is what Rand is say in that quote "A logo derives meaning from the quality of the thing it symbolizes, not the other way around".
  13. Neph Dedicated Player

Found this:

[IMG]

nice...
  14. Neph Dedicated Player

This was from Tuesday... I would have already been done with this by now...BuzzWerd, get to work!
  15. Curvy Scurvy New Player

The new logo looks like something you hired a middle schooler to design it. It's bland, basic, simple, and it seems to be missing it's former home at some accountant agency or bank or insurance company or something else highly unimaginative. It's about as provocativeand aesthetically pleasing as most of Electricity's animations.
  16. Powerman New Player

Dude, PS4 has been out for almost a week and those pages are not updated. lol
  17. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

The logo is fine, can we just get some new loading screens or something... change is good in DCUO, wanna see more of it more often on stuff like this.
  18. Powerman New Player

they mentioned new loading screens, but did not deliver...
  19. highway New Player

**** i cant see peeps life bars in groups an im a healer hell screw the banners, what u do sit thier an look at ur banners lol i play so i car more about the game part u play an not the loading screens
  20. highway New Player

Lol biggest let down 4 you huh ? I quit this game cas i didnt get new loading screens, oohhH my
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.