DCUO's New Logo

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by BuzzWerd, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xzotix Committed Player

As a professional designer I agree with this assessment. A little animation somewhere wouldn't hurt. It wouldn't change the concept or the requirements. Nothing over the top just a little something to bring it to life. Overall I think the design is simple yet elegant just missing that ooomph!!!
  2. SuperiorMouse New Player

a well designed logo shouldn't have to rely on post features like being animated to be impactful or hit the various marks it's supposed to. the logo should be compelling when standing on it's own. the client has to use it in a variety of mediums and it cannot always be animated so it must be sufficiently strong in any context or it's not a successful design.
  3. THEMYGOD New Player

Just curious, is what's posted here the FINAL draft that will be rolled out? I understand there are guidelines as far as the design, but there is an alignment issue I hope has been adjusted, or hopefully yet can be. It's fairly noticeable and distracting to the eye. Previous poster "UNDRLINE" pointed it out as well. I attempted to do what I believed was the needed adjustment and something additional that looks more pleasing to me, at least to my eye anyway.

[IMG]
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Looks great up above here now. Good job Buzzwerd.
  5. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I think it works pretty nice with the new illustrations....
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

Looking at the forum banner, it fits nicely.
  7. SuperiorMouse New Player

the colours contrast well against each other and that's what you're responding to visually. that tone of pale yellow/orange contrasts against the shade of the blues in the logo.

it's fine as is -- but i'm still not a fan. it's still underwhelming. the colour work mentioned is really nicely done though. on the bright side at least it's fresh imagery.

pretty unimpressed that they dropped the female characters from the header art. we all know batman and superman sell... but putting wonder woman and circe up there wouldn't actually hurt sales.
    • Like x 1
  8. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Wonder Woman or Catwoman at least... (I know what you'll say about Catwoman, but she is more recognizable for marketability)
    • Like x 1
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

They should expand the header style options under preferences. And return the header link...
    • Like x 2
  10. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

WW ehh

Power girl on the frontpage, for sure!:p

Really though, I've always though it was ridiculous to worry about the sex of the iconic people, but it does seem odd to remove WW/Circe, esp with an upcoming DLC about them, and just releasing their legends characters.
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Looking good, DCUO! It's nice to see something new and shiny from time to time.

With the remastering of both the game and the boards, it feels like we're entering a whole new era.

Can we call Beta through the launch of the PS4 'The Golden Age' from now on? ;)
  12. Neph Dedicated Player

Entering the Silver Age, you need an updated look for Mister Migraine and a new origin story :)

Can we see the new loading screens posted here guys?
  13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

When Armories arrive, I plan to have Golden, Silver and Bronze age costumes! :)
  14. SuperiorMouse New Player

i don't care that they have catwoman vs circe tbh. i just think it's tacky (understatement) that they dropped the female characters completely. and to be honest the new key art photo features WW and Circe so non-prominently as it is -- that was disappointing at SOE Live.
    • Like x 2
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

WW and Circe are in the back of the this image (behind the forums), but the great part about our new art is we can move everybody around, so you'll see them. We started with the most prominent iconics, which are Superman and Batman.
    • Like x 4
  16. Neph Dedicated Player

I would suggest rerendering these types of images on the site too before the relaunch happens. Use whatever render engine you are using for the new images:

[IMG]
    [IMG]

MEPPS FYI:

The powers page is missing Lightning, Earth, Quantum and Celestial; but it has Light (even though it is in a DLC)
    https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/powers.vm?locale=en_US
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 1
  18. Neph Dedicated Player

Already on it, his inbox has been spammed!
  19. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

20. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Is it just the mentors you'll be using or would we see more characters like Cheetah, Hal J/ John S, Flash, Etc.... I think it would be cool if it were different people everyone sees. This way all DC characters could be incorporated and the logo wouldn't get old at all.
    Where Batman and Joker are facing each other, it could be Cheetah and Donna Troy. Harley Quinn and Nightwing. Jinx and Starfire. Ghizmo and Cyborg etc.. That would add so much beautiful diversity.

Btw, I love the new logo as it is. I just wanted to share my idea to see what you thought :)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.