Lets talk about celestial power?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alpha vermelho, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Kristyana New Player

The move grabs aggro and gives your team a huge heal if you get knocked out while the power is active.

So far it appears to function just like a tank taunt, but I won't know until I can get back on live and do some tests on some mobs.
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

This sounds so unique! Can't wait to try it out! Well, I guess I can wait, because I can't get on the server. Still stuck in queue. :(
  3. Skyfall New Player

This.

It looks okay. I like the concept of dealing damage to heal. I just don't like the power concept as a whole. Reminds me too much of sorcery. Mechanics wise they are far different, sure, but in essence sorcery seemed holy/demonic enough for me.
    • Like x 1
  4. fairyoftime New Player

What about sorcery was holy it was inspire by circe with turning people to animals and summoning demons.
  5. Skyfall New Player

While its main mechanic deals with "soul".

Seems similar to me. You don't think so. Good for you. I will even disregard your blatant disregard of my post where I mentioned how how they function totally differently. Selective reading and the like.

Playing with it on test is fun however. The dot's are pretty decent.
    • Like x 1
  6. fairyoftime New Player

Yeah taking away souls to power a soul well to heal or cause damage thats black magic, or how about causing bad charma. Sorcery is really a villain power nothing about it is heroic.
  7. Azrael New Player

i feel like this power does TOO MUCH... combos..heals when you die, damages when you die, damage/heal when opponent dies, lots of it moves stuns, crazy dots, it has a tank pull. I wish the cursed tree looked more demonic like black and red like the demons of trigon.
    • Like x 1
  8. Skyfall New Player

You don't read in detail very well. Random tangents aside I am done with you.

As I play it more, I am liking the golden effects it offers. Divinity exuding from my toon. Looks great in the t3 pvp knight armor. Very Joan of Arc like.
    • Like x 2
  9. fairyoftime New Player

Lol whatever cant face the truth.
  10. Skyfall New Player

The truth your are inept at reading? I faced that when you first posted.
  11. fairyoftime New Player

In essence sorcery seem holy/demotic. You said that, im here to say in essence its black magic Nothing at all holy.
  12. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

well i am against balance in games this is against true, mainly if you re a legendary you need something more is this something i think that is powersets.
    Rpgs dont have balace i am a hardcore gamer i know what i say, i am noob yet here. Dont have balance in true life and MMO like diablo 3 barbarian >>>>>>>>>>>>> than others i play with wtich doctor because i think nice original, an i acept my weakness.
    Is ridiculous see gadget, my mainly caracter is a gadget (the only caracter that i like, from DC is is batman), have same and do same damage and resistence than a quantun caracter, this isnt DC this is other game. I hope that powers like quantum, sorcery, mental have a revamp, they are powerfull power mainy quantun.
    Other think celestial caracters mainly the good one hate any kind of magic sorcery dont confuse.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The YouTube replay of the Celestial reveal is here.
    • Like x 8
  14. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

A self sacrifice move? o_O;
    Are j00 kidding me? They actually added a non-tank "KILL ME! KILL ME, I'M HERE! C'MON! DO IT NOW!! KILL ME! I'M HERE!! IEIEIEIEIEIEIE!" move for a healer? If that's true.... and knowing how many bad PUG players are out there.... could be wicked fun for all the wrong reasons. :p

Or like, is it the move 'itself' that gains the aggro? Cuz that'd be all around awesome if say, some phantom construct appears and enemies go smacky smacky, and when phantom dies, then it craps out a huge heal.
    • Like x 2
  15. ElectricBoogaloo New Player

Has anyone played with it as a healer yet? How would it play in like Nexus or Paradox, like would it be more of a secondary healer, like an Electric healer or what? They just seemed to go over the dps side of things more.
    • Like x 1
  16. Rassulla New Player

Balance in games is necessary. You say real life isn't fair or balanced, and you are correct. Gaming is an escape from real life. I don't want my games to be as unfair as life is. If it was, I wouldn't play games.
    • Like x 2
  17. Rassulla New Player

I am going to be that guy who has 30 deaths in an instance just so I can pretend I'm Electrode from Pokemon lol.
    • Like x 4
  18. Stamen Dedicated Player

Played the DPS side of things for about two hours tonight. It's ok, maybe takes some getting used to but does a pretty decent job once you get the swing of it. I don't expect it to become a quick burst damage powerset like Gadgets, but it can really dish out the pain if you do your celestial combos right.

I am also very certain that we've only begun to tap into what the powerset can do.

My biggest issue is the time delay that keeps you from doing combos with your weapon so much. Gadgets dps is so much faster that I believe the added weapon combos you can pull off in the same amount of time with a clip is going to be what keeps Celestial a bit behind the curve. But I admit that's just a hunch. I found myself really down to three powers in a rotation that worked well & used a 1-Handed just to get off faster clips... of course I have about 200 more prec and 600 more might on my main toon. The test server doesn't allow me to go that far without some farming, so maybe it scales pretty nice. Just don't know.

Look forward to trying out the heals tomorrow.
  19. LisaLoeb New Player

I don't like what I see so far as a healer. I'll try it, but see myself sticking with my regular power.
  20. Poetic Play Committed Player

Mixed feelings about it after playing it on Test for a bit. Like Stamen said above me, the high hitting combos actually take long to pull off (Long in DCUO standards) so you're stuck doing those animations and you can NOT cancel out of them or it will not register any damage. The initial hits on moves are very weak... it's the combos you need to hit.

The damage is not bad but with the long combos, you barely can get any weapon attacks in. It's not a bad DPS power, but I think it's going to be a power hog when people don't weapon combo because they are just spamming power combos.

Another thing that throws me off of it, is that the combos can be so easily interrupted, like the slightest pushbacks and pulls can knock you out of it and that means wasted power. This is what I think will hold it back from being a good PvP power... it's too easy to get knocked out of. It became frustrating during fighting the mobs in Gotham Wastelands.

Havn't gotten around to the Healing testing yet but as for DPS... not for me. The Precision ticks are pretty huge though, that's a plus.