Lets talk about celestial power?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alpha vermelho, Aug 13, 2013.

1. TheGrimstone New Player

There's a 35% SC in the Cursed that drops a nice Might DoT and heals(I think) but only that and the Totem-Skull one seem to be the only damage supercharges Celestial has. I'd also have to say the 35% one hits considerably harder. No Damage SC's in the Blessed tree.
  2. Dynagirl Committed Player

That seems wrong to me especially for those who just want to use all blessed for appearance sakes to have to use the cursed side for a damaging super charge.
  3. Poetic Play Committed Player

You have to download the Test Client.

here
  4. Kristyana New Player

Haven't had a chance to yet. Looks interesting, but I'll have to test it some more. My healer character is stuck inbetween zones and crashes the game
  5. TheGrimstone New Player

Going all in with one tree wouldn't really be the right idea - especially for damage. It could be done but you'd be losing out on a lot of potential with the combo's. However for the sake of appearances you could just always start combos with the blessed powers - when combo'd, the following takes on the appearance of the previous powers tree. For example, Starting a combo with a blessed power(gold) ending combo into a cursed power(still gold); starting a combo with a cursed power(Dark purple) ending combo into a blessed power(Still Dark Purple)
    • Like x 2
  6. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

7. Dynagirl Committed Player

I know that from the stream and that's why it irks me a bit that they didn't give blessed at least one damaging supercharge. You don't have to have the cursed powers on your power bar to use them but now a blessed dps has to either run with no damaging blessed supers, no super at all, or use the cursed ones. That really breaks up the immersion of the game for me.
  8. Kristyana New Player

Given how hard some of the DOT precision tics are hitting (400+ damage per tic in healer gear) and the 20% might boost that's NOT a supercharge, I'm not sure the powerset really needs a pure damage supercharge.
    • Like x 4
  9. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

I was about to say just that Kristyana.....at least from what I saw on the live stream...if he was doing that much damage in healer gear...imagine with fully modded dps gear
    • Like x 1
  10. Poetic Play Committed Player

The log-in line is crazy long right now for Test.
  11. Ink Soul New Player

DAMN IT LET ME IN DAMN IT.
  12. Kristyana New Player

Yeah, the powerset right now looks insane. There's a lot of potential there to be OP.

There's a move that buffs the team's resto the same amount as hive mind but also gives a precision buff higher than the one Carnage does

There's a 35% finisher

There's weapon self buff moves that increase your crit chance

The precision DoTs in healer role in healer gear are insane

There's a supercharge that reduces all damage the team takes by 75%

There's a supercharge that grabs aggro (the only one in the game)

There's a 20% buff to your might on one power that isn't a supercharge and stacks with soders so people in modded T5 will be pushing past 4100 might.

It's going to require a lot more testing over the next few days, but it looks like an extremely versatile power across a variety of situations and play styles.
    • Like x 3
  13. Dynagirl Committed Player

True, but it's still would be nice to have the option. I mean adding damage to the defensive aoe supercharge wouldn't be game breaking. In pve it would help other dps out who melee. Put it on the boss and they can wail away while surviving a one shot or two while doing damage on your own too. In pvp players can just roll out of it and play defensively until the effects go away. Basically making it a super version to the legend character Dr. Fate aoe.
  14. Ink Soul New Player

How does the combing work with DPS powers, I never saw the livestream.
  15. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

this is powerset of spectre, michel, lucifer, this powerset should by far most powerfull in game.
    A question: If i do a caracter in test he continue in normal game: Ex>: My celestial that i make in test continue when game to normal?
  16. Echephyle New Player

what if I missed the livestream? will they post it on youtube?
  17. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

hey dyna, wattup.

i honestly think your idea of 'immersion' might be taking it a little far considering the history of all the other powersets.
    i mean, even though i have been called "TK PUsha", at times when i was MEntal i ran without a single TKtree move in my loadout.
    ...my point is, just b/c the powers are named one thing, or visually look a certain way shouldnt really break into the overall uniqueness of the power.
    the power is a combination of the 2 trees. not 2 seperate powers. the way Jens talked it seemed the whole idea was to have conflicting sides of the power either cleansed or cursed to create the "real" celestial power which in reality is a hybrid combination of the two sources.

yeah... i know that didnt help ya, lol.
    i figured youd be interested in the new power-- u gonna switch your main again?
    its gonna be funny seeing all the Quantum's jump ship, lol.
    i really want to try it out... but im waiting to see how the sorcery revamp worx out first before i switch my #2.
  18. Poetic Play Committed Player

I don't really see the issue.. Look at Nature. You get Plants and Shapeshifting.... Two powers that completely don't go together, yet if you want to be an epic DPSing werewolf, you have to also be a werewolf that springs plants from the ground...I get why you wouldn't like to have to use Cursed if you want to be Blessed only. It's not the first power to have that issue though of the trees not mixing well from a concept standpoint.
    • Like x 2
  19. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Why would you want to grab aggro? o_O;
    Not happy about the high precision dots unless he was using a dev over-the-top cheat weapon. (They do have those)
  20. fairyoftime New Player

No it should not it should be balance, in if not people will whine until it gets nerf to oblivion.