Lets talk about celestial power?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alpha vermelho, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

How do these 'power combos' work exactly? I initially assumed there were a ton of PIs, but it's sounding more like a power can escalate an effect from a previous power, if not transform it completely. Possibly something like how nature can put out dot heals with one power, then another can consume the heals and crap out a large heal.

Edit: Now i'm getting the impression it works similar to hard lights comboing. Looking back at how server lag is currently royally ******* up nearly every weapon combo (any weapon), not enthused if this is the case.
  2. ElectricBoogaloo New Player

Yea I'm in the same boat as you, I was looking to change my power. I guess I'm just going to change from Electric to Nature.
    • Like x 1
  3. Poetic Play Committed Player

Each power has a parallel power in the other tree, one that it can combo into for another effect. So... you do move A from Cursed Tree, then combo that into Move A from Blessed tree to apply extra dots after the initial damage. You can only combo once though then must start over again.

There's no P.I. between powers. Some do have things like... You use a move and it will place a "curse" on an enemy, so when the enemy dies, he will explode and hurt other enemies. (Just an example...). There's no P.I. like the other powers have though. The damage is very high on the power, I just don't like that you can be interrupted out of power combos so easily.
    • Like x 2
  4. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

So if you wanted to parellel with some of them top tier (50 mod+) powers its really going to limit your build with the amount of power points you'll be using. That means both trees better be in working order and nicely balanced or it's going to suffer from heavy cookie cutter syndrome. (As if sorcery wasn't bad enough with it's mostly useless summon tree). Thanks for the NFO!
  5. TheGrimstone New Player

Also, is anyone else getting the feeling that a lot of the powers are really close-medium range?
    • Like x 2
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I'm waiting for Celestial Nexus and Paradox Wave run videos on youtube. This I been wondering. IT not good if people can't make a Nexus or Wave loadout for it that is suitable for these raids where you must be a medium/long ranged damage. As for the healer role I know it's based on damage out but still you need to be a medium/long ranged healer regardless.
  7. Deranya Dedicated Player

It looks a lot like an excuse to blame the healer more when things go wrong. "Whaaat you don't know the combos right" etc. I could see myself sticking with nature as well. The whole setup I need to see first how it works with healing a raid group in though situations.
  8. Dynagirl Committed Player

But that's your choice to run that way and it didn't bother you but it does me. Look the beauty of celestial from the presentation was that you don't need to have the cursed or blessed side present on your loadout to use and have it look like an all blessed or cursed move and get a more powerful version out. You can have a all blessed or all cursed look and still get the effects of both trees. I just don't understand why they wouldn't give blessed the option to have a damaging supercharge. Again, I believe they should give the defense only supercharge a dual nature like the cursed supercharges and have it damage too. Doing so would not break the game since its stationary and doesn't last very long from what I saw from the video. So say, spamming it in say 1v1 arena wouldn't be a such an overpowering thing since other players can just move away from it and wait till the effects go away. IMO they should have at least carried this combo premise out with the supercharges as well. Think how awesome it would be to be able to combo the healing shields that taunt into the totem for a 100% supercharge healing pillar of light that removes the taunt and damages while it heals.:D Or reverse it and combo a totem into the shields that protect, damages and heals while stunning everything it touches.
    • Like x 1
  9. Bandee0817 New Player

so, celestial. i watched some videos just now and its looks amazing, as healer and as dps too. BUT! thats not actually clear for me, that healing is how based on damage output. it counts on yellow or grey damage out numbers, or that never mind just put out damage? i mean if i do 1200 yellow damage out that means i can do 1200 healing out or what? as i can imagine with this method, celestial healers have to place skill points on might or precision too, and make might/prec and restoration mods on their gear. what is your opinion ppl? or anyone can reply how that works really, especially who already tried that on test server?!
  10. Banished New Player

Uff i just tried to stack a few prec DoTs and the dmg was rly good i suppose
    • Like x 2
  11. darkmoon caverns New Player

I think they need to tweak it before it hits launch. Judging from the posts in this thread it already seems OP.
    Also dynagirl needs to get over the no supercharge thing. As a DPS I don't even use supercharges but that's just me.
  12. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

If I pvped I changed to it in a hot minute for a healer to do damage and get better heal and combos is great in pvp but that being sald I wouldn't want celestial healer in a raid like pardox or nexus .
  13. Deranya Dedicated Player

I just had a really nice time playing it, as a healer, since I am one :D
    Obviously I haven't had enough time to give a good review on it. But so far I really like the way of how it is controlled. The combos, if you remember of which tree they are its easy to just pull them, add them and kick ***.
    The healing feels good, the HoT does seem low at times but the crit do make up for it.

But mostly, I love doing more as a healer, having to check if I did the right combo, is it going to be enough for the group, how fast can I do it again. As a nature healer you soon figure out what power gives you enough for 2-4 people and which can save the whole raid in a tricky moment. I can't wait to test that out with celestial and the combos.
    • Like x 1
  14. fairyoftime New Player

Celestial is a melee healer like how hard light is a melee controller. Always wanted heal in do damage at the same time also the sacrifice super charge sounds awesome.
  15. Bandee0817 New Player

i think that "we dont need celestial healer to t5 raid" stuff is again not depends on the power, but depends on the player. as everyone hated electric because that have poor hots.... my healer is electric now and i can say im pro in that.you just have to know what u have to do and when. i'll switch my healer to celestial and im sure that will have the same "story", you just have to know what u have to do, and im sure, that will also have quick actions for the instant heals and saves. like the self sacrifice and the shield :)
    • Like x 2
  16. fairyoftime New Player

The self sacrifice power pulls aggro towards ,and if you get knocked out everyone gets a heal overtime also everyone also receives a buff.
  17. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

why the hell i need re download the game for the tet if already in hd? i wil finish dowoad when game ready to lunch.
    I like the film with Jammbo, what cr? Is more near than a celestial power.
    No nerfs please, maybe a improvement in this and quantic power.
    I dont know if celestils play like a meele combatant
  18. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I am curious to hear about the weapon choice with the Celestial power. In the demonstration they were using DW but mentioned HB as possibly a better option.
  19. Deranya Dedicated Player

It should always depend on the player and not the power. Each role got one power that everyone calls the weakest, which isn't true when the player of the role perfects it.
    I hate when people look especially for a certain power type. "We need an ice tank for this" Nah, its really not good. People should be able to play their power without having people go nuts on it being "the weaker" one. Quantum added to the most used and accepted troller powers for PVE, I hope that both Celestial and the coming Tank power will be accepted just as easily and without complains :)
    • Like x 2
  20. Claiyne New Player

I'm confused, so is it possible to just go with the blessed tree without any cursed skills and pull off good dmg?