The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Don't use Vortex Cannon for its push-back effect in PvP. I think you'll be highly disappointed if you do. I've tried using Vortex Cannon in Inner Sanctum and the does push-back effect doesn't work as much as I would like. I find the push-back works best as your opening power or if you've just countered an opponent. Explosive Block seems to be a better option for knocking an opponent off your node.
  2. SavageTofu New Player

Duly noted. I would imagine it would depend on if they are immune by either hitting their trinket ect... The debuff might be worth it. Still there are probably more consistent options. Has anyone tried sonic cry?

I tried gag glove & it sucks. I even spec into Dom. I didn't get anybody off the node with it.
  3. SavageTofu New Player

So about modding T5 pvp gear for staight troll.

I think it has been standard for pvp for gadget trollers to mod vit/pre across the board. I want to do something different though.

I am going to mod my blue & red sockets with dom/might. Then for my yellow sockets I am undecided. I could go vit/might or vit/Dom. I have been seriously contemplating however modding resto/might & seeing how much better the shields would be. neuralizar for example, how many more seconds would your Shield last? Does any of us know? Hide/distract? My Sheild last 6-7 seconds now. Could I get my Sheild to last 10 seconds...

I seriously may try this. It may be worthless however since I will be putting IV mods in my t5 gear & later switching it out with V mods I figure I can give it a shot. Any naysayers?
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I think the problem with Vortex Cannon is the opponent's control resistance. Even when I'm wearing Weakening Field and my opponent isn't flashing white, I can usually only push them the first time I use the power or when I counter them.

That doesn't mean Vortex Cannon isn't useful. It is cheaper to spec into it than Sleep Dart. The delayed offensive debuff can throw some dps off their game. The push back effect also works well on most player adds. Use it when you need to clear a path.
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Shielding powers don't work that way. Adding Restoration/Dom only increases the amount of damage the shield can mitigate before it disappears. Distract can only last a maximum of 5-6 seconds - I would have to look up the number. The shield will disappear after absorbing its maximum mitigation damage, a tank removes it with a power - only applicable to Gadgets powerset shields, or the shield reaches its maximum time limit.

Gadgets shielding self-healing builds took a big hit in GU 25 when dominance's importance in the healing equation was decreased. The only reason to spec into Dominance now for PvP is to increase shield damage mitigation strength and slightly increase the amount of healing you receive from barrels/mods.
    • Like x 1
  6. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

So I did some testing on a high damage far range loadout(T5 use) yesterday and found some interesting results. I used NG>Sleep Dart>DIS>SF>INT>last slot I subbed in stealth/vortex/sb. The results we're fairly good I used Bow for my weapon and melted the dummy, I did notice that Sleep Dart needed to be cast before Stasis. The majority of the time I had no issue when testing with SF but when the target would be encased SD would impulse the encasement and its damage would be cut into about a third maybe a little less. This loadout worked well at a distance as to be expected but when swarmed by trash in melee(T4 solo) it didn't work so well, as to be expected. Thats why I kept switching up the last slot stealth gave me the increased movement(white socket) to get away, Vortex pushed back and so did SB. If you guys have any suggestions for the last slot that would be helpful. I dual specced.
  7. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

It's actually similar to what my new combo is. Just slightly different. The roll forward doesn't hit that much as far as damage wise if you look in the weapons role and synergy. Its actually a lot simpler to just use surprise volley (The lunge). You can do it twice. Roll forward if you are too far away. You can actually jump at the end of the forward roll to reactive it to cover more distance.

This is what I've been doing. Grenade Launcher>GG (Do it instantly so you see the GG animation. A grenade and GG will hit simultaneously.). Then Lunge>Lunge>Clip with FG>Jump>Grenade Launcher>GG (If done correctly, FG>Jump>GrenadeLauncher>GG would be complete in 1 second. This is just a combo cycle. As far as DPS Modifier, you can actually use Grenade Launcer or Lunge (Depending on if you want AOE or Single Target) >NG>Intim. Thats when you start your cycle. Hope this information helps. I could make a demonstration video if that could help.
  8. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Hi Doc,
    Thats really cool that you using the Bow in preparation for T5!

Practicing on a Dummy is good but as long as you consider one thing, its at a set defense. So you don't determine exactly how much damage. Instead, you gauge yourself by looking at how fast it takes to burn that dummy. So just say you use your cycle, and you fully drained your power, in 15 seconds, you have completely destroyed it. That means your cycle, power efficiently has destroyed the dummy. Now just say you adjust your cycle and powers, re-did it, and notice that you still had 200 power left, and you completely destroyed the dummy. Your power efficiency has increased. You probably already know this, sorry for repeating this. Just wanted to take the time to actually mention that so others know to gauge it a certain way to know if you are progressing or not.

In regards to Stasis Field, are you managing to still encase the target even though you are in DPS role? That's a little odd. But if so, you might not have to worry so much about it because most enemies in T3 content has a high enough will power to be able to not get stasis field. So only the Dots would appear rather then getting encased. This happens all the time when trying to practice powers like FG on DPS role, Encasement constantly.

Sleep dart isn't very consistent but I have used it for DPS several times. It's a expensive, 50% modifier, single target and has a small cool down. It might be cheaper to invest into Napalm Grenade since you already on Tricks Tree to vortext. That's only a suggestion.

That's actually a cool idea to use stealth with the modification to get away. Just keep in mind that it doesn't last very long so you need to get out of danger ASAP. You don't lose agro so try using stealth>Distract in order to drop agro and get that invincibility.
  9. thesteelshadow1 New Player

yeah ive been trying that the lung on with rifle 2 it has afew things going for over the role as it lets yous stay in the place you want to be a little easyer and builds your power up pretty good also. im not sure sure to role does less damg than the lung however ill look in to it while im messing with sb this weekend. i rember the lung being faster but doing less damg the back flip i know does less then the roll forwards for sure. volley might be the way to go as it counts as 3 hit now instead of one with the update if im wrong let me know on this please. but the bass combo were toying with seems pretty good just thinking on what esle to have in the load out and would ng fg cf intim or gg fg sf intim and for the rest im torwn
  10. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo...rison-of-all-weapons-in-dcuo.4075/#post-57045

If you look at this link, its a very good idea of what is good to use, both base damage, both power regeneration, how much ticks and the time.

Its very ideal that lunge is a very good thing to use. In regards to the load out, I don't think you may need CF because you have to be close range to use it. I would recommend NG for a good 50% PI to make up for not being able to utilize CF. FG is good to have when too much enemies around and they are close enough for FG Range. Intim obviously. Distract for safety. SF is also a good thing to use since its a 45 modifier and a single target. And use a super charger.
  11. thesteelshadow1 New Player

did testing on sb today 4 a hour or more today. does proc off intim just didnt see it the other day doesnt proc off the ticks however which would have made a great power. i had to pop a tricket to get a tick higher than 250-256 even took the neck mod off and used a 50 % and it took it up to 259 on watch tower dummy. when an tested in riddlers t3 solo and the damgs just isnt that great in my eyes. ticks were somtmes in 40s to 60s with the biggest crit being 189. did this 7 times. couldnt tell if it was spilting or just being midigated. much better powers could be used in its place for dps . to D3vil yeah that pretty much what ive been testing do like the lung over roll looked better and getting to close u do flamethrower and that may coast dearly in t5. i think cf rang is fine and for t5 as long as u pay attention and clip it u should have no prob getting it off and flipping away from the boss/adds. this the loadout ill mostly try first in t5 raids ng fg cf intim distract pb not sure on weapon yet its bewteen staff or rifle bow might even be somthing ill try. im also planning on spec into restro see how much i can get distract to handle. but ill mostly be used for picking ppl up so it might not matter how much it with stands if u get one shoted anyway.
  12. SavageTofu New Player

I have contemplated also if just modding health would be better. Still would it be worth while to increase Sheild strength? Has anyone tried it? What would you mod for your pvp t5?
  13. Rob New Player

I mod my T5 gear straight DPS, Might/ Precision, Precision/ Dom and Might/ Power. I rock all DPS PVP gear in Troller stance. Kills healers much faster due to the massive increase in Might and Precision. Battery Trolls are next to useless in PvP arenas for various reasons, too many to list here.
  14. Rob New Player

Curious as to what your thoughts are on the T5 content and how it is going to change your loadouts and playstyle? I switched up my controller loadout a little and made sure I had every debuff available, switched to HB instead of a melee weapon, and took a huge loss in damage out. Melee Ice tanks are beating me now, and I really don't care. The change has actually been fun.

How are all of you going to change you DPS loadouts and rotations? Discuss away..............
  15. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Thanks D3v,

I appreciate the comments. I was aware of the training dummy issue that's why I ran some T4 solo stuff just to gauge how it worked against adds that fought back. I didn't keep the combat log up though so I didn't get a look on whether SF was mitigating some of my damage for SD. I'm glad you wrote on this though. I was surprised that I was encasing the dummy in DPS stance too.

I'm currently using Napalm Grenade but was thinking I'd use Photon Blast instead of Sleep Dart. I just hate that the damage gets cancelled if I clip it or other trash adds can interrupt it. I'll have to give up the stealth too but I don't really use it that much. Think i'll probably drop it not sure what I want to use.

Any Idea's on a dual spec loadout for far range that can still do good damage. Every time I try to make one I end up having to give up Gauss Grenade. Which isn't a huge deal but I'd rather use that for controlling so I'm not encasing everything.

Good call on Dis with Stealth!

Thanks again.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

In terms of T5 gear, you need to consider whether you are going to use Precision or Might-based gear. There are two T5 DPS sets of gear. One favors Might more heavily than Precision. The other favors Precision more heavily than Might. You'll also see this in loot DPS gear drops in raids/alerts/challenges.

The raids are going to be hard. You'll need two tanks, two dps, two controllers, and two healers. It is expected you will have to be in near full T5 gear to get through a raid. If you are playing as a dps, you'll have to step up your game. If you are a controller, you'll have to do more than be a battery. You will have to help control any adds the tank misses and do decent damage out. If you're using an Omac 1-handed weapon, toss it in the garbage and use one of the new controller weapon drops.

Having said that, I'm not going to make any big changes to my loadouts. You just need to play more intelligently and be more cognizant of your surroundings. You can do the 4-man Operations in T4 gear. Just remember they are going to be hard and you'll have to play well.

One other thing to consider is that power costs increase with T5 gear. I plan on spending a couple of hours this weekend recording the updated values.
  17. Rob New Player

Excellent. Thank you for the info. Looking forward to the challenge. I am carrying a debuff of each type on my loadout ATM and playing each instance like it is T5 in preparation. I can honestly say it has been a lot of fun doing so, breaks up the monotony.
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I don't think you'll need to have each debuff on your loadout to clear all of the content. Maybe for the raids, but not for the 4 man operations in my experience. Just make sure you have a good set of crowd control powers on your loadout and that you don't interfere with the tank's pulling powers.

I ran some power cost tests on the test server:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/t5-power-cost-increase.152479/

Definitely worth reading if you are worried about power costs on your rotations.

I'm not sure how Dark wants to try to account for power costs in the guide for upgraded gear.
  19. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Thanks for the info about the DPS sets of gear and the power cost info. I got a weak computer and all the info I"ve gotten about T5 is from you fine gentlemen. I"ll probably stick with my usual controller loadout then. SB>GG>DFib>INT>DIS>WOP. I may sub Sonic Cry or Napalm in here and there for INT to control more adds. I'm having more trouble deciding whether I want to use my MA or my Bow.

As for Dps I keep coming back to NG>FG/throw knives>SF>DIS>INT>NN/Sonic Cry/GG. I'm having more trouble picking out my DPS rotation trying to mix in a good set of AoE, Single Target, Range and something to give me some room if i'm swarmed(mix of Burst and DOT).

Bottom line I need to improve my DPSing thanks for all the help.
  20. Rebelyon New Player

Anyone can recommend a good loadout for a rifle user for both controller and dps role? I have been playing BL2 and have the urge to be Axton or Gaige suddenly :p

EDIT:

After some trial, this is my loadout for Damage Role

GG, CF, Int, Turret ,PB, BB

Controller Role

SB, GG, CF, FG, Defib, Distract.

Viable? Or just waiting to be slaughtered?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.