The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDark Devoted Player

It definitely has to do with everyone being over geared for the content for a year now. Before T4, it was about doing damage as a group (focus firing), coordinating together, and managing power consumption to increase survivability. If you blew your power bar through out the raid, you were kicked.

Since becoming overpowered T4+mods and the popularity and growth of clipping load outs, raids could now be completed much faster and competition between the damage classes grew immensely. High vit allowed for sustained burst damage and high clipping rotations could last the whole raid.

No D.P.S. is going to sacrifice throwing GG or any other power. It doesn't matter if we set up the PI's for them. Casting that GG does damage. Damage that registers on the scoreboard. The scoreboard determines the victor.

We can afford to play reckless and controllers can afford to feed more power to the team if they're good. It's less about dealing damage among 8 players and more about focusing the damage out of the team among 3 players to compete. Which from the perspective of the support roles, gets boring really fast. Not all of us are submissive. If I'm competing with other D.P.S., I'm going to take advantage of everything at my disposal to beat them and make that raid as fast as possible. I will be selfish. Yea I said it lol.

But for T5 we have to go back to the how we originally ran our raids. Set up power interactions so players can conserve power, manage our power bars, deal damage among 6 to 8 players, and really coordinate. Not stay silent the whole raid.

Hopefully the batch of players to enter the game in the past 10 months can experience what we did. Lets hope they'll realize how important it is to work together and communicate. Wouldn't all of us want more skilled players out there? Not players who let their gear do the The ones that can't or refuse to adapt due to being emotionally unstable will with any luck leave the game. Forever. Or unless the difficulty gets nerfed.

Btw, I'm pretty sure mental can set up burning, electrify and frostbite as well. Perhaps it's just easier for Gadgets to set them up due to no cast times?
  2. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

For awhile, Mental's PI's wasn't properly I think.
  3. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

It can be difficult to spec into the ice, fire and elect PI's and get the best powers for that tree, Elec and Fire is easy its the 3 points to grab Cryokinisis. I honestly think our smaller scale CC is going to be better since we're more about getting the stragglers that the tank misses than the 4-8 man stuns that mental can do.
  4. m2stech New Player

So which gadgets powers are considered as "super powers" in order to be used with HT escalating might mod ?
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Anything that directly inflicts damage should count. Based on some very quick testing, the following worked: Sticky Bomb, Gause Grenade, Fear Gas, Taser Pull, Vortex Cannon, and Cryo-Foam. That isn't an exhaustive list, but it should give you some idea.

One thing to note, the proc from Intimidation didn't cause the Escalating mod to give a Might increase.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

The math is correct. Only thing is some of the numbers don't show the exact entrance to the next tier. Some show 2 ticks in (943,1043,1615,1515,1443,etc). Ticks can increases every 14 to 15 points. 2 ticks in personally doesn't bother me. I'll just work on including tier entrances some other time. I will use this though so thanks.
  7. Liam Solo New Player

Yeah I noticed that some of the numbers didn't show exact entrance also and It must be because of Excel and the way it rounded when it dropped decimals. I'll Go through and see if I can clean it up so it shows the exact entrance points and share that version. Thanks again.
  8. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I did get on the test server and did an alert with a few friends. It was the same tank that help tested the encasement.

We manage at the bare minimum to keep the adds from attacking a few time and actually controlled the enemy to be at our advantage point. It was quite fun to play like this.
    • Like x 1
  9. Liam Solo New Player

I updated the expanded VIT table with what I assume should for the most part be the correct entrance to the next tiers. The numbers follow the same pattern as the original VIT table and VIT formula.
    PoT=(70*(1+VIT/1000))

[IMG]
  10. TheDark Devoted Player

Cool. It checks out. Thanks Mr Solo.
  11. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Ran the alerts last night and had no problems ice encasing those adds while the tank and dps burn them down.

I did have to coordinate with the other troller to carry a damage debuff lol
  12. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

No cast times except for mass daze interactions (Mass Levitation), but they are a bit slow. Pyrokinesis can only burn one target unless there was an encasement. Not to mention, it has a longer animation than most powers in the powerset. Phantom Flames and Psychic Shock could cause burning and electrify but they have some cooldown attached to them. About the only thing that is spammable is Cryokinesis.
  13. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Between Gadgets and other trollers or even power sets, Gadgets matches the PI's AOE to a Fire or Ice power. It's one of its main capabilities.

I think mental and GL has their other CC's like panic and etc that are awesome as well. Just Gadgets has a really good group PI.
  14. Kaneohe New Player

Greetings Gadgeteers - I'm looking for some advice on PVE DPS mods. I read this thread, and the first page's section on modding seems intentionally less non-decisive. Rightfully so, I'm sure, but I'm looking for some advice from folks who have some experience so I don't waste the $ and exobits in making less desirable Tier IV mods.

My thread discussing my favored loadout a bit of other inofrmation is here:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo...mods-for-gadgets-pve-dps.153422/#post-1738978

15. thesteelshadow1 New Player

Hi Kaneohe, the best thing about gagdets modding wise is we can be modded in any of the ways you wrote and still be very good. i presonaly go the balance rout with pre/power and pre/health in yellows and blues and might/pre in reds. my stats are realy balanced and ive never had probs putting the hurt on any thing. with 145sp and afew green peices of the new gear with 4mods and a 151 staff/oneh im at 2213 might and 846 pec and would and plan on getting might tiped gear and modding with moding with pre/power 5 pre/health 5 and pre/might 5 and should stay even more balanced. but mod how u like and play around with different mods. also i would keep the turrent on in t5 i tried him out yesterday and he got one shotted alot even when i was ranging he get to close to aoe and go down. pb, cf or sf worked better for me in the alerts at least for me. thanks you the steelshadow.
  16. thesteelshadow1 New Player

I finaly got to do some rang testing in the t5 alerts and noticed afew thing. I but some sp into my restro for my shield thinking it might help and it did infact. the metro one i was able to use a distract and a sheild consumble and was able to melee away with right placement with little worrie and never went down on a boss fight did get jumped by some guys i couldnt see in the beging. the one with batman and cat women was harder to melee as we got to gotham i switched to my staff for the bosses and the mini bosses as they a had aoe around them and hit way a harder than what i was willing to ask my healer to put up with. the staff combo with f spin went nice with my loadout. which was gg/ng (tried both ng just cost abit more power) fg cf pd intim and distract. i do gg fspin gg/ fg jump 2tap fg button for the extra tap triangle right back into f spin cf intim or cf distract. below 35% i used pg and kept my dots and intim up went real well and burn seemed pretty fast on the boss at the end of gotham.
  17. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I miss clown bomb. Why did they keep clown box and gloves but not the bomb. That could be an awesome iconic!

I would consider an iconic loadout if it was possible.

I would honestly use those three powers in my load out to dps all day every day. Just because it was really fun and unique.

If only I had more supporters. :(
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Ah yes, the infamous Bomb power. I can't say I miss it very much. It was too easy to drop when trying to summon it. It would miss its target if you were throwing it as a fast-moving enemy. There was a long stretch of time where it would bug and not do any damage/debuffing even if you hit the target. While Bomb works thematically for certain toons, I'll take Napalm Grenade any day.
  19. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

There is actually a trick to that. When activating Clown Bomb, if you clip it with Distract or Intimidation, regardless of being CC'd, you would actually get back up while holding the bomb. And its more beneficial to actually slam the bomb then it was to throw. But I just would really enjoy chucking something when I was a Gadget user back in the day.
  20. segundoblz New Player

Sadly I couldn't find any good loadout for a range gadget dps :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.