Trial of Three

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NeverPayForLag, Dec 15, 2018.

1. took2summit11 Augur

What team are you using to try cyclone with?
  2. svann Augur

The point is that he learned from it. If they just made it easier he wouldnt have learned how to be better.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

That is entirely in the eye of the beholder i'd say. (and very dependant on who you do them with too in my experience).
  4. Mr.Danger New Member

Yes maybe not, I think stratos is overtuned. Empyr being easier as a T2 zone is slightly the wrong way around.

Say a group was RoS conflagrant geared and could not beat Trial of Three or any other trial for that matter just yet. They need a mix with T1 items from TBL to be able to progress to T2. -> Sounds about right

However, my crew simply was not ready for the trial at the start, and I have not encountered events that require that much fine tuning from a boxers perspective. But I enjoyed the challenge and hope there are more to come as i progress
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I think most of us enjoy a challenge, really i do.
    But i also thnk that many people complaining do not see themselves to be able what you did with your box crew, for different reasons. Perhaps they do not box? or they box only 1 or 2?
    I found that with my (raiding) friends, most trials (we did 4 of 5 last night) are doable. i personally have currently no issue getting a group together for a trial when my lockout's up. So i should not have anything to complain about, right?

Well, no.
    I saw that two group-geared people in the group can bring the overall DPS down enough to not beat even "simple" trials. And i saw our group breeze through some of them, with "raid force" (i.e. a top-of-the-line.WAR with a SHM box, a top-of-the-line ROG, a very good group-geared BST, a group geared and lacking development NEC ALT and me on my CLR).
    Group make-up and "quality" (in terms of maxed-out AAs and gear) matters more than i feel it should in my experience.
    And some people simply lack the resources, and they complain rightfully imo - thnis isn't a matter of "git better" that many like to turn it into, but one of design catering to certain fraction of the population.
    Dyna likes this.
  6. Lianeb Augur

I have done the trials (all of them) in full group gear groups. I think we even did one with a 5th string alt chanter in TBM group gear.
  7. feeltheburn Augur

I'm honestly shocked at folks saying this is one of hardest trials.....frankly found this trial the easiest and boxed it at that, group or raid gear aside, still think it is one of the easier ones.