Trial of Three

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NeverPayForLag, Dec 15, 2018.

1. NeverPayForLag Augur

so... time for a thread for that crap...

Three mobs, had to get killed in a certain order - defined through a short riddle.

Problems:
    1. Text needs to get read fast
    -> else -> the stupid mechanic kicks you out and you have to restart with a new try
    2. Three mobs are
    South: Left: Shadow of Stone - swirling dark air
    West: Middle: Swirling Sing - Ice/Water air
    North: Right: Warm Heart Flickers - Fire

It seems if they are not done in the right order then they become extremely hard.

Obstacles so far:

- if the middle area is not accessed fast with all in the group then the task is kicked again
    - Pets get pushed back if the one and only tank goes down - they don't take over
    - nasty AEs
    - if anybody is outside of the room of the activated mob then he gets nasty things (one seems blindness and a DoT) -> the ones die fast

3. Riddles are like:

You must first defeat the one - that stands mid-most
    And only lastly shall you defeat the one - that is in its element

You must first defeat the one with no fear of appearing weak nor need to appear strong,
    brings with it a modest weapon
    And only lastly you shall you defeat the one wielding the great power of its element

closer or farther from center of the three rooms,
    the bosses with spawn close to center room, in middle or farthest away from center room.

4. In most cases the first mob seems to be the middle mob but perhaps I was wrong in all tries of the second case (which is really bad luck if that would be the case)

The first mob is not a big problem with tank and healer, but some patches are sometimes necessary. The second mob was always doomday.. the usual wipe.

5. I like to have more time to look at the mobs. The whole group went in invis but only looking at the mob kicked us out - how the hell shall somebody get orientation for at least 30s or a min?

Questions:
    - is the second mob much harder or was it simply the wrong mob - or better which is the right one
    - what data have the tanks who had no problems with the second and thirt one?

Had buffed around 5,8k AC, 215k HP (with some buffs a bit more around 240k), that is enough for everything in RoS and the trash mobs in Stratos.
  2. NeverPayForLag Augur

Why group invis after the first is killed?
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Send down an eye (or a person) before starting the trial, get the clue the frontrunner can determine order and you are gtg.
    eqgamer and Tucoh like this.
  4. Atvar Augur

When you're not invis you aggro the mobs, causing anyone not in the room with you to get blinded.
    NeverPayForLag likes this.
  5. Orbital101 Augur

Blinded with a mega DoT lol.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

So you do not aggro one of the others by mistake as you move through the middle.

Especially possible if one of them is hanging right out at the doorway to help with a position clue.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

The right mob varies based on the clues.

Each mob will be harder or easier depending on your group and a bit of luck on who gets hit with what - the last time I did this the healer got silenced on one mob, which killed a tank.

The only thing that happens if you choose the wrong one is when it dies the event resets.
  8. NeverPayForLag Augur

And yes.. tank has all defensive, goes from cumulative over resolute and pushing in the usual addons like Blade Guardian, Brace for impact, Pain doesn't hurt while starting with Field Champion/Imperative/Commading and Dissident (Dichotomic) with the emergency Fortitude/Flash which should only be necessary from the start. But the mobs damage output is less the problem than the caster abilities (AE, nukes, specials).

Enchanter mitigation stuff is on too (Spell/Melee/DS mitigation + runes) and gets refreshed.
    Cleric stuff is the usual (DI, Divine Guardian, Shining, Intervention on nearly all in group) with the usual Rememdies/Interventions/Renewals and emergency Groupheals
    Druid/Rogue/Mage have the Cactiicii setup for DPS.

I cannot imagine that this should be the group setup or the spell combo.
    I assume I choose the wrong second mob.

That would be nice but everything which gives a chance to prepare gets an instant kick out of the task.
    a) reading through it after activaing -> kick
    b) waiting too long in the middle -> kick
    c) looking first -> useless because they need to be active to get a glimpse on them

Preventing the kick is only with going into the middle with the whole group and a fast decision which one to kill next.

I didn't tried so far to med up after the first mob and read through the text again, but I assume this is also a -> kick again - any experience with that?
    Dyna likes this.
  9. NeverPayForLag Augur

Yes silence wiped us too.
    And the only thing which happens is that 4% xp are lost every wipe which now sums up to a nice bar...

Yes happened also but he goes back instantly when the group enters one of the other rooms/areas. That happened while leaving the first room. Perhaps the DoT added to the next fight but I got through half of the second fight without problems and then big spikes messed up the group.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

If you have both a cleric and a druid keeping people alive should be easy.

I had plenty of time to hail to start it,
    hail to get the clue,
    ask in /g for the bard to group invis.
    Move in.
    Look at all 3 mobs.
    Follow the first clue with the group following me into the room.
    Engage the mob.
    As I was fighting read the second clue and remembering what I knew from looking at them know where to go next.
    Mob dies, /g bard please invis us
    Move to next room
    Grab target, kill it.
    Mob dies, /g bard please invis us
    (making sure nobody gets on aggro before we get into the room so avoid blind)
    Move to next room
    Grab target, kill it.
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

We do it this way every time, and have never had a kick. probably done Trial of the Three 10-15 times between Beta and live.. (We do use teamspeak and Talk over the clues) I use the tinkered helicopter eye thing. Run it to the 3way just before they get the clues, I'm looking at the mobs as they read the clues aloud, I describe what I see, and we make order < Center, Left, Right> or whatever variation is correct. everyone runs down as they are talking, and I cancel Eyeball, selos speed to whichever one we are killing first, and yeah, I may be blind for a second or two, but I have maps, and once you get into the Fight area, the blind clears up.
  12. svann Augur

I have no problem with it except that blind sux. I hate it.
  13. FawnTemplar Augur

Listen, I am a philosopher in real life and this quest has me all messed up. I just want to know how the devs define "modest"

Is it little? Is it medium?

I'm just standing there like "eh..... maybe that weapon is a little bit bigger.... hmmm.... maybe not.... I mean is that really a modest weapon... looks kinda big to me..... " *kicked to start* :confused::D:rolleyes:
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Some of the clues are harder to work out than others, could do with a little longer to engage than we get currentl.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

A modest weapon is good enough to get the job done but maybe you'd like something a little larger.
  16. Pirlo Augur

twss
  17. Vinjin Lorekeeper

The only issue I have with this particular trial is the time allowed before it resets. It's simple way too short and needs to be extended. And not just on engage but also between the named as well. I haven't timed it but it feels like it's no more than around 20 seconds.

It doesn't need to be minutes but I think twice what it currently is would be reasonable enough.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Ecchicon Elder

Figuring out this event is probably the fastest I’ve gone from “this event is stupid and bugged” to “I’m a huge idiot...” while playing Everquest.

Now I think it’s a cute event.
    FawnTemplar and Elyssanda like this.
  19. bigpapa Augur

when doing them we thought we had good clues, but 3/4 were wrong. I guess all 6 in group suck to get right clues :rolleyes:

*** not largest or tiniest = was not fire ( we were wrong )
    *** not distracted by unfamiliar surrounding = was not water .
    *** perhaps weakest .... = was not stone
    *** that is greatest of the 3 = was not stone
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @ you must defeat the one that stand to the rear , least ready for battle ( was earth ) if I remember right.

@ the one implies great strength , displaying little ( was water if I remember right ).
  20. Tour Augur

Did you raid Calling Phantasm in Rain of Fear? I think you may find it problematic. :p
    Axxius and FawnTemplar like this.