Trial of Three

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NeverPayForLag, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Whulfgar Augur

I don't understand how you don't have enough time to read the clue's an get into the correct mob area .. Unless .. you are boxing..
  2. took2summit11 Augur

Even then..I boxed this last night and got a set of clues I wasn’t familiar with. We decided to just let it reset on purpose, this was the first time doing that. I was honestly surprised at how much time we actually had. We sat there and joked around for a bit until finally getting ported back to zone in.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Exactly ..

I don't understand all these boxers who are trying to act like the game's unplayable .. Just cause they suck at boxing and cant handle the new content on a 10-15k alt with VERY limited gear they are in ..

/boggle..
    Coagagin and Herodotus like this.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

Not sure if that will work that way but here the shared link to Gina or send me tell in game if that doesnt work. Thx to my progression group for taking the time to get this down on beta (Bahdah, Astralx, Panorramix, Tolzol and Villette)
    {GINA:e2ef55d4-691e-4f92-87bb-e25635287d65}
    NeverPayForLag likes this.
  5. NeverPayForLag Augur

Another useless post? Nothing to add for a help, as an.... "elite"... player, who skips obviously the whole thread to rant about the first entry? You know, that is one of the reasons, I prefer boxing. To avoid such remarks and people like you. Reminds me on LoL, quitted that game very fast. Only Kids who need to be the best and a lost social status. But here it seems to go into the same direction sometimes...

Many thanks G.d. - I meanwhile have hammered it in GINA too but if that does not work I will use your shared keys.This tool is really cool. But I have a ton of work the next days and will test it perhaps at the weekend.

Many thanks for these ideas.

After getting the Hunter Achievement for Stratos done, the tank will have the fine edge more then the Trial will surely be no problem anymore. I am half through the Achievement meanwhile....
  6. bigpapa Augur

I am not the best at gina but I did one with what orbital101 posted at the #26 post and it work good.
    I pretty much copy/paste from what he posted.

*** OPEN GINA / under home / click add trigger group / add top level group and that will open the trigger group editor , under the trigger group name you can name it ** trial of three ** and click * save *, it will go to the right side .
    you can right click it and choose * add trigger * it will open the trigger editor .

under the search text you can copy /paste a text line who was posted from him.

ex; ' least size, for it may be the largest in power.{ that one you can copy/paste to the search text } ' the clue is --->>> smallest of the three ( that you can add under *display text *)
    *** under trigger name i choose the same * smallest of the three * , on that one i was not sure, but it work well so all is good .once done click save .

so i did it for the 22 that was linked there. you can't have the same trigger name , so for the ** smallest of the three and there are 2 different , the second trigger name i typed ** smallest_of_the_three . ect ..

***btw i did one as well for my shm , a timer for the dots and a audio setting ( when i get the bigger dot proc , so I can recast that dot )and one for alliance who work well. I usually don't use gina for the group game, but I am using it for the trial of three .
  7. Tucoh Augur

xpost
    NeverPayForLag and Took2summmit like this.
  8. Took2summmit Elder

Sweet video bro..u truly make that look so easy. Would love to watch more. Only complaint I have is I can't see anything that's going on because all the text is so small, but it probably also has to do with the fact that I have no idea how to play any of those classes in general. I always thought it would be a nightmare to move around with 6 boxes..but that looked easier than me playing 2. Hah!
  9. NeverPayForLag Augur

Cool, thanks. I tried to include the key in my spare time but only found how to share it. But perhaps I need more time to crawl through all forum posts of Gimasoft. In the docs I didn't find anything in the share-section.

Cool. The same like my troop. I know meanwhile how to do it. The keys are partly what I have assumed before and partly the support of tools like Gina to compensate my slow reading.

I read a bit through your "Tucohs Setup" and was still surprised that I obviously missed some ideas for the tank. It is not how I play him - he can tank many things fine. It is - like seen in the Cactiicii-Setup the equipment and tools. This gave me many ideas how to improve the tank. All goes down with the tank/healer combination. The rest mostly needs to DPS and survive which has been optimized some months before. But the tank went always down due to spikes or due to missing heals or the whole group being out of mana (which is strange - I assume that one of the mobs casts a manasucker too but I didn't discover which one even through reading through the spoilers - sometimes I have the feeling that something with the mana handling is strange since TBL or esp. in TBL). Missing small gear parts seemed to be the most difference in the setup.

a) Djinn Illusion
    b) Warrior Epic 2.0
    along others...like Artizans Prize...

You won't believe that but out of any reason I never went beyond Epic 1.0 because I read somewhere it is not used in todays game. But all the small thingies add to defensive, DPS and HP. That was one of the keys for being successful at the RoS Mission while optimizing the DPS layout. Here the tank needs another bit of addition.

Many thanks for that. I will work through the whole thread after Sunday.

P.S.: What is your hardware/software combo and your screen resolution? Seems pretty high. Nice :)
  10. bigpapa Augur

pretty impressive video tucoh , and you don't use IS_box-thing ? you seem , after the kill to invis and move right away.
    i could not do that with my casters , i would have them to finish that hotkey rotation ( usually 5 casts ) before moving because that would drop the invis if i moved too fast before the spells from that hotkey is done.

* anyway these boss avoid pets and attack anyone else except pets so it's a no go for me for that one since i don't have a * real* tank.

last try , i sent my 2 mage pets , and waited a few before casting to try to get some agro from them, but the boss avoided pet and killed the merc healer ( i had my shm and druid as well if need more heals, ) and i am sure pets were beside the boss { i instant summoned pet and sent right away on boss }.
  11. Tucoh Augur

I use IS_box-thing (IS Boxer).

I have a button (alt F3) that sends a command to all my characters to stop casting, stop attacking and invis (if possible).
  12. Whulfgar Augur

Who said I was an elite player ?

Your upset because I asked if you were trying to box this ? Really .. then try to imply I am the 1 with some thing wrong.. cause I asked a question.. that bent you outta shape.. but .. I'm the 1 with social problems.. lmao ohhhhh key guy.

At any rate good hunting.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  13. NeverPayForLag Augur

Here a bit feedback for the ones who helped and for the ones who struggle.

Trial of Three is done, after the second try. It was tough but worked.

Gina: helped great. I don't need to read through little text parts, cool solution
    AA: got the most TBL AAs now, it seems that added to jump over the limit
    Tank: is now fully TBL T1 ready - did the Hunter Achievement and got him equipped

Like I said, it was only a fine edge missing.
    I assume with T2/T3 this is easily done. With Raid Gear this would be a charm.

Many thanks for the ideas and help.
    Many thanks to Tucoh and his thread. One of the very small amount of threads who go in every Detail. Very nice ideas inside.

For the ports/fellowships into Empyr:
    Could fellowship people into Empyr without flag.
    Could not port them.
    Pirlo and Tucoh like this.
  14. NeverPayForLag Augur

not sure if bug or intended:

Pal/Sk-2HS:

All 2HS (T1, T2, T3/TS) have Damage Proc instead Lifetap. The 2HS before had Lifetap on them.

Intended or accident?
  15. lancelove Augur

I am now using the Pal/Sk 1hander that drops off a named in Emp as it has Rune on it paired with a Vector shield on my Pally. He was using a 2hs and was seeing huge health drops while tanking. Board n sword imo if your tanking in T2
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I do not know of course if we did the mobs in the wrong order and if that was what made the mobs unbeatable to our group; the clues seemed to be straight forward.
    (like smalles in stature, largest weapon etc, we never got even the first one down with the group i mentioned in the other thread; though i can not "prove" it, i am confident we picked the correct first mob)

The problem - real, tangible one that i have personally with this specific trial:
    The clues are on some message-filter that i so far could not identify. We tried to filter several into a window of it's own and failed - the hints are certainly not on "events" nor "system" nor "others" or any of the "obvious" ones...
    That made it so that really you have to decide in the roughly 20s or 30s you have between getting the hint and the reset to rush in, identify and mark the mobs in the hopes you were right, because the hints scroll unrecoverably off :/

(same issue is actually true for the new faction messages, they too were moved to some other chat-filter, as previously i had them in the same window as my battle-spam and XP messages and now they are in my main chat...)

I got that too at one point, for the last mob. I interpreted it as "the mob in the western room" i.e. the one you practically run into from the starting NPC. right or not, what does the swarm say to this?
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

That is quite an assumption you are making there. And a very false one at that.
    For the group i speak of, i can assure you that AAs and gear was not the issue (4 of 6 characters in whatever composition the group had were RoS raid geared and maxed AAs), and we were 4live players.
    So at MOST two players "sucked" at boxing and still could not get any trial we tried down.
    And since i was, for part of these tries, the one boxing WAR and CLR and neither tanking nor healing before several power-ups was the issue, i insinuate that we can safely disregard your post and underlying assumption of "under-AA's and undergeared characters"...

While it is certainly possible that we (especially me, since this was my first time into any of them) were missing some mechanic, the notion in your post that any who fail to win their trials of smoke just suck boggles me...
  18. Elyssanda Bardbrain

AB is the Euro server? So English is likely NOT your native language, I can see how things in this task could get easily lost in translation. It was one of the things we dealt with during Beta, the leader of our group is from Switzerland, and while he speaks very good English, certain clues still got argued over as to how to interpret them.
  19. WizziesRUs New Member

How do you open the chest? I got to the end, killed apparently in order, the chest was there... and the Grieving Soul Scent was standing next to it. I clicked on the chest, attacked it... nada. And because of that the Trial did not complete...

I note in the video from Tucoh that there was no Grieving Soul Scent guy standing there... what did we do wrong?
  20. Tucoh Augur

1. Target chest.
    2. Type /open
    3. Hit your return key.
    Defjam likes this.