Trial of Three

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NeverPayForLag, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Tucoh Augur

Not sure if I'm missing something but I don't think the element has anything to do with what you need to kill.
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

not, it doesn't matter on the elements, any of them can be any answer to the clues
    not largest or tiniest , would be the mid sized one,
    not distracted by unfamiliar surrounding, would be the one NOT in their element.
    The one foremost, would be the one standing in its doorway
    to the rear, least ready for battle, would be far from the door
    Implies great strength, displaying little , large with small weapon

there are other clues, I can't remember off the top of my head atm. some deal with weapon size.
  3. Vinjin Lorekeeper

Tucoh is mostly correct. There is one clue that says "the one in it's element". Since each room is themed by element (fire, water, earth), this means the mephit that is in it's same themed room.

As for the others, as far as I can tell, the clues indicate one of the following:

a. the mobs proximity within the room it's in (foremost is by the doorway, furthest is in the rear of the room, mid-set is middle)
    b. the size of the mob itself (largest, smallest, medium)
    c. the size of the weapon it's wielding
    d. the name of the mob (greatest of the three = love = Warm Heart Flickers, implies great strength by displaying little = Shadows of Stone, etc)
  4. Israfel Elder

Don’t think your “d” is correct.
  5. Orbital101 Augur

Ask Bahdah to share our Gina trigers... I heard he was nice that way specially when shared feet pict.
  6. Orbital101 Augur

Trial of Three riddles:
    ' least size, for it may be the largest in power.' - [smallest of the three]
    ' whose great personal power is made physical.' - [weapon matches mob]
    ' with no fear of appearing weak nor need to appear strong, brings with it a modest weapon.' - [middle of its room w/ rapier]
    ' implies great strength by displaying little.' - [smallest weapon]
    ' of middling size that hides great strength.' - [medium size]
    ' wielding the great power of its element.' - [weapon matches mob]
    ' greatest in size.' - [largest of the three]
    ' furthest from battle.' - [back of its room]
    ' neither foremost nor furthest.' - [middle of its room]
    ' neither largest nor tiniest.' - [medium size]
    ' that brings with it the greatest of arms.' - [whiteish/green weapon]
    ' that believes in moderation in war.' - [middle of its room w/ rapier]
    ' that stands mid-most.' - [middle of its room]
    ' that stands foremost, least afraid to fight.' - [closest to the door]
    ' that stands to the rear, least ready for battle.' - [back of its room]
    ' that is the greatest of the three.' - [biggest of the three]
    ' that is perhaps weakest in strength compensated for with a sizable weapon.' - [biggest weapon]
    ' that is boldest, most ready for battle.' - [closest to the door]
    ' that is in its element.' - [mob matches room]
    ' that is not distracted by unfamiliar surroundings.' - [mob matches room]
    ' of smallest stature, as it hides the greatest power.' - [smallest of the three]
    ' that shows great elemental power by wielding the least of weapons.' - [the one with the dagger]

Now dont say RoI dont think about the smaller people
    Pirlo, svann, Axxius and 5 others like this.
  7. Piemastaj Augur

Good, stop messing up our good name by helping people!
    Coagagin, Tolzol and Sancus like this.
  8. NeverPayForLag Augur

many thanks for this...
    but this is still ugly...

1. Dissident Spells are bugged.. didn't realized that first - after testing in OT named I even wiped there and discovered that some spells don't fire - after correction (with "reminder" to upgrade to Tier 1 we managed to get till last trial mob at 5% after some tries but wiped again

2. Cleric has fizzle rates like in OT with some debuffs - but mobs don't have these debuffs - they show only DoT/AE/DD damage. But I have to hammer upto 5 times to get a heal off - this silence seems not melee dependent either - it smells like an Everbug again - if people have firepower beyond then they simply burn through.. if on the limit and a heal misses then tank is down and pets are useless in that case because the mob goes on the casters and then the healers - taunt of the pets do not work here

3. It seems this happens if the riddle is not solved but there is no real information when it was wrong or right...also the debuff only shows the usual info about DD/DoT, nothing about fizzles or statreducers - only heal cannot keep up in that case and all are nearly OOM at the one wrong mob

4. the Time to even search for the clues with the spoiler is definitely too short, task kicks in seconds, have to learn everything from mind, else I always get kicked... this is horrible bad design - Devs must have been on "crack"...

5. Tank has hAGI favored because of AC (group game/group named). But these AE seem to do no good if a tank runs around with only about 220-260kHP. But to lower AC from 5,8k down is something which makes my hairs go up. I don't know the caps of hSta/hAgi and when it is useful to switch to hSta. While having raid gear I am always over 2200+ in Agi. With group this is on limit. Tank is atm on 2174 Agi, 2253 on Sta. Any grouper here has experience for the limits. Don't want to get a wrist restrain in exchanging all Augs.... (this should be automated somehow with one option)...

These trials suck so much. Whoever thought about that stuff, must had a real hate for EQ players...

I assume that people who have no problem simply have enough firepower to burn even through the wrong mobs. That one case with the 5% I am very sure I had the right mobs. In all other cases I assume I had always a wrong one. The difference so far is devastating.
  9. NeverPayForLag Augur

Wrong assumption.
    I had mostly the right ones...
    If I get the wrong one and beat it - I get kick out and it says I failed the trial...

nice... so this is normal that it is so hard.. burned discs.. again waiting 15min.. that reminds me on old classic EQ which was partly so boring... kill a mob.. med 5 minutes... I must be at the 50th wipe.. or 40th?... I lost track...
  10. NeverPayForLag Augur

Another solution:

- get a port/zephyr to Esianti from a friendly Druid/Wizard and simply buy the port spells and avoid the trial as long as AA/gear for it is missing

- get fellowship port to Esianti to do the same
  11. NeverPayForLag Augur

Which weapon fits to which mob?
  12. NeverPayForLag Augur

Correction:

Wizard port does not work - it seems I need still the trials to even get ported behind the trials.
    I thought Fellowship and Port would work.

What a expansion...
    Dyna likes this.
  13. Orbital101 Augur

Fellowship work fine... prob need tozone in once via campfire to unlock the port if they work the same way as the lamp.
  14. Tucoh Augur

What is your group? You might be better off doing the twister trial.
  15. NeverPayForLag Augur

Thanks, will look into it. At moment I am a bit done...
    Making a break... preparing for christmas ;)
  16. feeltheburn Augur

I had a fun bug on this one.....beat all three guessing the clues right but reset and got fail message when I didnt open the chest fast enough lol. That was pretty epic. Finally did beat it, you can bet I RAN to the chest on that win.
    Thunderkiks and Yinla like this.
  17. NeverPayForLag Augur

arrrg. don't tell me that... you have even a timer for opening the chest? I would have failed in that for sure too...thanks...
  18. feeltheburn Augur

yes I was like WTH?? beat all three clean and as I approached the chest....your chest poofs in a paradoxical cloud of smoke I believe was the verbage .....and the fail message...cant tell you hwo that hurt after 8 losses prior lol
  19. NeverPayForLag Augur

You can't imagine which part I would have bitten after so many fails :confused:
  20. took2summit11 Augur

Question on Trial of Three. My group last night got the achievement “Three at Once”. At first, I thought it was a bug because it kind of reads that you need to beat all bosses within 60 seconds. However, after reading it again it seems like we got this achievement because we fought all 3 bosses 1 after the other, no rest between. We did this, not because we were trying to be cool, but because we thought we had to. Does this mean you can rest between each boss to med? If so, this mission is MUCH easier than I already thought it was. I thought if you waited more than 30 seconds between each boss you would get ported out?