Give me a reason Too Farm Feats!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

You just proved my point, You got more Sp Then him by 50 but both the same power it makes sense you be doing More damage then him, But not by much am i right? By the way you're both the power was just buff up.

For people like me that have not had our power buff up such as Hardlight Electric and Nature We have too sit back and wait, And see people With power's that just got buff ice,fire,And Gadgets pass us By with less Sp.

that's not fair at all we work hard on our sp and we have too wait on a gu For those powers to be Buff up when it wasn't our fault it got nerf.
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Exactly Thank you finally someone gets it.
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Never said they weren't important they are important but they should matter more for powers we shouldn't have too wait on FOTM
    To Hit High Dmg with that power that we are.
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Once again i never said they didn't matter i wish yall would understand that, They do matter but they should matter More,
    Once again I shouldn't have too wait Because a power was nerf too hit High Dmg when power such as ice Have even less Sp then me,

It's Crazy that i have too Wait on a Gu For A power To Be Enjoyable in a raid Otherwise i get kick, that's not fair at all.
    it wasn't my fault these powers were nerf in the first place.
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Read my prior post in this thread...that is my honest and true analytical opnioin on SP. They do matter. They provide bonus in damage and for support roles..

Bonuses range from a little as 2% to as high as 10% depending on the SP diferential between players. When the differnetial between two player is 25 or less, the advantage is maringal at best. When SP are 50+ that is where you start to see a player with SP going against players of equal skill and gear really beating them out by 2-10%.

Last night I out damaged a 126 HL DPS by 15% because of SP and mods. Do not tell they do not matter, they do if you play against an equally skilled player.
  6. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Do i have too say it again People Understand this i did not say They don't matter! I'd Say They Should matter more.

Once again i never said they didn't matter i wish yall would understand that, They do matter but they should matter More,
    Once again I shouldn't have too wait Because a power was nerf too hit High Dmg when power such as ice Have even less Sp then me.

It's Crazy that i have too Wait on a Gu For A power To Be Enjoyable in a raid Otherwise i get kick, that's not fair at all.
    it wasn't my fault these powers were nerf in the first place.

You take away the mods then look at what you got left, Skill points do matter but they should matter more.
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

So 10% extra in damage is not enough? I mean SP should provide a good 5-10% more when one player has 100 SP more, and it does currently, so what is the issue? I see none from my end.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

So tell me, have you been hardlight Electric, And been out dps By a different power a FOTM Power if so,

I got over 100sp With both my toons and still getting out dps is this right? i think The fact that i went our and earn those Sp should make it matter more. People passing me by with these FOTM Power is insane, They have less SP Then me,

as i said before in this thread Powers should not have too wait on A Gu too hit high Dmg it should be up too to Earn those Skill points To make you're character stronger. Not wait till its a FOTM Power
  9. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I have to state this....YES I have and who cares.....really who cares....I do the socreboard chasing with league mates on league runs, that is it...otherwise I honestly to not care. running Necro yesterday I was the 2nd or 3rd highest CR player but first in damage. Tank and healer complained about the troll. So I went troll. Problem solved. Did I care if I was top or not. NO. I wanted to complete content.

Scoreboard needs to go after powers get balanced. It really does.
    • Like x 2
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i agree But that's the not the case it seems like most people want the Scoreboard to stay
    i have been kicked from more then enough groups because of it. So there's nothing i can Do expect ask for this.

Trust me i know the feeling of playing without a Scoreboard i been playing this game Since 2011 When there were no trollers And There was no such thing as a scoreboard there were no Advance mechanic's Or power restoration we were able to create our own loadout,
    I miss those days like crazy.
  11. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I started the game prior to GU36. So I know what you are talking about. The game was popping on the PS side, but many players, new especially, did not know how to do thing. Many used UTube to get loadouts but still failed. Vets rarely helped, so it was mostly the lower tiered player helping each other out.

SP mattered more than. Now it is gear, based on our feedback as the community. Do not forget that the developers look at the forum, twitter and FB for feedback and use that to shape the game. This feedback results in what we see. When I started, trolls were complaining about power usage and health was ever increasing in content. WM was brought on to help both. AM were brought on to help both. And eventually AM surpassed WM as the way to do damage. AM also made it EASIER for the casual gamer to pick up a controller and play this game.

I personally do not care if it was the told or new method. I would adept and become skilled enough to run content. Over all, I'm just tired of the issues with this game from SP, power being imbalanced, lack of communication from DBG about standards such as testing until the last possible second, content that is either way to hard or way to easy, the community toxicity, etc...

The last one is the main reason I'm more incline to walk away. Running HoH and tanking I got yelled at because of my tanking, though I did nothing wrong. I let another player who felt he was better tank it. We wiped at least 2x on each boss or so. I died once as a tank because no one would stop attacking the punisher..they wiped as I moved away and than I died cause, well no else survived.

Than when I gave some advice I was critized and told to go something very vulgar. Nice community. This happens regularly both in game and here.

I can see where you are coming from as I felt that way at one time. Now, I just find SP to be that nice extra boost that it is. That is all.

As for SP, I have 180 on all my toons and 182 on my primary. I have no desire to grind for anything more. I see no point for me as I'm more into ESO currently than DCUO.
  12. Perseus Chase Committed Player

1 mill is "not by much"...............WHAT?

And not to mention I have to do the portal n stuff.
  13. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

well maybe the other guy didn't know what he was doing or died alot he should have been able too keep up with you close,
    But anyway with powers like Hardlight Electric We need something That's why i have been asking for this Skill points For the Stats too matter a bit more. i am sick of getting kicked cause my dmg is low because HL Got nerf.
  14. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

Off topic: NO
  15. UltraVillain Committed Player

Maybe the best reason to farm feats is that however negligible the progression at least earning feats doesn't lead to content being devalued all around you......the same cannot be said for farming armour and CR.
    • Like x 1
  16. Castrato Well-Known Player

Ok, some things that people seem to forget when comparing powers against each other: each power does their AM differently. Precision based powers are doing less damage these days because precision isn't scaling like how might is scaling with gear
    • Like x 1
  17. Castrato Well-Known Player

Also, If you're a DOT based power you'll likely get creamed in damage because adds die too quickly due to burst powers like ice, fire, gadgets, mental, etc.

So, please for the love of all that is good in the world, stop comparing HL to Ice, Fire Gadgets etc. You'll never top the chart with how things are currently. Stop complaining about it and either adapt to a new loadout or learn to troll or run stuff with friends/league. If you don't have either then you're susceptible to other people.

This is all coming from a person who's main toon is 126cr 190sp Sorcery player. I mainly heal and dps when we don't need me to heal. I also have a 123 tank/124dps 189sp Fire. I mainly tank with him. I also have a 51cr 189sp HL toon that is going to be mainly Troll when I get unattuned gear.
    • Like x 1
  18. Oriole New Player

Skill points is that a reason if not then what hve I been doing all these years farming them...well somewhat.
  19. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

You always seem like a serious player. I don't think people realize just how unskilled many of the people in this game are and how badly they need the scorecard to guide them (whether or not they actually pay attention). I use it to help people improve when they're interested in improving, or to kick the people trying to be carried when they're being jerks. I'm not a damage snob--I actually lean toward kicking the top DPS when groups are wiping. Those players are quite often the ones not blocking, picking people up, nor paying attention to mechanics.

At the same time, some wipes are because people are just terrible at the damage role. You mentioned Necro...here's the damage part of the scorecard from a Necro run I did yesterday on the villain side:

CR114/206 6.5M Ice CrazyKitLamb
    CR125/190 3.5M Rage
    CR121/88 3.2M Munitions
    CR125/125 3.2M Fire
    CR125/154 2.7M Gadgets

Once you move out of the end game raids where the more serious players pool at, this is what the casual players of this game look like. I get this sort of distribution all the time when I just queue into things instead of selectively forming a group. CR, SP, and even the very large differences between powers are all trivial compared to whether people have even basic damage role skills in the game. Few of the players in this run even understood that their AM is an important thing.

For Necro, it really didn't matter that these other players were completely terrible. I just picked up the slack and we still squeaked under the speed feat (which three of them still didn't have even at CR125). Had it been a burn oriented raid like HoH or Throne, I could easily have needed to kick one of these people to even finish. Without the scorecard to guide that I'd have no idea how to deal with that common situation.
    • Like x 1
  20. Abstrakt Loyal Player

Skill Points for me are more of a personal thing by putting my time in and investing in my character. Im sitting at 191 and will keep working ive just started pvp and i still suck at it but i want the feats. they give us a reason to rerun content with our friends, and allow us something to shoot for. Now with more content coming faster it gets easier and easier to get the skill points
    • Like x 1