Give me a reason Too Farm Feats!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Delyxe New Player

I think you have your answers. Time to move on...
    • Like x 1
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Yep no devs comment so i guess there gonna doing nothing about it. Just gonna sit back and wait on the hotfix for HL and other powers
  3. kawe Loyal Player

Seeing I'm not the only one... your OP is hard to make sense of.
    If you don't think SP give enough stats, my answer still applies, farm as far as it makes sense to you. The stat increase doesn't seem enough for you, but for me they are, and feats are primary an incentive to run stuff, no matter the bonus they give.

People have been asking for a long time to change SP stat bonuses to percentages. So they always keep relevant no matter the CR progression we have. That change is long overdue imho.
    • Like x 4
  4. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

I dunno man, but sp for as a personal opinion, like them extra base stat's , you want a strong toon or not, even with FOTM i can keep up cuz of them extra base stat's wich i earned through farming sp, who dont wanna spec extra 400 resto or 600 extra prec, and yoour support crits, but hey there's more i can spec dps crits to..

On the end of the day you for me i wanna strongest toon as possible especially for pvp, so game on !
    My biggest enemy is time or low population, otherwise im pretty sure hunting that 222 xD

#goaheadgrammarpolice #happysummer #newtoon #usserver
  5. Perseus Chase Committed Player

I just out DPS this Ice DPS with the same gears as me (all 110) by almost a mill......wanna know why?

He got about 55 skill points less than me ;)

So skill points might not be really impotent to you, but to me.....it a nice boost to my start.

Is that not enough reasons?
    • Like x 1
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Feats grant progression towards Skill Points. Skill points grant Stats. When playing with players of equal skill and CR, stats will most likely make the person with the higher stats "win".

Therefore, if you care so much about "winning", then you're going to want high stats. Because if you're playing with other players that have an equal CR to you, then it's going to come down to who has the better stats, assuming you/your rivals don't suck.

So therefore, grind feats :) or don't. Whatever you wish.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

what's you're power and did have all the crits if he doesn't have the crit of course gonna out dps him.
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i don't pvp and as for FOTM i don't play that way i am hardlight have been hardlight for the last 6 months maybe longer then that,
    like i said before its Beyond Stupid that someone could have 77sp that's give them all the Crits,if they are The FOTM Oh there gonna pass me with ease wanna know why? Because Hard light was nerf!, The reason i ask for Sp too be increase i shouldn't have too wait on a Gu
    For my character too hit high dmg
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

no its gonna down too who is new FOTM Power of the month or Powers, Hardlight was nerf i have more enough Sp i got all crits and more,
    The stats should be increase i shouldn't have too wait on a Gu, Too hit high Dmg. That's why they should be increase it should My, decision To get the Sp Farm for them And increase my character not wait on a Darn Gu.
  10. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

That is YOUR opinion, BUT SP does matter even if YOU don't think so. I will continue to take the extra STATS in things like MIGHT/ PRECISION ( which if you get the ones at the bottom are 25 for each point ) , DEFENSE/ TOUGHNESS ( which i'm sure my DPS will OUTLIVE YOURS just in this STAT alone ) , and even ones like POWER which in essence gives ME a longer power pool then YOU.

BOTTOM LINE: TOO many PEOPLE think that SP doesn't matter BUT that is THEIR OPINION and if THEY want to be left behind someone who does GRIND the FEATS that is their option. PLEASE don't come back on the FORUMS and START COMPLAINING that " THIS GUY'S POWER IS OP because I'M NOT PREFORMING UP TO HIS". This is probably a lot of the WHOLE business end of where we are TODAY because YOU don't think SP MATTER.
    • Like x 1
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Ok one stop the caps,

2 i never Said Sp doesn't matter i said stats should matter more,
    3 The powers being Op is only the thing i came here
    Powers that get update Like i said You get 77Sp you get all crit's And you can pass other powers.

For example lets say i'm ice, and i,m also Hardlight or Electric, I got 77 Sp on my ice toon,
    i got over 130sp On my Hardlight and electric but i out dps my Electric and Hardlight toon How is this?
    Because ice was buff, that's all you need you can get more But with those's power Were always gonna be beat
    and its not our fault

i work hard for my Sp Hardlight was nerf not my fault, but i shouldn't have too wait on a Gu Too hit high dmg,

Now i don't know what you're problem is but stop with the caps.
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

To be honest, I don't even want to get involved with this. I've dealt with enough Hard Light players over the years to know that they're victims, every time and there's no room for debate in it. Devs hate Hard Light etc. etc.

I would say, though, that what you feel is enough skill points, might not be enough and what rotations worked for you at one point, might not work for you any more. There's no harm in trying it out to see if it works. The best players in the World across all types of video games generally don't stick to one strategy forever. They practice, adapt, try things out and find the perfect formula. Then once they have the perfect formula, they practice, adapt and try new things to see if they can make it even better.
    • Like x 1
  13. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

ok i got that and you could be right but i use the same formula as everyone else As in loadout And still getting kicked from groups, because my dmg isn't high enough and i got the sp i can go out and get more,but it doesn't change the fact i'm still hitting low dmg
    its not my fault hl was nerf,
  14. Rewhx Well-Known Player

Being Off Topic here, but you REALLY need to fix your shift key :rolleyes:
  15. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

200 SP Player with level 7 mods vs a player with 113 SP and VI Syn mods...

Both player would have all cirts and 2 weapons with the tier 3 stats and 2 WM moves.

The 200 SP player would still have 87 SP to invest. At 21 SP (17 per a weapon) the 200 SP player would 5 more weapons tier 3 stats or a total of 375 just from the tier 3 stats. This does not include the +6 Might or +7 Precision that one gets for the 2nd tier stats in the weapon tree. If it is all might it would be a total of 555 might give or take.

Mods....VII vs VI syn mods...

This, like SP can impact your Might or precision stat which impacts your damage. I believe that a player with VII mods get around 200-300 more in stats, so I will average it out to 250 give or take.

So with proper mods and more SP you get a total of 800+ more in your might or precision.

This might seem small but let's look at it from a number value or % value to be exact.

A player in full 110 gear with just 77 SP spent will have around 8400 might and 2700 precision. A player in same gear with 113 SP and VI Syn mods would be around 9.2K might and 3.1K precision, roughly. A player with 200 SP and VI modes will have close to 10+K in might and 3.6K in precision.

% wise a player with higher SP and correct mods without crit damage calculated (meaning just base damage) would on average do around 10% more damage than a player using syn mods and lower SP. That is if the player are of the same power and skill level.

That is why SP and mods still matter.
    • Like x 1
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

Yesterday, i form a group to do the Lightbringer feat and meantime when we are playing the healer ask me: "How can you are CR 126 and have only 168 sp?" Sadly, some players think that CR and SP should have a "relationship" and they're unable to understand that CR and SP are different things.
  17. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I'm always shocked when I see this kind of topic ... just because someone does not like skills, not mean they are not important ...
  18. Darrken New Player

Wait... are you seriously attacking someone's spelling? Proof read your posts. It is really hard to read what you have posted and take it as anything other than NONSENSE (notice it is not spelled none sense). Your lack of grammatical affinity is rather disturbing when you consider my eleven year old son can spell, punctuate, and articulate at higher proficiency than you do. Please tell me that your nonsensical rants are just a joke. If not I applaud the courage you have shown in your endeavor to get the devs to reconcile a problem you believe to be true. Oh one more thing... skill points matter.
    • Like x 1
  19. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

LOL...

What I find is interesting is that at 182 I am sometimes a OMG you have that many or I hear catch up....either way the game is a roller coaster of ups and down with good and bad players. I have beaten players with 200+ SP when I had under 130 and I have been destroyed by players with 60 SP....again, this is due to the whole FotM crap of powers. If all powers were truly balanced I believe that 50+ SP will provide a player with a range of 2-10% more in damage without mods.

Regular vs Syn mods we are talking about 2-10% dependent upon how each player mods their gear.

SP matter more for support roles As a 118 troll my base POT is higher than some 126 trolls in full 110 gear. Why, cause I have the SP. A league mate has full 110 and his POT tick is 1 lower than mine. This shows just how impactful SP can be for suppor roles.

On my tank, it was the same thing for a while where one of my league mates and I would compare our domiance. Mine was always higher as I always had the higher SP until recently, now my dom is a bit higher as I have the better tank gear.

Healing is the same way.

I do have to say this about all my support roles. I get the critica % for chance and damage. I have the extra SP and those extra chance to crit can help with the burn a bit.
    • Like x 2
  20. Perseus Chase Committed Player

We both Ice and yeb he got all the crit n stuff......he is 131 SP.