ZOE max is still to powerfull

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Nocturnal, May 29, 2013.

1. Taiga

do you even read anything? look at the fifty thousand other threads about why ZOE is unbalanced. if you honestly want me to sit here and rehash common knowledge for you, then i would gladly do it just to prove my point, but if you seriously don't know by now then that just proves how completely ignorant you are.
  2. Roarboar

Ill take that offer, getting instagibbed is boring.
  3. ShadowAquilaX

Fourth Factionist!!!!! GET HIM!!!!!:mad:
  4. ShadowAquilaX

Are you for real? That dude had tremendous support from engies. So did the TR one. The TR one died because he pushed when he should have retreated. and that was a rather dumb thing to do cuz enemy attackers can't go through that shield.
    This video only proves the effectiveness of cooperation and good strategy.
    A TR or NC MAX would have been able to do it also.
  5. Lyel

wait, THAT WAS YOU!?
  6. Lyel

You did see how the MAX could just fly in and out of cover, right?

People aren't understanding that ZOE is perhaps the only ability with an actual use in combat, minus maybe Aegis (MAYBE). You can see how everyone's spawning a ZOE MAX, because it's the only ability that powers up a MAX crash, or bringing a single MAX into combat in general. Lockdown is damn useless except for taking out air, Aegis I've seen used a couple times with smarts, but ZOE takes NO strategy. You spawn one, you turn it on, and rush to the action.
  7. SpaceKing

Lockdown is for locking down closed spaces. It lacks the open-area combat advantage that the other two have.
  8. crusher1234

Lockdown is basicly a deathtrap and not a lot of my friends use it not even for AA!
  9. crusher1234

You have to admire all the VS players they keep defending their overpowered ZOE Max like it would be the last base infront of their warpgate :D:p
    • Up x 1
  10. Syphers

No, at that range in that situation a NC max get maybe 2 to 3 kills per mags, 5 to 6 with slugs if he land them all perfectly which is very unlikely. ZOE grant an additional damage tier so you pour out more DPS than the TR MAX and almost as much as a non-slugs ScattMax minus the range penality and the need to reload every 4 kills. And of course dodge a bunch of stuff while keeping the same dead-on aim.

OP
  11. Cryptek

Want to know something else that requires no skill? The striker.

Let's see, the Fracture also happens to just be a straight up better weapon than pretty much all AV weapons, stats wise it's better than the comet was in Beta, where people (especially TR) QQ'd so hard about it being OP because it had 4 shots per mag, good velocity and took 4 shots to kill infantry, since being too versatile was too powerful, they nerfed the **** out of it (it's since then been buffed, but not to fracture levels). Yet here we have the fracture with higher velocity, 10 shots and 3-4 shot kill on infantry, without a doubt being one of the most versatile weapons in the game, becoming even more so with lockdown due to the further increased velocity.
    YET the AV weapon that got nerfed GU9 was the FREAKING VORTEX. Because you know, having a quarter of the Fractures infantry kills was clearly too much for the VS, we had to get that down to A TENTH of the fracture..

For once VS didn't receive the Lasher or the Lancer which requires to be used in groups to be even remotely effective (Oh how I love when people use that argument.... -.-) Now for once the TR/NC get to have a less noob-friendly ability than the VS.

ZOE is an ability that is powerful in small fights and 1v1, which is why people QQ because that's all their little brains can cope with, what killed 'ME' y'know, the important person. Not taking into consideration that ZOE is a death sentance the bigger the battle gets or the fact that there are a lot of capture points in the game where the mobility is negated by the tight spaces.

Suck it up.
    • Up x 1
  12. Goretzu

Interesting video.

An NC MAX could do almost not of that, not only are you killing at distances an NC AI cannot, but they'd spend 50% of that video reloading. :D
  13. c0r3

Hi there VS guys talking about adapting. Funny how you couldn't adapt to keeping distance from NC maxes right?

Well the tears flow both ways it seems.

But it does amuse me that some of the same people claiming scatmax was so OP, when it was clearly situational. Are now taking the opposite stance when it affects their max....

In case you think I'm somehow biased because of my NC logo... I personally don't think zoe needs any more nerfing.
  14. ShadowAquilaX

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I have seen situations where MAXs of all factions have held down rooms quite easily with that kind of support before GU09. That video only serves to prove that. With the the new abilities, the TR can continue to do the same, NC can learn to put the shield to good use, and VS will learn to use the ability as best we can.

Yes the TR kinda got the shaft when it comes to CQC and mid range warfare, but I dare not fly anywhere near TR now. (as far as Connery is concerned, Indar air space is in near complete control of TR)
    I agree that ZOE maybe the single most useful all purpose ability, needs a tweak or two (which is coming by the way just go on the test server).

I don't believe that bringing up the damage buff is of any consequence as it IS negligible (even at max cert).
    20% armor reduction means anyone would have to move fast otherwise you die 20% faster. It may not seem like much but anyone can attest that when caught off guard with little to no support while in a MAX is a pretty scary ordeal.
  15. Donaldson Jones

It seems to me when you give the nerf monster a cookie, it always wants a glass of milk.
  16. Van Dax

How about instead of whining about our faction trait (that for only the second time in the game we've actually received) how about you think up a way for us to have mobility on our max.
    Jump Jets have been deemed OP
    Increased Movement speed deemed OP
    Charge is all faction
    how the hell do we get a faction ability then?
  17. Lyel

So instead of talking about my post, you QQ'd on a different subject matter entirely. GG.

I'll just repeat myself- ZOE is not situational. That is the issue. The pros almost NEGATE the cons.
    • Up x 1
  18. Lyel

You can see how many TR use lockdown for anything except AA- almost no one. Not being able to run for cover makes this ability an absolute death-trap. If you're gonna hold a room, better to do it while moving. A ZOE Max can hold a room better simply because he can dash around cover.
  19. Spookydodger

The number of times I have seen, in this thread, that the damage taken increase is 20% is kinda astounding.

It starts at 40%, and goes down to 20% at max rank. At least from all the numbers I have seen thus far.
  20. Spookydodger

Holding a room solo, sure. What I think few people think about is the combined tactics of multiple people.

For example, the lasher is generally underpowered and very situational. You will usually only win versus people who are easily spooked. However as a support weapon, laying down suppression fire, it can truly make a difference. There is one room in the biolabs, where the old shield generator for the SCU used to be. A doorway leading from the central courtyard to the stairs going up to point B (on most labs) is usually a death trap for defenders, as attackers take up position at the top of the stairs to fire out the door. You can fire a lasher up those stairs from around the corner and splash damage everyone standing at the top of the stairs, forcing them back. While they hide, your troops run in to take the stairway.

In a similar way lockdown is useful. Lockdown one MAX to provide covering fire while other MAXes take advantage of it and move up. It turns a stationary defensive ability into a suppression offensive one.

Granted outdoors it becomes much less useful in a world with Lancers, Phoenixes, and armor. However outdoors it becomes the supreme AA weapon.