ZOE max is still to powerfull

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Nocturnal, May 29, 2013.

1. Lyel

?

so? its still ultra powerful against maxes. a nerf doesnt make something useless.
  2. Lyel

Mhm, and that makes them useless, right? Because the Vortex was made to farm infantry.
  3. sindz

So you think its fair you can farm infantry with fractures while vortex wont even touch them.

I see.
  4. Lyel

You can't snipe infantry units with fractures. Learn to use your advantages, same way you tell us to learn lockdown.
  5. Shockwave44

You are what's wrong with this game.

To sum up what Taiga just wrote:

The VS get something good, other factions cry to daddy, it gets nerfed, they say deal with it and we're playing the game wrong.
  6. sindz

No, you can mow down infantry, while the fractures cant snipe or kill a single infantry even if he was melee range. I like your balance.
  7. YoXn

If they removed the mobility than our ability would utterly and completely
    be useless. That is no way to nerf an ability. The thing with Zealot Overdrive
    Engine is that the way they made it, it is very easy to break it. Now to your
    point of it not having a drawback, well it does. 20% increased damage.
    I know it is not much, being the damage can be mitigated by Kinetic
    armor, but still. It does have a drawback.

My thoughts on fixing the ability is the way they are currently handling
    it, and that is through nerfing AD AD strafing. Which is fine because
    currently strafing causes hit detection to be hard, and unreliable.
    I think ZOE will still be strong after the nerf, just not as strong as
    before.

On a side note: NS weapons should not be effected by Zealot overdrive engine
    and neither Lock-down. But that is really all.
  8. Lyel

You can't snipe infantry units with fractures. Learn to use your advantages, same way you tell us to learn lockdown.
  9. Syphers

Remove the speed and play around with the dmg increase/dmg taken, if MAXes want speed then charge should be the only option, otherwise infantry balance is ****** up and you can kiss MLG and all that stuff goodbye.
  10. Hagestol

You do realise that this is like saying that NC shouldn't get shotguns for their maxes right?
  11. NateTronic

Hah have you ever even tried to use Vortex? VS get the shaft when it comes to MAX AV. The comets are our best option and they still under perform compared to fractures and ravens. Lancer and Vortex suffer from absurd bugs that will never get fixed anytime soon (charge bugging out) and the Vortex has damage drop off on a vehicle sniper not to mention you cant actually achieve its listed RPM because of bugs and human timing. Charge is such a stupid *** mechanic and it should have never been in the game but the devs are lazy when it comes to the VS. Fractures and Ravens have superior AI killing capability compared to the vortex as well as 80% of a real fight. Nerf Fractures and ravens AI power
    • Up x 1
  12. Syphers

Shotguns are short range weapons, unless you pick slugs but slugs <<<< TR,VS AI weapons. You can run away from them, you can kite them, you can bait a charging max and run another way and on top of that the TTK difference betwen them and the TR and VS weapons is something like a 0.7 - 0.8 sec only
  13. Syphers

I'd rather get your weapons
  14. Taiga

no, YOU are whats wrong with this game. you GENUINELY think that every single bit of weaponry that VS has is completely and utterly inferior to the other factions, and that as soon as you get something that is overpowered, you just claim that "it is fair because VS is UP" i see nothing but you whining and complaining on the forums about VS sucking. Man up, ZOE isn't "good", its completely overpowered. try to downplay it all you want, but you won't make any difference.
  15. Ashur

And we come back to the fact that the VS is the bastard child of the game. Our THING is mobility, and every time we actually get that the other factions cry and whine and ***** until it's removed. You people actually managed to make the magrider utterly unable to strafe for a month so I don't hold much hope for ZOE given how much hate it gets.

But yeah, the mobility is supposed to be our trait, otherwise it's just a big purple glowing target and we're right back to old useless VS maxes.
  16. Syphers

useless lol? VS MAX = TR MAX dude, i'm fine with mobility as long as it's not on a freaking max and anyway everything you got is pretty good. Fractures > vortex but that's all really.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/character-5428069961292689809.php?tab=coltmacsteel here my troll VS alt, my ZOE killstreaks are erased now except some of the last one but I testify that it's outright OP went 215/6-7 K/D without engis backup, bon chance to do this with TR or NC MAXes post nerf.
  17. YoXn

You do realize if they want to balance this game. They will not do it with Empire
    specific weapons. They will do it with NS weapons. I remember reading somew-
    -here that they plan to ban guns, or remove them from MLG island. MLG will
    be balanced. As for right now, they can buff the damage if they like and remove
    the utility. But if they do that-- well we would be 300m scattmax's that would
    instant-gib anyone that we see. Like I said. If they nerf the wrong things with
    Zealot Overdrive Engine. They will indefinitely break the ability.

How they nerfed it so far with the AD AD strafe nerf is enough so far. Baby
    steps-- not nerf to the ground ideologies.
  18. crusher1234

That nerf is not enough, it's still over the top and you only force people to play their VS charakter! PS2 is definitely broken! Why don't you just get rid of all the new abilities instead that would at least solve the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gonna play my VS charakter from now on cause I don't wanna give them free certs!! :rolleyes:
  19. Shockwave44

Prove it.
  20. crusher1234

no comment :mad:
    • Up x 1