ZOE max is still to powerfull

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Nocturnal, May 29, 2013.

1. Nocturnal

Remove the mobility completly.
    The problem with ZOE max is that it has no drawback like TR/NC maxes does
    They move around like regular infantry which makes them op.
    • Up x 3
  2. BatouSection9

You obviously never did your homework.

VS has takes increased damage while Zoe is active, making them even weaker as well as canceling out the explosive resistance cert. (Well when you put it together anyway.)

And while I don't want to light a match to this thread, TR has successfully made it literally impossible to fly airborne (even for flight veterans) for less then however many ***** they give.
    • Up x 3
  3. Ronin Oni

mobility is the entire point...

what, am I just supposed to make myself weaker and glow like a discotech in order for 1 less bullet to kill at max rank?

and why would I do that?

"Oh you get an ability? Nope, can't have that... just take the dmg penalty instead"

great balance idea :rolleyes:
    • Up x 5
  4. Slab Bulkhead

No kidding, I'd happily give up the measly damage increase just to keep the mobility boost. I'm sad SOE listened to all the qq about our new ability, that damage penalty is absolutely brutal when multiple infantry are firing on you. The people whining about it need to aim better, is infantry strafing OP now?
    • Up x 2
  5. BadLlama

Maybe you should play as infantry on the other faction and you will discover its not exactly easy to hit a mad man strafing MAX that is ******** bullets out everywhere.
    That is really the entire problem. The whole point of MAXes were to be slow and unwieldy buff dudes, two aspects the other two factions abilities adhere to and the entire games has been balanced around. The VS ability throws that completely out the window and has broken the game with MAXes that are as mobile as standard infantry and no more acceptable to damage than a standard MAX if you have your resist armor equipped.

I am seriously interested in seeing the K/D and SPM for the faction MAXes over the past week.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ronin Oni

Just give us our Jump Jets then ;)

If you think about it... it really wouldn't even be that powerful as we'd only seperate ourselves from Engies if we jumped anywhere they can't go...

and a lone max is a dead max.

for current ZOE... I could see increasing the dmg penalty more maybe. nerf the mobility much more than what they've got on Test and it'll literally become a pointless self-nerf.
  7. Ash87

No it doesn't, because the ZOE max gets a 50% reduction in it's survivability.

It takes fewer shots to kill, and 1 brick of C4 does the job nicely

The ZOE is a powerful ability, but it's still got easy counters, learn them.

The buff to straffing makes it alright.

I would -like- to see something where the ability could have a power up and power down... but that is disconnected from what you are saying, as what you are saying does nothing to balance the ability, it simply handicaps it.
    • Up x 2
  8. BadLlama

I would honestly prefer that. You can get where other MAXes can't but that usually also means your engy can't get there either.
  9. Ronin Oni

And fits the VS theme of mobility....

I do like ZOE though :D

Honestly it probably just needs more armor nerf...

The big thing with a MAX is that you trade mobility for superior armor.

Cancelling the majority of that trade of mobility should also cancel the majority of gained armor, however the bright glowing and larger size compared to infantry, combined with lack of auto quick regen shield layer, does mean it should still take a lil bit more punishment than a std infantry.

If they're dead set on keeping ZOE... it's likely the only fair way to balance it.
  10. Nocturnal

Ok i admit VS have tiny drawback which is they take 20% more damage. It takes 61 bullets to kill a ZOE max instead of regular 77.
    And if you want extra resistance instead of mobility you can just turn it of like that.
    That's not much of a drawback since you can run as fast as infantry. Then add nanite autoreps and you are a universal soldier.
    And if you cert flak armor you scan take 1 C4 hit. I know my homework i have ***** many NC and TR while abusing it.
    The main problem with ZOE is that it can move as fast as regular infantry.

ZOE max kills air just as fast as a burster max
    And i agree that buffing bursters for ZOE and lockdown was totaly unnecessary
    • Up x 1
  11. Nocturnal

They need to rework the ZOE completely .
    Giving 1 empire more mobility is not going to work if they want a balanced game.
    Any competitive gamer knows the value of mobility. And if they are going to take their esport thing serious then it has to go.
    And jumpjets for maxes lol i dont want to even think about that :p
  12. Pazzonni

You can have more dmg, you can have less disco balls, you can even have NO reduction in armor... AS LONG as you do NOT have the Speed boost!
    Deal?o_O
    • Up x 2
  13. ChaosReaperr

Each faction is supposed to get a Max ability that is a bit unique... The sheild and lockdown definitely accomplish this, why shouldn't VS have something that makes it unique and actually be effective.
  14. Kogmaw

Yeah, **** that mobility trait thing! Take the ZOE to the way of the Magrider!!

Along with that, i think the TR should have their fire rate removed, and the NC have their damage boost removed. I am incapable of adapting and dont want to learn.

(though ive always wanted the JJ, but there would be even more tears flowing through the forums than there are now)
  15. Ztiller

Why not? It worked for the Magrider.

Why is it fair for NC to get more survivability, Tr more damage output, but not mobility for VS? Are they not important all 3?
  16. ChaosReaperr

The speed boost is the point lol. So they should have done jump jets like PS1 since the other factions got something themed like their PS1 counterparts. Mobility is the theme of Vanu, well mobility and accuracy.

So guess what this theme is supposed to mean something, this ability is supposed to be dramatic, where it really is useful for certain situations. It's not supposed to be a mildly useful ability all of the time, but a situationally very useful ability.

It makes far more sense to keep the speed boost (keep the strafing nerf, it really isn't that useful, just a bunch of noobs spamming it and it only works against other noobs) but possibly increase the armor reduction... enough to balance out the fact that you move faster. Some possibilities.

Keep speed
    Modify Armor Reduction (much more, maybe 30-40% instead of 20% like now)
    Remove the disco lights (if we are taking a sizable more damage then don't make us quite the obvious target)
    Remove the damage increase or keep it, it's pretty much insignificant, if the armor reduction is big enough then keeping this is important to give some balance, keep the damage if we keep the disco lights

no matter what add a reactivation timer so we can't toggle it on off so fast

The idea being making it more situationally useful instead of constantly useful. If we take even more damage then we only will use it for mobility when we aren't taking heavy damage.

The other option is to kill the speed boost and go for Vanus other focus, accuracy. I'd be all for an accuracy increasing mode with higher damage but reduced defenses and disco mode.

I think it's a bit too useful too often right now, just make it more specialized with more obvious downsides but still a strong benefit.
  17. Naithe

Ehm, The speed is cool, and a nice addition, The loss of ADAD, will go a long way, and its supposed to be good, thats the whole point.

The Heavy Overshield, is kinda good too, so is the Medics selfheal....
  18. Slab Bulkhead

Not really, like I said I don't care about the piddly damage boost, lovely pink "Hey! Shoot at me!" glow, or reduced armor, I won't trade a buff on any of those for the loss of mobility. No matter how nimble our maxes are they should be easy to focus fire on from medium range. If you're expecting to solo a max of any race at close to mid range you deserve to get wiped out. Sneak up on them with C4, lay traps with prox mines, there are plenty of very effective tactics that work great against the reduced armor. Don't just whine because hitting them with rockets is harder.
  19. Nocturnal

Well they could make it a cooldown ability that lasts for a few seconds like the old overdrive from PS1 or similar.
    But a constant speed bonus for a max is too powerful.
  20. Shakugan

I dont see why people are calling TR and NC max ability bad. I think they are awesome. The extra ROF from TR chews anything down instantly. NC they shield is very handy true you cant fire but you are suppose to make them waste their clip on you while you get up close with the hacksaw and fill their face with holes while they are reloading. VS seem only op when theres a 1v1 or small scale fight but when it a large scale they are usually a beacon saying shoot here plus 1-2 rockets will kill a ZOE max.