ZOE Is still a problem.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Ned, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Mxiter

Last times i saw its stats:

NC max have less total kills but medium-high KPU (depending the weapons), certainly due it's low versatility, but being strong at his job.
    TR max have many kills, but worse overall KPU.
    VS have the highest kills numbers and highest KPU.
    For AI weapons.

Fractures and comets were pretty close las time i saw them stats.
  2. teks

Vsmax is fine. If your having problems with it its probably because your playing on the wrong side.
  3. Mxiter

With that state of mind, all OP/UP stuffs don't need a balance pass. (maraudeurs, fractures, enforcer mod, magriders's shell velocity ect)
  4. MasterDemoman

Take my advice and actually shoot at them instead of running away like a dog with it's tale between it's legs.
    Anyhow I do agree, TR and NC need a new offensive MAX ability and VS needs a new defensive one.

Boom, balanced.
  5. teks

Not unless its vs of course.
  6. teks

Magrider needs zoe.
  7. Ocaml

I think you know that ZOE increases damage output by up to 30% but everyone will do 30% more damage to ZOE MAX. It may look OP in 1 v 1 or other small engagements but try to do it in 20 vs 20 and you will die very fast.
  8. Xasapis

You'll be lucky with top tier ZOE to get a 10% increase. Some weapons like the bursters don't see more than 5%. 30% is fictional.
  9. Thuggernauttt

Its hard to take advice from a guy with .95 kd on any matters related to FPS.
    Thuggernaut
  10. Ceskaz

It's kind of drama queen speech. NC have a shotgun on each arm. OK. TR have underperforming assault rifle on each arm, but AR with big magazines. And you can say wathever you want, its quite a perk.

AI NC MAX perform well in stats because NC mostly use them in the right situation (Biolab and... and what ?). But TR's, despite their MAX (said) poor stats, pull a lot of them because their MAX is a valid fire support platform to infantery in a lot of situation. In open or semi-open combat situation, NC must rely mostly on HA.

That is, in my opinion, a fine analysis for NC MAX.
  11. Mxiter

Just Fractures saves the TR max on open/semi open (and mercies by a small magrin) and Blueshifs+ ZoE for VS (and comets, Vortexes)
    I also see sometimes NC max with raven or mattocks on open and semi-open.

Max, whatever the faction makes the difference at infantry chokepoints (defense or max crash) to gives an extra AI firepower and extra survivability, not in open where every vehicles can kill them in few seconds, infantries guns are more accurate and rockets launchers are easy to use, it don't worth 350 rares infantry ressources there (but maybe for VS max thanks to ZoE mobility buff)

Even max AV weapons are mostly used against maxes or infantries than vehicles (but vortexes and bursters).

TR maxes are OK at closer rang but strong where maxes are weaker (mid range).
    NC maxes are strong at close range (where maxes makes the difference) but poor at mid range.
    VS maxes are strong everywhere a max can be used. (depending the loadout ofc) but at long range AI thanks ZoE, versatile AI weapons (Nebula/Blueshifts) and very different workable AV weapons. (comets works for anti-max/AI and Vortexes works well at mid-long range AV).

Imo, Zoe needs a bit less mobility since it trande 10% less resistance for an huge mobility buff (it trades 20% resistance for ~=20%damages at max level).
    TR/NC needs tweaking for them AV weapons besides the AI damages nerf to get corrects and separate Anti-max/close range AV weapons and and long range AV gun.(stuff with low base damages but with damages multipliers at AV, like phoenix and lancer).

I never saw VS max with charge for month (but low BR), it's certainly the necessary proof that ZoE isn't a sideback and needs a balance pass.
  12. Xasapis

Just a minor correction. It's 30% damage taken with ZOE active. So after you calculate resistances, add 1.3x times damage on top of that.

Also the damage buff is between 5-10% depending on weapon. Least affected are the bursters, most affected are the AV weapons, somewhere in the middle are the AI.

In any case, the main reason everybody suggests closing ZOE if forced into 1vs1 is because you're taking more damage than you're dishing. The strong point of ZOE is to use that extra mobility to position yourself better and ambush your opponent.
  13. Mxiter

Whatever the exact percentage buff, it reduce the TTK by 1 bullet against infantries, it means than 143+ ZoE5 ~= 167 damages, 167+ZoE5 ~=200 damages wich is pretty strong.

Imo the damage buff needs to go, or the mobility buff needs tweakings to balance it. I'm more in favor of mobility reduction: something like the strafe speed, or the forward/backward speed.
    Both makes it too stong at attack and defense.

Or timer /w cooldown like 15sec use and 30sec cooldown.
  14. Makora

Where exactly do you get your information from? I am very curious about your source and details. Are they up to date? How exactly were these numbers crunched? Did these calculations take into account different damage modifiers on the targets they were tested on? etc etc.
  15. Xasapis

I'm fine with the damage boost gone (barely noticeable on anything but Comets. I bet if they stealth removed it, noone would notice). Then they'll have to find a way to justify the different ZOE tiers of course.
  16. MasterDemoman

Hard to take advice from a guy who judges my entire PlanetSide 2 gameplay based on the horrid start I'm sure you had as well, check the kill board, then get back to me.
    • Up x 2
  17. Scan

Ever since I started playing VS, I am really enjoying ZoE.

No problem!
  18. BITES

Yeah this is a bunch of non-sense ... ADK are pretty sweet.