Yesterday I got 570+ kills without dying. 1 man to farm them all #PSWorldRecord

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IronfistNC, Jan 11, 2015.

1. MarkAntony

I get confused? Are those sniper stats supposed to impress people? Or are you being sarcastic?
    Cause the only reason you perceive sniping as slow directive wise is because, frankly, you suck at it. I mean ,come on, 12 kills per hour? (or taking your best: 27.4 KPH which is still average at best)

And even as someone who loves sniping: "front of the computer playing Planetside 2 all day, doing nothing productive and being nothing but braindead by using the same old trick pony over and over again" the same exact thing could be said about sniping. In fact the same exact thing IS being said about sniping. And just as the people who say stuff like that about sniping are wrong you are wrong.
    Just like sniping well takes a certain skillset so does flying well.
  2. Dreadnaut

I think one brick of C4 should put a Lib on fire (not kill it). 2 should insta-gib it. I'm totally ok with that.

What most people fail to do is actually go back and read my posts on this forum and see how I approach things. I want balanced gameplay. My posts are about balance and fairness. If you got back some two years on my posts there are plenty of things about the Liberator that were OP and needed to be fixed and plenty of things that are were UP. People just like to complain and don't actually like to do any research before they open their mouths on a forum where anonymity reigns supreme.

What I don't like is when skill gets nerfed, and easy mode gets buffed.
  3. Stormpaw

Well ****, that's kinda terrifyingly impressive. Glad I was on the receiving end of that night. Excellent job man, to you and your pilots.

And to all those salty folks calling it cheap or easy or saying it doesn't matter from the air, well don't just type it on the forums, show us how easy it is, go do it yourselves and post your own thread, we'll be waiting. Until then, your negativity is invalid.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dreadnaut

If you did this, you'd never get any kills.

Lets not forget this was 570 kills in 10 hours. Less than 1 kill per minute. There are infantry guys like Harvester than are getting more than double that. If the Liberator is this spamming beast you speak of, how are infantry doing better than it? Granted they are dying but their KPM is much higher.
  5. Dreadnaut

Doing nothing productive? More ignorance by a forum troll. You don't know me nor do you know how I fly. Most of the time people are laughing at me in TeamSpeak because I am the one asking everyone to help me at the front lines of battle. I'm ALWAYS looking to push territory and many times the only reason our faction pushes territory is because I come in and remove the ability for the enemy to spawn.

Come up to your level? You mean sit at range with a sniper rifle in the most useless class in the game (Sniper not Infiltrator)? You're advocating sniping which in 99% of cases doesn't do ANYTHING to help your faction other than pad your own stats. You're the epitome of hypocritical and sniping is absolutely useless in PS2 and does nothing to help your faction. Absolutely NOTHING.
  6. Revel

Because he's slogging through the tough fighting and killing lots but dying lots. I bet you picked 12-24 fights (of which it only takes 1 of you to ruin) when you weren't traveling in a pack. I'm sure you picked your fights carefully.

I really wish they added the caves from PS1 so I can watch the anger and quitting start when their farm machines can't get in and most infantry players migrate there. There's a reason biolabs are a popular fight.
  7. Inex

You can just edit to cull the items that you aren't responding to. I find it makes this both more readable from a length perspective, and makes it clearer what you're responding to.

For example:
    Funny thing about that list. It looks a lot like the exact same threats everybody else on the ground needs to worry about too. None of them get a weapon that can take out a Vanguard in 3 seconds though. Or a secondary gun that can 1-shot most targets. But hey, at least the Magrider gets a baby version of your "Tank's HP + Afterburner".
  8. Dreadnaut

You'd have bet wrong. Picking those kinds of fights you don't get many kills, many of the fights we were at were 96+. This is another reason why IronFist had less than 1 kpm. If you all thing it was just sitting at flight ceiling spamming tiny fights you're absolutely 100% incorrect, that's not even remotely close to how it happened.

Why must you people try to assume what we did? Why not just ask us or read the post in its entirety before assuming?
  9. Revel

So were you traveling with a massive flock then and just ran when the easier targets got blown out of the sky leaving you next on the AA target list?
  10. Dreadnaut

I've already covered this in my previous posts, but I'm happy to respond.

For much of it in the beginning, we had 1-2 ESF pilots in our squad but they were mostly off doing their own thing. Occasionally we called for help to deal with people coming after us. Many times we landed on fire, repaired and were back in the air. There were quite a few times where I would repair solo and IronFist would stand away from the Liberator in case we got jumped while landed on a pad. Like I said earlier, IronFist was a Light Assault after about kill 200 in my Lib (previously an engineer) and only had to bail two times.
  11. Revel

So you got to 570+ by being a complete cheese coward. Gotcha.
  12. Dreadnaut

For the sake of argument, lets just assume we are the biggest cowards the game has ever seen. No other coward has been able to do what we did since the changes to the Lib and AA (post Zepher nerf at launch). So I guess that makes us the bestest cowards ever!! :)

Now, to ask you a question...

What about me landing and repairing makes me a coward? I don't understand. Heck, we could have been running Composite Armor to absorb even MORE damage, but we weren't doing that.
  13. Revel

Sorry that was for IronFist, not you.
  14. Fuers

I dont believe anymore that emerald is a high skilled server. I am playing for 4-5 days straight on emeralds prime time (i am from europe) and i have yet to encounter a really goood player. I am playing VS LA only on emerald and i dont struggle (KDR 1.5 - 2.3) like i do when i play LA on miller (KDR 1.0 - 1.7). Skill wise this server is really bad. Now i know why Youtube is full of emerald videos as u can seriously farm people.
  15. Dreadnaut

So is it your opinion that for the first 200 kill streak he wasn't a coward, but he was for the additional 40?

Even a 200 kill streak in any aspect of the game is insanely hard.
  16. LegioX

You get 570 kills while playing inf (and not sniping) without dieing I will pay for 2 years worth of membership.
  17. YoXn

Holy **** Ironfist, 570 ******* kills streak! How did your pilot avoid the air balls, and how the **** did you survive them? LMAO, GZ anyways man!
  18. ATRA_Wampa-One

Air is virtually non existent on Emerald outside of 1-2 people farming infantry or doing air duals.
  19. Shinrah

So much whine here. GJ on getting that streak. And to those who cry about the OP Liberator, if you can´t kill a Liberator you havn´t tried. The only reason Libs can hover above a base and spam is because the guys defending can´t be arsed to fire back. HA is the most played class in this game. Take your your friggin G2A Launchers and all air will be done or gone to look for something else to shoot at.
    I´m usually playing with only 2-3 guys, that´s enough to do all the AA needed, even for a big fight. However, there are plenty of fights where aircraft are basically hovering a couple meters above ground and the only one shooting them is a lonesome Infiltrator with his sidearm, because everyone else cba to do so.

So whenever you feel you´re being ground into dust by air, grab your 250certs G2A launcher on your 0 res HA or jump into an AA turrets or spawn a Skyguard or a Burstmax and fire away. Usually 1-2 people will see the merit of using their brains and will follow suit and thats enough to, at the very least, drive away libs and kill off ESF´s with ease.

Oh, and the people crying about the poor Lib pilot not getting the same amount of certs. You do realize that everyone at BR 90+ couldn´t care craps about certs(Pretty sure Iron & friends fall under that category). I literaly had to find stuff to put certs into before the max cert cap was raised above 10k.
    As for everyone who still needs certs, well play with a friend and switch back and forth between gunning and piloting if certs are THAT important to you. Least a lib pilot has his own gun, what about the poor poor Harrasser drivers ?
    • Up x 1
  20. Dreadnaut

As a pilot on all 3 factions on Emerald for the last 2 years...this statement false.

Frequently seen in the air: (Just a small sample)

VS: DARK, GOTR, AT
    TR: N, AOD, BWC
    NC: QRY, C15O, BAX

Heck, just recently BWC was running 8+ Mossies with Lock-Ons ganking everyone in a giant ball.