Would people care if all factions weapons were mirrored?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JimRussle, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Sifer2

You do know that if they make the guns the same people will just start whining about the abilities next right? It's the good old slippery slope. And the MBT's are a bad example since one of the 3 tanks is vastly out classed by the other two in both ability, and secondary weapons. But aside from that the tanks are the best example of meaningful faction differences.
  2. korpisoturi

EXACTLY. i have no broblem to get owned by player who do it by aiming/shooting better than me, but when i get clearly outgunned by MUCH more accurate gun with MUCH higher ROF with larger ammo clip what have capability to screw my alredy VERY slow and inaccurate fire completley

give all same stats but diffrent sounds/skins/ammunition+ attachments and we are set, ANYONE who wants to keep his/hers "uniqness" IS lame XXX TR who just dont want to LOSE they "edge" compared to NC/VS.
  3. phreec

It wouldn't work with VS's unique bullet (laser?) physics. Currently the NC and TR already have very similar weapons, but as sidegrades.

So you're saying keep it as it is because CS isn't mirrored. The AK requires one HS to kill while the M4 needs two.
  4. MNO

So your answer to having bad faction identity is to make it worse? GJ.
  5. multifactionserver

no, my answer to the countless WHINER threads about gun balance is to mirror the guns

simple solution, problem solved
  6. Isila

Faction identity is low enough as it is. Things are already too homogenous. If people really want to complain about infantry weapons (they're actually pretty well-balanced within their empire 'flavors'), a better way to handle it would be PS1-style backpacks and lockers.

One of my fondest memories of PS1 is when my outfit took a VS biolab, then piled into the CC and grabbed our lashers and power packs out of our lockers to give the VS a taste of their own medicine. With every dead cultist supplying us with more of those precious energy cells, we forced them to drain the base neutral from a force much smaller than their own. And then they *still* took a while to take it. Good times, brought to you by proper inventory systems.
  7. Garrix

I think they they should add one mirror style weapon for each faction, so that if you want to you can see how the enemy plays. They need to be proper mirrors though. I know NC gets a few weapons that basically are TR mirrors, but TR still has 33% more ammo per magazine and in total (which is a ******** mechanic, because it gives them a massive advantage in most infantry encounters.).
  8. medbot544

Yea meaningful differences in tanks...Prowler being the suckiest tank in PS2 but also it has a worthless ability too boot.

Everyone knows Prowler is crap but I guess devs don't care.

As to faction specific ablities...that was only a suggestion...they are not in and will probably wont be seen for a very long time. But guns are here and mirroring would most certainly cut down on the excessive QQ and the trolls who feed off it...

Personally I prefer balance over uniqueness any day of the week.
    • Up x 1
  9. multifactionserver

thanks for honesty there; I dont like mirroring but it is a simple solution for the whining problem
  10. Avs0000

Loss of faction identity? Don't make me laugh. Everyone who believes and wants a game to succeed believes in fair play. Fair play means balance. If the designers cant balance the game, then I rather have same weapons for everything. You'll still get your hover tanks, different skins, different sounds, and a whole lot of identity.

You really want TRUE identity? Stop pretending you're a kid and ask them to implement FACTION unique buildings so it feels like we're capturing or recapturing faction territory. Oh wait, this will never happen.
  11. MNO

The easiest solution is hardly if ever the best solution.

Problem wouldn't be solved it'd just be replaced with even more boredom.
  12. PEETREE

this^

Its fun trying to think of different ways to counter the TR and the NC. If you die, first try to figure out why you found yourself in the position to die. Then, FIX IT! :D

That is how we get better as FPS gamers!

I love that my CME rifle can tear you dirty blues and reds apart from a distance but I will get completely wrecked when going up against you guys in CQC.

I feel like a lot of the complains I'm always reading are about people not realizing the inherent strengths and weaknesses of their loadouts. There is no one loadout for every situation on the battlefield.
  13. AtomicGerman

That is by no means what i said at all. Nor what I implied. Please dont put words in my mouth. In the game i mentioned... every single weapon stat down to weapon damage was either exactly the same or just within a smidgeon of eachother that made them too similar.

I prefer each and every weapon to have different advantages and disadvantages according to the theme of each empire. And each class to sport some advantage against the others while suffering a disadvantage too. I freely admit to imbalance in PS2 But thats th ebb and flow of any game in recent memory. Balance in any game is impossibly hard to achieve with such complexity we see nowadays. you either risk making everything so alike theres no chance for the features to shine or so different that only the worst or most broken features show.
  14. f0d

mirroring the guns wont stop people whining - they will just find something else to whine about

one thing i like about ps2 (and ps1) is the different weapons each faction gets and the strengths and weaknesses of each faction
    if we all have the same weapons then we will all have the same strengths and weaknesses which i dont like