Would people care if all factions weapons were mirrored?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JimRussle, Dec 12, 2012.

1. IshanDeston

Then i'd stop playing.
    Wishful thinking on both accounts. Unreal tournament was faster, even though individual speeds didn't reach quite the "mph" of Tribes, the gameplay itself was a lot faster.

And most popular? Hardly. Everyone knows Counterstrike. Ask people what Tribes is and your changes for "Some RTS maybe?" is quite high.

Don't get me wrong Tribes has been an amazing game, and i could spend hours just skiing with my Pathfinder in Tribes Ascent. Or Skiing in general in the previous versions, but its not the most popular.

And if you are saying "the most popular FPS" it got to get into a Ring with the Original Wolfenstein, Doom and Halflife 1. Tribes doesn't even appear on the map in comparison to those.
  2. Goats

AH KILL IT KILL IT BURN IT WITH FIRE DIE DIE DIE ITS UNHOLY
  3. Tasogie

Tribes 1 an 2 (assend is not tribes) its COD with jetpacks.... Are like PS2, they were team games that did not req unlocks or exp or rewards, yet for years the servers were full.
  4. Endlos

That's the only way a game like this will ever be balanced. Individual weapons should have specific strengths and weaknesses, not entire teams. As soon as you give one faction the best fire rate, another faction the best bullet damage, and the laughably overpowered faction next-to-no recoil, you've created a situation in which the teams will never, ever be on equal footing.
  5. Liquid23

lol... ya sorry for some reason I keep getting the Vanu confused with the Viet Cong
  6. Nephera

they homogenized the weapons so much it wouldn't make much of a difference to me if they made them identical.

heck the sniper rifles are identical (well the ones you can obtain)
  7. Wibin

boooooring, no thanks.
    I'll go back to playing boring *** FPS"s then.
  8. NakedFury

nah just give them time to keep tweaking the stats. I fear this will always be a work in progress and we may never reach a time when they come out and say "ok community, we got weapons balanced" there always is a cry to tune up or down this or that weapon.
  9. Cygnus

I honestly wouldn't mind if they increased the differences more. It's not like the differences are OVERWHELMING currently.

For example, just compare the CARV's stats to the Orion. The Orion has *slightly* higher accuracy and no bullet drop in exchange for half the clip size. Damn, look at the superior alien technology!

I was thinking the devs should have done differences along the lines of the alien/human guns in the Halo universe. There are still rough analogs such as the plasma and assault rifles, but then there are things like the needler and shotgun that the other faction just doesn't have anything close to.
  10. JimRussle

Well the situation currently is pretty binding. On one hand increasing the differences would make each team distinct, but think of the outcry that would happen when something is perceived to be overpowered with such large differences in place.

Both teams having access to the same arsenal would actually make it so weapons could be much more distinct, but each team would lose individual distinction.
  11. Gambles

Most VS and TR will say don't do it!, because...well we all know why. A lot of NC will say do it!...because... well you know why lol... and that's all the more reason to have mirrored weapons if the company is incapable of providing balance and uniqueness among factions. Which they fail at miserably.
  12. Keelin

I'm guessing it would be absolutely balanced but not very interesting.
    I don't mind if the factions have different flavors of weapons as long as they are balanced.
    Right now, in my opinion, there is some work to be done in that area but that's a different topic.
  13. Jimmy DeSouza

Actually Gambles, if you look through this thread it is TR saying to do it by and large. NC and VS say dont, I can understand VS players not wanting it, but not the NC...

Keelin, it is impossible to balance weapons that are not identical, that is simple fact. So you will never get what you want.
    • Up x 1
  14. korpisoturi

EXACTLY..... but..trhere is ALLWAYS small vocal minority against this cos they would lose they "identity" wich is TOTAL BS, some players hardy even play the game but love to argue in forums about things they havent even tested and some just liek to have 1 empire OP and when nerf comes they just jump to next best thing and so on.
  15. korpisoturi

so in your mind game is better when its in inbalance ? what "fun" your find it in fire fight between same classes where one class can outperform other with more accurate weapons and superiour ROF/large ammo clips ?
  16. Jack the Smack

Tribes was dead as soon as they tried forcing esdf on players.
  17. Grotpar

I would like it if they released empire specific weaponry for each class, and variants on these weapons, like a lasher that doesn't have AoE, or one that has less direct damage and more aoe, or anti-vehicle, or a variant that can actually damage ESFs.
  18. Arcanum

Wouldn't mind that much considering how this game is already. But it's such a pointless thing to argue about.
  19. Argento81

All for it. Dev time would actually be focused on feature implementation instead of never ending balancing and catering to forum whines.
    • Up x 1
  20. hostilechild

I would be more for being able to pick up a gun dropped and use it until it ran out of ammo.

Would be fun, to be able to unlock other factions guns. I like NC guns but there are situations, certain bases where i would love a VS or TR gun. Therefor its not the faction that determines what gun you use but your play style/environment. I much prefer urban warfare, CQC but find right now i am much better at around 10-15m. My outfit chose NC so i am there and use the weapons given.