Would people care if all factions weapons were mirrored?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JimRussle, Dec 12, 2012.

1. multifactionserver

they need to mirror the guns already to stop all the whining, so finally there are no excuses after I gun you down
  2. multifactionserver

What faction identity? color of spandex? its a joke
  3. RAS

i play with several outfits on vs and nc its no coincidence that nearly every single person says the same thing about tr , and its also not coincidence that there have been multiple posts saying the same thing .

tr are op'd its as simple as that and its that that will be one of the things that ruin the game
  4. multifactionserver

exactly, they are pratically the same already; just drop the pretenses of differentiation and admin defeat

SoE clearly don't have a clue when it comes to balancing, so just mirror the guns already and shut this endless debate down
  5. TheEvilBlight

What faction identity?

You are not purple or teal. Fire at will.
  6. Jimmy DeSouza

There have been thousands of posts saying the VS and NC are op as well. Does that mean a damned thing? Of course not.

The figures are there, look them up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rue&sortcolid=16&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250
  7. Over00

I don't think this would of been the way to go. Different variations of weaponry do make this game exciting.

Fight VS in an open field and they will destroy you
    Fight NC or TR in an open field and its a whole different matter
  8. Pella

Give up already.

I could say exactly the same thing from my perspective.

Btw the 2 Weapons everyone was crying about.

T9 Carv LMG Has a terrible COF now.
    T1 Cycler Assault Rifle + Allot more recoil and sway.

Unlike many VS who are so used to magriders aim, They pick up a weapon they dont know how to use it correctly. No Balance involved.
  9. medbot544

Would not mind in the least with mirrored weapons: it would cut down on the crying and moaning by a large amount I bet.

Really don't think this faction specific weapon 'perks' is working at all. People will simply float around to whatever faction has the better guns and in this case it's now in the Vanu's favor.

If you want to differentiate the factions, then do it through faction specific abilities which I had THOUGHT was going to happen but apparently has not other than MBT ones (which are off balance but that is for another discussion...).

Mirrored guns also means it's way way easier to balance.
    • Up x 1
  10. maxkeiser

NO THEY DON'T.

Half the charm of the game is in the asymetric factions. Each has a weakness/strongpoint. We don't want this to be dumbed down.
  11. Jourmand1r

My bad they arent mirrored. There are .1 percent differences.
  12. Jimmy DeSouza

No, that will give rise to just as much imbalance.

The only way to differentiate the factions and retain balance is to keep all gameplay identical, but to give each faction different "flavours" (IE Announcer, music, hud, story backgrounds).
  13. Jimmy DeSouza

A Vanu I am fighting has the same point blank DPS as me, but with <2/3rds the COF, 1/2 the recoil, and since we are fighting at my max distance, he actually has 150% my pure dps.

So yes, that does equal 0.1% difference.
  14. Arcanum

Lack of bullet drop and damage reduction over range is a big deal. As well as the different vehicles, vehicle weapons and ammo capacity. Empire specific heavy assault weapons and MAX as well. Just off the top of my head.
  15. maxkeiser

This thread is just nonsense. There is no imbalance. On most servers the continents are split 3 ways.

People just need to stop whining and play. Pick a faction and stick to it - develop some loyalty ffs.

I hope to god the devs don't read this thread because we REALLY DO NOT WANT mirrored guns or similar equipment. The charm and amazing stuff in PS2 comes from the faction differences.

I'd be all for adding more faction specific vehicles as well. Make the game even more asymetric - not less so.
  16. multifactionserver

hey man I agree

but SoE is proving they cannot get it right and I dont want to put $$$ in a game where some forum whiners can effect the balance

just mirror them, admit defeat
  17. medbot544

As said, I think mirrored guns is the way to go: easier to balance and there will be no excuses left when someone guns you down.

Be nice for more faction specific abilities, that will be the way to differentiate the sides and make em unique. They already started with MBTs so why not more?
  18. Arcanum

I think they should either go all the way with the differences or keep it similar.

Right now at the same time some stuff is too alike some other stuff is too different. While often TR and NC versions of a weapon or vehicle are similar(one worse and one better) while VS is completely different. See the Mag-rider vs Prowler and Vanguard. Prowler and Vanguard are close to each other gameplay-wise, but they're distant from the Mag-rider. SAW and CARV vs Orion, for another more controversial but almost valid example.

But it's pointless, if they're going to do any big changes to the game it's not going to be this year, probably at the middle or end of 2013 if that.

edit: And of course some weapons are made to be alike at the same time we have huge differences in others, see most of the Sniper Rifles, and all the Rocket Launchers.
  19. korpisoturi

*feels*

that is whole point, people can roll here countless of calculations/spreadsheets but only way to now is to play with "weakest" and "strongest" weapons/empire and "feel" them in first hand insted of nit picking everything in forums .

give weapons same stats but other sknis etc. including attachments and even those puritans who act like game loses something profound would keep they traps shut, in fact it would be easy to add 1 gun to game what would be in common pool everyone can get it ,but give each empire diffrent attachments to keep ppl individual"
  20. TheGroggyOne

I think there should be a large 'common' pool of weapons. But there has to be faction specific weapons as well.