Would people care if all factions weapons were mirrored?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JimRussle, Dec 12, 2012.

1. korpisoturi

exactly,but many people dont give a flying xxxx as long as they have the most accurate/spammable weapons, when you have best weapons its easy to talk about uniqueness and individualism, but if everyweapons have same stats but sound/look TOTALLY DIRRENT those players have actually rely on skill, NOT the performance of gun.
    • Up x 1
  2. Gettodachoppa

@OP

Hell yeah!
    Cant wait to see all the Vanu-tears when their weapons got tuned to the level of our beloved NCs.
  3. hostilechild

Problem with the Jackhammer is you literally have to stick it in their mouth to hit them. (at least in beta, haven't used it since). The regular shotgun was better. It is strictly CQC, a MAX without the armor so you die fast to anyone smart.
  4. PrincessFrosty

It has worked in most competitive games since online gaming began, it's the only way to ensure really good balance.

A handful of multiplayer games have managed good balance with asymetric sides, but these games have been very well fine tuned by a team of experts over many years and currently SOE have not demonstrated this ability or even the potential for this ability to date, it's pretty hard to take the current balance issues serious, especially considering they're unwilling to even acknowledge they exist.

For a team with the lack of expertise as SOE currently has, mirroring the fights is the only hope we have of balance.
  5. hostilechild

Perfect pic of stupid CAMO design, actually thought it was NC not VS at first (giraffe just as bad). Could see on an infiltrator/spy to help blend in, annoying as hell in a fight with other infantry. All factions should retain, colors in different patterns.
  6. Keelin

Maybe not mathematically but you can definitely get it to the point where it all *feels* balanced.
    And while I'd rather not go into detail, it's obvious that it doesn't right now to a decent amount of people.
  7. Jourmand1r

They already are mirrored.
  8. TheCuqui

Red vs Blue? = no thanks
    Furthermore it is fun to play with the weakness and strengths or your/theirs equipment, which requires skill too.
  9. RAS

been saying it all along , with the ttk being as low as it its the only way to balance the 3 empires .

Tr won't agree tho they want their op'd weps to be exclusive
  10. Jimmy DeSouza

Every single person has a different idea of what "feels" balanced. So you could never get it to the point where it feels balanced, at least for more than 1 person.

You might want to try actually reading the thread and looking at the weapon stats.

Most of those agreeing in this thread are TR, most disagreeing are VS.

And VS weapons are superior to TR weapons in every way bar 0.06-0.08s slower refire (which makes no difference) and marginally smaller mags (which is balanced by TR reloading twice as slowly).

Hell even at range, where VS is supposed to be penalised, your falloff mechanics are bugged so you reach min damage 50m further out than any other faction.
    • Up x 1
  11. RAS

Anything past 50 meters and vs might aswell just stand there and let you kill them with the amount of damage the weps do , i don't expect you to admit tr weps are op'd why should you want to lose the upper hand in every foot encounter you have no matter what range , i play tr aswell and believe me the differance over vs / nc is huge , killing vs at ti alloys while LA at ranges vs HA weps would struggle to even damage at .

No coincidence why tr have the highest pop , its sure not because of the armour or the colour .
  12. Doov

Wrong application to Planetside. For example, they talk about cyclical imbalance: if weapon A is overpowered, but has a weakness to weapon B, then more people use weapon B. Then weapon C counters weapon B, so neither A nor B are OP, just part of a cycle of fun imbalance.

You can't do that in Planetside. The weapons cost too much. If this is the case, then to take part in the cyclical imbalance (and thus win) you need to pay.
  13. Jimmy DeSouza

VS weapons do MORE damage past 50m than any other faction. Stop pissing around and look up the stats.

We never have the upper hand at anything other than point blank. Look up what "Cone of Fire" is.

Are you really as stupid as your post makes you out to be?

As an aside, I only picked TR because NC has that GODAWFUL music and announcer and the VS wear **** suits. I dont really know, but I would assume a lot of other TR players chose TR for similar reasons.
    • Up x 2
  14. lsp1

No they should be, otherwise this is not a skill based game. Rather who join the best faction game like it is right now.
  15. korpisoturi

this. broblem is TR is just too versatile, TR have exellent accuracy combined with high ROF+ more ammo in all ranges and yet make huge damage.

mayby TR weapons just make too much damage .............i think i sniff more TR nerfs here;)
  16. FeiXue

Put opposing factions' infantry weapons on the market at (original cost+1500 SC) or cert equivalent. Make crap load of money at the expense of enduring slightly more P2W whinning. Surely you can make equipment terminals facilitate this in a patch or three. Could also do it with all vehicle secondaries.
  17. Jimmy DeSouza

It is people like you who will ruin the game in the end.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rue&sortcolid=16&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Actually look up how wrong you are.
  18. korpisoturi

19. Sifer2

The original Planetside had weapons that were more distinct than the one's in this game. It also had the perfect solution to keep people from crying about the differences. You could loot your enemies corpse an take their guns! Even store them for later use. Guess they had to cut that though to make way for the cash shop.:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  20. Arcanum

Not really.
    How can it be a skill based game with the numbers we're dealing with?