Will NC guns ever be good as TC guns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by waxpants, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Chinchy

Hey our workers love there Oppression! Its all we feed them they don't know any better!
  2. Lagavulin

NC infantry weapons are at least as good as TR's, overall.

Sure, I'd swap the Carnage for the TAR (even though I actually like the carnage), but when I play TR I'd swap any LMG or Max for NC's, for instance.
  3. MrK

ARG!
    You are BR100 FFS! :eek: And pretty good at handling high and low RoF....

http://ps2.dynet.com
    Select AR
    Order by "Recoil horizontal Min/Max"
    Notice how high dmg weapons have the least of it, along with Burst variants. Note that NC trait is that their base weapons are high damage weapons
    Select Carbines
    Same traits. Notice how of the top 10 least horizontal recoil, 5 weapons are NC.

You (deliberatly?) took GD-7F as example, a NC weapon which does in fact NOT have the NC trait (high alpha, low RoF) for whatever reason floats your boat.... guess what? yes, it has a poor horizontal recoil, LIKE ALL HIGH ROF GUNS! The 3 Carbines with 143 dmg and 800+ RoF are sooooo strangely at the bottom when ordering by Horizontal Recoil, magical??

Let's continue on Carbines to address this "all TR weapons have no horizontal recoil"
    Select TR Carbines, let's see the horizontal recoil traits :
    6 TR carbines
    1 has 0.175 H Rcoil
    all the others have 0.2 or more
    Select NC Carbines.
    1 has 0.15 H Recoil
    4 are under 0.2
    Only one is above 0.2. Bingo, the one you took has an example, GD-7F.

Can you do some other test, NOT with the GD-7F?

Another point explaining poor linearity in a non controlled full auto test : Angle min/max. Weapons with angle min != angle max are going to be random in the recoil pattern.
  4. hansgrosse

Got a toon for every faction, and I can honestly say that NC guns are my favorites.

As always, it's a matter of personal preference and what stat sets click with you.
  5. Regpuppy

pfft

Just more propaganda coming from an oppressive totalitarian regime. Tell me, do you enjoy the government controlling every part of your life? Do you even get to pick your own leaders or do you all just answer to some corrupt generals who decided to seek power once we were cut off from Earth? I for one choose to fight for freedom. Because I didn't choose any of your leaders and I sure as hell didn't agree to any of those rules and restrictions.
  6. lilleAllan

I've played all factions extensively and IMO NC are not underpowered.
    Glorious Gauss Rifle, SAW, Cyclone/Blitz, EM6, GR-22. Carnage BR, Razor etc, NC has plenty of great guns

The problem is, that NC doesn't have proper access to cheap CQC weapoms.

Meaning that NC infantry zergs are weaker since NC noobs will be running mercenary / SAW, which are 1. hard to use for noobs, 2. not that great at CQC, point capping etc.
  7. HerpTheDerp

I don't know whether you're saying that horizontal recoil affects hipife, or that NC weapons have worse hipfire stats than TR ones.

But either way it's silly how wrong you are.
  8. Mxiter

ACX-11 stand ADS cof: 0 Attachements: HVA+Adv foregrip+compensator.
    LC2 lynx stand ADS cof: 0.1 Attachements: SPA+Adv laser sight.

Do you understand how infantry weapons works or you're too idiot and faction biased to have real arguments?
  9. MrK

Yeah, let's compare how a long range, low rof NC weapon dedicated to long range ADS fighting fares vs a high RoF, CQC hipfire TR gun, and whine. That's such a totally logical comparison to make!!!
  10. TeknoBug

Same, I do best with NC weapons.
    You got that backwards- NC has the least amount of deviation but significantly more recoil over the other factions, TR are the least accurate. And you mentioned two entirely different types of guns... sheesh.
  11. MrK

@FL-Project :
    1) Yes, AC-X11 is the long ranged Carbine. Doesn't mean it's the best long range WEAPON in the game, it's still the long range Carbine of NC.
    2) No, NC isn't specialized in CQC, quite the opposite, apart from the Shotgun theme. NC trait is high alpha damage / low RoF. And the way weapons are designed in PS2, high Alpha / Low RoF weapons are the most precise and the best at long range, while being slightly below the competition in CQC due to various factors like raw DPS or clip size. So if you want to take the extremes of NC trait weapons, you'll have the best long range in each class. In the opposite, if you take the extremes of TR weapons, you'll have the best CQC Dakka dakka spraying machines. And they keep their edge only via clip size.
    So by comparing both extremes, and how they fair in HIP FIRE (ie, CQC setting), of course, you'll see the extremely "NC" weapon lagging behind. Now compare how your hipfire spray god handles in distance controlled burst environment, with the AC-X11, and the cards are completely inverted. Does that mean the Lynx is UP? Absolutely not.

If you're looking for a CQC carbine, don't take the AC-X11. Nor DMR. Simple.

EDIT : I don't go by text description of what I used, because my equipment behavior is not dictated by these words, but parameters.
    When I look at weapons parameters, I see a pattern emerging in how SOE devs have built their stuff : High Alpha / Low RoF receive clunky recoil, but that can still be countered, and have better precision and ranged combat parameters. They also get lower in raw DPS.
    Low Alpha / High RoF have smoother recoil, higher raw DPS, but more random, uncounterable ADS CoF and hirozontal recoil, as well as higher first shto recoil multiplier making them less easy to burst with.
    That's a THEME you see in every parameter in the game. It's far more telling to me than a description written during Tech Test more than one year ago and never updated since.
    And seeing these parameters, I conclude : NC have better ranged weapons, + shotguns "gifts" on their MAX and Jackhammer.
  12. mina5

"Here we go again . another whine thread . NC MAX AV weapons are fine , nothing wrong whit them . reaver is a bit hard at start , but when you get used to it ... its awesome . and HELL NO , no sane person would want perfect balance to the game ... factions must feel unique from each other , not as clones whit different colors and that is what this thread trys to do .
  13. TeknoBug

Again you got it backwards, NC is more long range but has a shotgun for special weapon, the reticle on high damage NC guns are absolutely horrible for close range combat but are most accurate at long range (hence why people single fire the SAW, and why I like the Reaper DMR since there's little to no horizontal recoil to fight).
  14. Kyouki

That is assuming all the Carv's bullets hit. Which they won't at the range the Gauss Saw should be used.
  15. Mxiter

If you think than 40-80m it's still medium range, then OK, it's a medium range gun.
    I'm just bored to see on every you post:
    -"TR/VS XXX is OP nurf please"
    -"NC is garbage everywhere double accuracy, power and ROF please"
    (overexaggerating of course).

If you dislike every stuff of NC, just switch to TR or VS.

I play TR (main) and NC (alt), and have better overall stats on my NC alts and the same accuracy.
  16. Kaktwox

By "nice and neat" you mean it jumps side to side in an unpredictable pattern, right?
  17. MykeMichail

In comparison to NC weapons, its nice and neat. There's always going to be slight left/right deviation.
  18. Aegie

If you have equal accuracy with different weapons then you should prefer the weapons with greater DPS.
  19. MrK

You're talking about GD-7F, this one has horrible horizontal jitter because it's the NC Carbine with TR traits ....
  20. Mxiter

I have a different gameplay: i'm using every NC weapons as well at close range that at mid-long range while i just use TMG and SABR-13 over 50-60m in my TR and try an undercover approch with others high ROF/DPS weapon to use my weapons strength.