Will NC guns ever be good as TC guns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by waxpants, Sep 3, 2013.

1. hostilechild

I have auraxium on the Gauss Saw and it is total crap inside 50m. But 50m to render distance it owns. Killed many a sniper with it and foot zergs are just free certs. Inside 50m the burst to be accurate will get you killed unless your opponent just totally sucks.

NC cof bloom is just too high on hard hitting weapons, you have to burst to control it which lowers your dps. At 20-50m this is a big disadvantage. NC hard hitting weapons also don't do well if you try to "dance" adadada or circle strafe targets. The hard hitting weapons also suffer big at hipfire and must ADS giving up .1-.3 ms of fire time so suck in close. But in the right conditions they are godly. Use wisely.

The thing i like best about NC: we have weapons for pretty much any situation (typically 1 situation). The downside is your weapon is going to suck in the other 2. So you find yourself switching weapons a lot. Pick wisely and you own, poorly and you respawn a lot. Since 60% of fighting is close and 35% is med and 5% is long range that i do, i much prefer a balance short/med weapon like EM6. All other support classes i use SMG as it is almost 100% short range fighting. Medic/engi/LA/infil. I will switch to gauss saw, jackhammer depending on objectives or another class. Variety is the spice of life, makes the game much more interesting.

Bottom line is simple, use a weapon to its strengths. I have found No weapon on any faction that is good in all situations. All classes have to switch primary guns to be effective in a given situation. Some are just more well rounded.

Pick your weapon and try to fight on your terms then they are all godly.
    • Up x 4
  2. Lamat

Your right, nerf the mossy to fit the lore. :p

The reaver should fly like it was built by Ferrari. The mossy should fly like a chinese knock off.
  3. phreec

You did not just call my babies garbage.

4. SLiCKRiCK

Yes, give NC a redeemer to offset the mad TC Skillz!

5. Lord_Avatar

The Reaver should fly like it was a non-combat aircraft hastily fitted with guns (and so it does). :D The Mossy, on the other hand, performs like a military class vehicle, which it is. :cool:

NC - toy soldiers and labor union wannabes... :p
  6. Lamat

How long has this war been going on now? I don't think any of the initial events would be relevant. Every soldier is a professional soldier with centuries of battle experience, TR wouldn't have the advantages it had at the beginning of the conflict.

Also many people seem to mix up the lore from the first game with this one, which is a reload not a sequel.
  7. Vixxing

Did you read? Close up DAKKA of a NC SCATMAX but speed of a ZoE? Its the combination thats OP because within 50M it TEARS armor apart...
  8. Lord_Avatar

Slightly exaggerated there... Still, I don't feel like arguing over it. I'll just go play the game. ;)
  9. Lord_Avatar

Well, it shouldn't have any of the disadvantages either. Truth be told - all sides should be more or less uniform. Still - a valid point concerning lore. Besides, I was just pulling your tongue there. ;)
  10. Axehilt

They're not even expert-friendly, really. You don't get more DPS out of a higher caliber weapon in PS2, you just get the disadvantage of needing to carefully burst-fire. With an Orion or CARV I actually get more DPS than the SAW, and it's more consistently accurate DPS. With a SAW I need to intentionally slow my own DPS to reliably land shots.
  11. MrK

You get the advantage of efficiency at range, where high DPS weapons have to deal with random horizontal recoil and high base CoF that cannot be countered (ie, they count on statistics to hit, not their skill), and low Alpha which is a killer when you are in burst ranges.
  12. Lamat

Centuries later... communism still sucks. :p
  13. Lord_Avatar

Yet somehow it's not the Reds crying they are underpowered... :p
  14. Aegie

Well, both the Carv and Orion have higher theoretical DPS than the SAW in the first place- so, yeah, makes sense you get more DPS out of those than the SAW.
  15. Lamat

Are you sure?

Every faction has complainers, Bad players, TKers, Derps. These forums are overflowing with threads from all of these.
    • Up x 1
  16. Brusilov

I wasn't aware this tread would deliver..
    • Up x 1
  17. Lord_Avatar

True, true. I'm just enjoying our propaganda exploits here. :D
  18. Furluge

It's an umbrella corporation that hired a bunch of mercs to escape regulations like safety standards, minimum wages, and safe working conditions.

NC: Fight for Us, our sweatshops need the children of Auraxis!
  19. Kaktwox

Must be nice being able to compensate for recoil on the NC weapons, unlike TR who can not do the same with both their horizontal and vertical recoils.
  20. MykeMichail

Actually TR and VS horizontal recoil per shot is minimal and easily controlled. Both the min and max horizontal recoil is lower meaning a much easier and steadier 'pull down and to the left/right' recoil compensation.

To see this effect in action, take something like a GD-7F, aim at a wall and empty a magazine without compensating for recoil. You get a jagged diagonal line. Then take almost any TR weapon and do the same thing. The line is nice and neat.

To express it mathematically, I'd say that TR/VS weapons have a much lower total sum of squares when drawing line of best fit through their recoil pattern.
    • Up x 1