~ Why the Spiker is Garbage Explained in 90 Seconds ~

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by belthazor3457, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DatVanuMan

1. I like it. Stop making fun of it. I really dislike how Parallax users think they're better than Phaseshift users.
    2. I used to have a Parallax long before the Phaseshift came out. I liked it, it was FAR better than the XM98. When the Phaseshift came out, though... The awesomeness was real. AND THAT'S WHAT I BELIEVE.
    3. Never have to reload.
    4. Semi-auto, or bolt-action. Versatile.
    5. Doesn't look like EVERY SINGLE OTHER VS SNIPER RIFLE available to you.
    6. It's unique; i.e. It isn't based off other faction sniper rifles. Example: Parallax, Longshot, and the RAMS.
    7. If you think these ideas are as good as your grammar, then you may quit making fun of me>:/
  2. sindz

Datvanuman - thing is, there is a big difference from subjective and objective opinion. The fact that you like the gun is fine and everything, but that does not change the actual fact that the gun is plain and simply bad - or worse than what other choices you have. And the reasons for this has been stated several times, but the main issues are, lack is scope sight, counter snipe target Nr. 1, clunky charge mechanic, too slow bullet velocity, dmg drop off is too high etc.

So again, please don't defend a gun just because you "like it", when its infact an inferior gun due to reasons stated above and we actual use these forums to tell devs what the
    Community think is wrong with the gun and hopefully will get a balance pass on it eventually.
  3. Pickles112358

No GOOD PLAYER thinks Phaseshift is better than Parallax.

There, i fixed it just for you. Anyoneone claming phaseshift is good is either a troll or a moron. Only a link to your character could prove otherwise. If you don't link your character it's obvious that even you know you are bad.
  4. DatVanuMan

Alright then, biach. HERE YOU GO: DarthTobusco
    I play only on weekends, holidays, and vacations. I used to have a VERY old account with the Parallax, but my brother deleted it. I have made two new ones, with the first being destroyed because my old laptop broke down. This is my new main character. Enjoy, you arrogant piece of crap.
  5. Pickles112358

Well, hats off, you gave your acc name. I expected you to have worst performance with ps tbh but it's still far from what you can get with other bolt actions. Btw, just saw a link to this video in infiltrator forums you might wanna check it out:

He doesn't bash at ps at all and is being really honest about it.
  6. DatVanuMan

Good 'ole DarkElf:). I saw the video a few hours before I bought the Phaseshift. Still, what is it you were trying to do?
  7. belthazor3457

I was incredibly sleep deprived and I read your post as "Our faction trait is community trolls"
    • Up x 1
  8. DramaticExit

What I really don't get is why I never see any VS with the Manticore, which is a direct clone of the mag shot, which is a damned good pistol.
  9. sindz

Because commis or underboss are way way better so they are kinda pointless. Paying 500 certs for something a faction gets for free while having lower velocity isnt exactly a good plan either.
  10. belthazor3457

My VS owns and uses a manticore, but, I purchased it before any new pistols were introduced into the game. One has to question the not-free manticore vs the neutral faction, all-characters-on-your-account benefit of a NS sidearm.
  11. DatVanuMan

That pistol is the ONLY good VS pistol there is. I actually consider it to be competitive in relationship to the 44. Thing is, I want a pistol that ISN'T copied off other factions. *Looks at Manti, Cerber, and Spiker*
    Doesn't look like it might happen any time soon:(
  12. DramaticExit

Fair point on the first one, but that also holds true for (almost) every pistol in the game.

As for paying 500 certs for something another faction gets for free, one could point out the differences in starting equipment across the board, and the cert costs for approximate equivalents for the other factions' starting gear.

Furthermore, given most of a pistol's use is in close quarters (lets face it, you don't often see anyone firing them at targets more than 20m away), the velocity difference is pretty insignificant.

Yep. The NS secondary weapons are exceedingly popular for good reason, among all three factions. The reason for that is that both the revolvers are good. No faction is immune to that fact, and the only faction I regularly see experienced players using their "own" pistol, is the TR with the repeater.

Call me crazy, but I actually quite like the beamer. :eek:
  13. DatVanuMan

YOU LIE! The Beamer has already brainwashed you! OH, COME BACK! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You were a great one, son. One of the best, if not the best:(
  14. DramaticExit

I play drums, therefore I can click pretty fast.
    I'm touched... Inappropriately, but touched all the same.
    • Up x 1
  15. DatVanuMan

XD Glad you feel that way...
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. belthazor3457

SSBU - Secret Society of Beamer Users
  17. sindz

Now that Wrel made a video how bad the spiker is, maybe it will get a balance pass. Soon*

* 6-12 months.
  18. Shadowomega

Funny thing is Wrel hit on every point I made when this weapon was still on the PTS.

It was darn near a perfect fit for what we asked for 2 weeks before its release. Then they added a delay between bursts to make the charge up shot look appealing. But in that prior build I stated to make charge up useful change it from charge up burst shot to charge up single hard hitting shot with underboss damage values, and put Charge up on an alt fire mode to avoid input lag issues, or over sampling issues. These warning were ignored.
  19. Yeahy

20. belthazor3457

"Soon", TM

Meanwhile, we can all work on our underwater basket-weaving, or something.

Care to share an ice age or two? I would most appreciate a good ice cube in my vodka.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.