~ Why the Spiker is Garbage Explained in 90 Seconds ~

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by belthazor3457, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vixxing

How far AHEAD do you need to aim with Phaseshift on 300 m due to slow bullet speed + loadup? And even if you hit its still not a OHK... with Parallax you need to face ALOT less drop than you have to aim ahead on everything that moves with Phaseshift

5 Ohk shots up to 300 m in 5 seconds is alot better than 3 non-OHK ones in 5 seconds...
  2. Foxirus

Sounds to me like you're trying to blame your lack of skill on the sniper rifle. Is it the phaseshifts fault you can't make headshots and have to take double or even triple shots to down a target? Nope. Personal problem.

As for your other reply to my post? It does decent damage to anything not heavily armored. Even there it still does enough damage to cause a tank pilot to panic under a lot of situations. Oh well, Enjoy your burst pistol that sucks at everything versus a pistol that could have had some potential use. You deserve it.

Which reminds me, Have YOU auraxiumed a phaseshift? I doubt it. I have and know how to use the weapon just fine.
  3. Foxirus

Oh I am sorry, You must be one of the snipers who never shoots outside their comfort zone. Anything beyond 100m would be too much of a challenge. If you did fire at ANYTHING beyond that range for a headshot, You would know that the Parallax DOES have bullet drop and it DOES need to be accounted for. I doubt you have even 100 kills with the sniper if you are trying to say the Parallax doesn't have bullet drop.
  4. Ztiller

Nice personal attacks there, buddy. Then i'm going to make the, thus far confirmed, assumption that you have 124 kills with the Phaseshift and have no idea what you're talking about. It doesn't matter if you start screaming in disbelief, facts are facts and my parallax have about 3500 kills. I know the Parallax have bullet drop. I also know that the drop is so small that it's irrelevant and don't need compensaation within 200-300m.

The fact that you have to resort to personal attacks quite clearly proves that any sort of mature discussion with you is pointless. You think you know the Phaseshift because you have 120 kills with it. I probably have more kills with the Claymore, as a VS.
  5. NinjaTurtle

Pistols are used as a weapon to finish someone off, they are pulled out in the heat of a fight. There is no time to casually charge a burst, if you try you will die unless the opposing player is terrible and if they were that bad they would already be dead from your primary

The burst is illogical based upon the scenarios and context within which a pistol is used 99% of the time

The only people this pistol works for are Stalkers
    • Up x 1
  6. Foxirus

And again, You fail to see that my primary account has nothing to do with the forums. What you are looking at is a long left behind alt. Tell you what though, Ill provide you a picture.

[IMG]

Guess that would make your argument worthless. The Phaseshift is only worthless to incompetent snipers, Those who never take shots BEYOND their comfort zones. Way to think highly of yourself thinking I would take time to personally attack you. Sounds like someone is getting bent.

This shall be the last reply I do for you, As I am not trying to get off topic. I believe the Spiker is complete crap and needs to be fixed. This post is still on topic.
  7. Pickles112358

Guys...It is so obvious this guy is trolling. No one thinks Phaseshift is better than Parallax. Seriously, no one. And for people who think this guy is serious pay attention to ammunition belt, rangefinder (on phaseshift i remind you) and generally unmaxed mines/spotter. He probably doesn't play infiltrator at all, just came here to troll.
  8. Vixxing

Not to mention no serious long range sniper would be caught dead without a trusty Commissionar! (so you can C&C if you get bored!)
  9. Vixxing

I bought the Phaseshift tried it 2 hours and will never touch it again... sure i can get kills with it on stationary targets... but in a sniperduel i would be as handicapped with it i might as well use a Lancer... decloak charge... by then any decent sniper already would have killed me with a BA sniper rifle... i also got railjack while not as good as the other BA rifles it IS very good at countersniping long ranges with its low drop AND high speed...

Good thing i dont agree with you because then we would both be wrong....
  10. Foxirus

The sad thing is you people think I am really trolling. No. I am quite serious. I primary the Phaseshift. The ammunition belt was on because I had been in an earlier fight with the V10. When I use my Phaseshift however, I run maxed flak. You have no idea how many lolpodders and stray AI mines it has saved me from.

Yes, I think the Phaseshift is better than the Parallax and use it just fine versus other snipers. No, I am not trolling. I am quite serious here.

I also primary the Cerberus and I am working on auraxium for it as well. It does 250 damage and has 10 shots. I can get kills much easier in panic situations that require me to pull my secondary versus a 6 shot revolver. I would have loved to use the Spiker, But holy **** that gun is trash.
    • Up x 1
  11. Foxirus

God I wish they would fix the 64bit client. I would love to post a video showing how I use the Phaseshift 250+ meters out. In my fights I am normally the only VS within 1000m. There is no time to miss a headshot or waste time with body shots. The only thing you are doing here is saying how you can't use the phaseshift. That is just your lack in skill, Not the weapon itself.

Tell me something.. When you charge a phaseshift, How long do you have to charge the weapon before the shot becomes powerful enough to kill in one shot on the head?

If you don't know the answer to this, You do not know enough about our charge weapons to be knocking them. Be it the spiker or anything else.
  12. Vixxing

Who cares? The Parallax is instant fire... and Phaseshift only OHK up to 200m so good luck with 250+
    BUT id love to see you make headshots on moving targets on 250+ m with Phaseshift....
  13. Lucidius134

Our faction trait is crummy pistols

DUH
  14. DatVanuMan

First of all, you suck.
    Second of all, stop being a jerk.
    Third of all, Phaseshift brethren for life. Go away.
  15. DatVanuMan

I think the Phaseshift is better the the Parallax. So your statement is void.
  16. DatVanuMan

HEHE. I wonder what the devs will give us next! It may be a pistol that instantly blows the user up, and any enemies caught in the radius are stripped of their certs!
  17. DatVanuMan

Indeed. Velocity MAY be slower, but it is far easier to hit still targets because there is no need to compensate for bullet drop.
  18. Vixxing

So you are basically saying you only hit static/afk targets? Well you can kill those to faster with Parallax...

Parallax is stronger, faster, better.... and if you dont realize that... well... your loss
  19. DatVanuMan

Phaseshift is more advanced, more skillful, more UNIQUE... And if you don't like that... Well, too bad;)
  20. SanPelicano

[IMG]

Nice joke, mate...Could we see you charctersite pls?

I have auraxiumed Parallax also without any noobplants.... Then I have bought a Phaseshift. It is not a garbage, but it is far from a good gun....

First of all, you have to be uncloacked too long. If there is a decent enemy sniper in the area, and he knows where you are, you are dead... With Parallax I can uncloak-shot-cloack-moving away under a second, but with Phaseshift I cant do the same, it takes at least 1.5 seconds ... it is lot!!!!
    You can be easily countersnipered!

Secondly, You also cant quick scopeing with phaseshift, which is a reliable CC panic feature...
    My parallax saved my life lot of times by quick scoping...

Thirdly, Long range compensating on Parallax
    I should start with a question:

Have you ever played with Parallax? I think you havent.

As I know you dont have to compensate Parallax ( with X10scope) under 200 m. So tecnically no drop OHK at the max 230m of PShift is meaningless...( At 300 meter you have to compensate 1 unit in your scope.)
    Anyway, after your 700. Parallax HS kill you will be able to compensate the bullet drop by your skill, instantly without any rangefinder noobplants.

Fourthly, Bulletspeed / Time
    As I mentioned, I am uncloacked for a second with Parallax. As a decent/mobile sniper I am always moving, never stop between two shots.
    If you wanted me shoot down, you should calculate with:
    The Charging time on PShift is 1 second+bulletravel time+ you aming time+ your uncloacking etc...

This means you never ever could shoot me down, and I would remain a potentional danger for you.

With Parallax you can effectively fight against your biggest threat on the battlefield (snipers) or farm when there are good/mobile snipers in the area.

Fiftly, It has a sluggish recoil in semiauto mode. It makes nearly useless in medium range....

Sixthly, It has a bad feature. It teaches you to be static and aim when you are uncloacked..... If you want to be competitive you have to forget the phaseshift....

Prove it. I would like to see a PShift montage. There are a lot of TRAP and Railjack montage, interestingly I havent seen any Pshift montage, but reviews...
    Just pls dont show me how effetively you can kill static players... I can do the same with my knife.

Yes it is. But this doesnt mean it is better than Parallax. IMO, fun to play with it, because it is a hardcore SR. When Im using it, I always have a chance to get killed instantly.... So it is.... fun. o_O

ugh... These ideas are only as good as my english grammar :)

ON:
    I dont understand why devs gave Spiker name to this weapon. It is not DA SPIKER from PS1. IN reality it is totally POS....
    Fortunatelly, I always look at the bright side of life. We got the first 6 rounds burst pistol.... Nice pistol, but My commi is far better.... I will never buy it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.