~ Why the Spiker is Garbage Explained in 90 Seconds ~

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by belthazor3457, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squarebug

one shots valkyrie
    • Up x 1
  2. Ronin Oni

Parralax is unequivocally better at range >150m, and ghost for <150m

The only niche it has is no need for ammo....

but 90% of the snipers I've seen could get by with ammo bandoleer.

How can I say that?

Simple. Phaseshift gets 2 shots before reload, OR you pace your shots out long enough to do a near complete reload. Parralax gets 5 before a reload. Super Cooled Coil (pull-bolt) removed the 1 advantage Phaseshift had.

Semi auto shots are pointless. To fire after firing a charged shot you either need to wait near as long to fire 2 (which you need to finish the job at most ranges) or it will overheat.

Overheat overheat overheat.

And then people wonder why some of us are hesitant to the idea all VS weapons get HEAT mechanic.

It's functional, sure... it's simply inferior.

All the heat mechanics aside, it's biggest drawback is the need to predict needing a shot a second in advance with only a half second window to fire.

I mean seriously? And NC think leading a half second delay on the RailJack is bad....

pffft, our weak uncharged shots from our charge up weapons have a .5 second delay on top of being worse than most projectile shots.
  3. Foxirus

...Really? Because the beamer outclasses the spiker 2 fold. It has a faster fire rate, More accuracy and only suffers a drawback of ONE SHOT. The explosive damage would have DAMAGED VEHICLES. VEHICLES. Need I spell it out for you how useful that would have been!?

You have to be joking. You are simply acting as if you are ignorant. Good joke!
  4. Foxirus

I have auraxiumed the phaseshift. The primary benefit to the phaseshift is that it is still a SNIPER that can OHKO within 230m and not be affected by bullet drop. Its a great weapon. You just don't know how to use it effectively.

If you have not noticed, All our snipers that can kill in ONE HEADSHOT, Have been nerfed with bullet drop MINUS THE PHASESHIFT.
  5. Bassett

bamp
    also why are you talking about snipers? silly forumside
  6. LIKE A BOSS!

If you honestly think they would allow that pistol to do decent damage to vehicles than you're an idiot.
  7. DatVanuMan

1. MUCH faster reload than the Parallax, and there is no need to rechamber.
    2. A semi-auto shot from the Phaseshift deals 400 damage. It has a headshot multiplier of two, meaning that you don't need to charge it to two-OHK someone at max range.
    3. Missed a shot? Oh well, wait a few milliseconds and your heat bar is empty. Unlike the Parallax, the Phaseshift has theoretically NO penalty for missing a shot.
  8. Ronin Oni

Semi auto does 400 damage UNDER 8m.

Charged shot takes 1 second to charge, and leaves you with a half second window to fire. YAY!

Reload difference is a whopping 1.5 seconds. Really, only reload Phaseshift ever does is long reload, since you're just as well waiting on cooldown as reloading short reload. Comparing Phaseshift long reload to Parralax short (so figure 4 round magazine to leave 1 in chamber for quick reload) is 4 secodns to 4.7 seconds... OOOO big deal!

Parralax rechamber time is MUCH faster than Phaseshift time to cool down enough to fire second shot without overheating (requiring long reload)

Phaseshift has 550ms velocity compared to 650 on Paralax. Extra speed of Parralax easily outweighs benefit of no drop which skill can easily account for, and that's not taking into account again the delay before you can even shoot the Phaseshift.

Both have min damage of 400 damage (considering full charged shot) but Parralax doesn't hit min damage until 400m (beyond infantry render range) and always guaranteed a OHK to the dome, has higher max (starting damage) with MUCH slower (half the rate) damage dropoff.

So with the Parralax I can fire 4 shots faster than a Phaseshift can, for more damage, with more velocity, and more letahlity out to longer ranges.

So please, tell me again how the phase**** is better?
  9. DatVanuMan

I do not have to worry about EVER reloading.
    Instead of wasting time on accounting for bullet drop, I simply have to aim for the head.
    It takes 0.5 seconds to charge the Phaseshift, and that window to fire is nonexistent, since firing with the Shift is amazing.
    Missed a shot with Phaseshift? DO NOT WORRY, JUST SEMI-AUTO. I'm not talking about two charged shots, I'm talking about semi-auto capability at range.
    I have more versatility with a Phaseshift. If it had access to lower-magnification scopes, it would be even better.
    If I could improve the Phaseshift in any way, it would be:
    -1. To add another charge tier to the Phaseshift that has 675 velocity and 600 damage. It takes two seconds to reach this stage, and it always overheats the gun, BUT the reload is always short.
    -2. Increase headshot multiplier bonus to 2.45; it will be able to deal more damage upon scoring a headshot without being able to semi-auto OHK an infiltrator.
    -3. Decrease the cool down timer significantly.
    One of these would seriously be able to improve this gun. Plus, I believe that it is better than the Crapallax, so please, don't go around calling guns that are actually good bad names, because it's just pretty stupid and does nothing to prove your point;)
  10. LIKE A BOSS!

Keep believing the gun is good. If you perform better with your phasesh1t than a Bolt action sniper at range than thats a l2p problem. Literally every sniper is outperforming it but keep fanboying. This crap is what keeps thing ****.
    • Up x 1
  11. Ronin Oni

WTF ever, I don't even care. Keep using your garbage. Doesn't affect me none.

No wonder you're so pro HEAT mechanic though... THAT'S what bothers me.
  12. DatVanuMan

That made absolutely no sense. I do not believe the gun is good, I KNOW THE GUN IS GOOD, because I am GOOD while using it. It is YOUR problem if you hate it, because if you hate it so much, that only means that:
    1. You suck SO badly with it:D
    Or 2. You've never used the gun and still think it sucks.
    So yeah, I'm not the L2P one, that is YOU who suffers from that issue;)
  13. Foxirus

Any damage to vehicles is better than no damage at all. Take the damage from the explosive bolts for example. While it does not deal much damage to heavily armored vehicles, It DOES allow you to cause the damage ring to flare up and makes a great distraction. I have personally used the bolts to distract tanks while a nearby heavy used the distraction to plant C4 and kill the tanks. If you feel this would not be useful, You have much ignorance. We must also not forget that explosive damage could have been great for clearing out corners that may have deployables like proxy mines or spawn beacons.

I can go on for days about how useful that weapon would have been with an explosive charge shot. Seeing as you can't see this from the start simply shows me I am wasting my time even telling you this. You are just another person who can't see a weapon outside of TTK numbers. People like you are why this games faction diversity is slowly dying. Thanks.

Hope you enjoy that crappy burst pistol, You deserve it.
  14. Bassett

15. Ztiller

According to the PLayerstats of Foxirus, you have 125 kills with the Phaseshift.

The Phaseshift is junk. Yes, it can OHK within 200m and it lacks bullet drop. The problem is that the Parallax and V10 can OHK up to 300m and their velocity is so high that they don't need to compensate for drop regardless, so the no-drop benefit is rendered useless by the low range. Also, the Parallax and V10 don't need to reload every 2 shots.
  16. Foxirus

My primary account is not associated with the forums. In other words; I use a different name than I do on the forums with my ingame character. But if you really want me to prove it, I can show you an ingame screenshot with me in whatever camo set up you want with whatever grenades. I currently have an Esamir camo, A desert camo, and an amerish camo. I use the Harbringer helmet. Ill wear any items and any secondary you want to show that the picture is not just one I yanked from the random internet and show you my auraxiumed Phaseshift.

As for those two snipers who you say have such a high velocity they don't need to account for bullet drop? Bull ****, I have used those snipers to kill at 300m and they DO require you to aim about 2 and half ticks up for the shot to hit the head accounting for bullet drop. I know my snipers thanks.
  17. Ztiller

Thank you, i know my snipers aswell. I happen to have about 10 000 sniper kills, give or take a few thousand. And no, there is no need to compensate for drop with the Parallax.
  18. Vixxing

Well i have auraxiumed Parallax (got like 12 k kills with it) and if you wherent stupid enough to auraxium phaseshift you would have too...
  19. Vixxing

Then again... Parallax got 5 OHK shots in a row with 1.25 seconds spacing,,, AND wont outright miss walking targets on 200m+ (if you dont lead them ALOT) Its ALOT easier to calculate drop than to lead shots with slow projectiles...
  20. Vixxing

Dude if u want a gun that does ****** damage to vehicles there is one! its called X-bow... (and ALOT better than Spiker)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.