~ Why the Spiker is Garbage Explained in 90 Seconds ~

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by belthazor3457, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belthazor3457

A 90 Second Review of the Spiker, the recently-released Vanu Pistol.

Normally, when a beamer outclasses a weapon, it means the weapon is bad.

The weapon would be significantly upgraded if A) The accuracy stats that it actually needs and uses were not nerfed horribly and instead the accuracy reduction was reassigned to, say, hip fire stats. OR B) Weapon-chargeup were usable while sprinting or cloaking.

...oh, and I lied in the video - it's not necessarily going to be okay to go outside. You'll probably be hacked up by a serial killer at a bus stop or hit by a car or something. C'est la vie.
    • Up x 31
  2. sindz

Ill keep bumping this thread til the end of times.

Sums everything up perfectly - spiker is garbage.

Edit: Subscribed, I like these vidoes.
    • Up x 1
  3. Matt879

Oh I just love these videos. Make em for more weapons, but make sure that whatever you say is true, otherwise it's not quite as funny.
  4. AirpainFood

Pros - It looks cool

Cons - Everything else.
    • Up x 20
  5. Niamar

When I found out the spiker was going to be a charge weapon I didn't even bother to test it, and if it was 1 sc I wouldn't buy it.

I would pay 1 sc to give the phase**** back.
    • Up x 2
  6. DatVanuMan

DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT MY SR LIKE THAT! It's the only GOOD sniper rifle we VS have that isn't a copy paste. So I thank God for that:mad:
  7. DatVanuMan

The life of every VS pistol:
    Gets released...
    Gets dumped...
    TR complain about Beamer.
    AND 90% of intelligent VS will use the 44 or 357 at least 79 times in their total game hours.
    Actual statistics and facts, LOOK IT UP.
  8. zombielores

You know, if they kept the spiker 1.0 instead of listening to VS complain then you would have an awesome pistol but now we have spiker 2.0, you can play the blame game but it is the communities fault that got it changed.
    • Up x 4
  9. DatVanuMan

The wisdom...
    THE INTELLIGENCE...
    THE UNAVOIDABLE TRUTH...
    I HATE VS pistols:(
    • Up x 1
  10. a-koo-chee-moya

Pros: cool floating plasma ball thing that looks... cool?

Cons. Every stat the weapon has is pretty much worse than Beamer.
  11. vanu123

Wait the VS have a pistol?
    • Up x 2
  12. Bape

Lol seriously this guy takes someones 15 minutes review and turns it into a 60 second better and more accurate review +1.
    • Up x 4
  13. Yuukikun

Still better than the immortal.
  14. belthazor3457

So next patch the beamer will be buffed to turn people into kawaii anime schoolgirls doing the "lucky star" dance.
  15. nubery

YUP. Spiker 1.0 WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD VANU. You screwed yourselves over. Like always.
    • Up x 2
  16. LIKE A BOSS!

As a spiker owner I can say that this review is spot on its perfect. The first beamer would've been better or equal to the repeater but idiots with "muh uniqueness muh venu faction traits" is what gave us this pos.
    • Up x 2
  17. zombielores

Yup, it was better in term of DPS and the trigger delay would somewhat prevent over sampling, I would have bought that pistol for my VS but the few vocal vanu literally screwed everyone else by saying they wanted something different, there is no one to blame but VS themselves for letting this happen, still gonna be bitter they let this happen even if they change it because this isn't the first time this has happened and I can guarantee you this won't be the last.
  18. asmodraxus

The spiker is that AT weapon from PS1 with a good fire rate that could be charged for AoE and increased damage whilst cloaked.

The pos that has a similar name in ps2 is most definitely not the spiker.

Try wasted art asset number 3 (Manticore being number 1, Cereberus number 2, beamer doesn't count that was always going to be a pos as it has a long and proud tradition in the first game of being useless).
  19. ATRA_Wampa-One

We have 2, and both cost 1000 certs of 700sc.

We call them the Underboss and the Commissioner.
    • Up x 4
  20. FieldMarshall

Why is it impossible for them to make a decent VS pistol... Is the VS faction trait crap pistols or something?
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.