Why isn't there rage at SOE's phasing out of combined arms?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jachim, Jul 24, 2013.

1. LordMondando

Its coming to the point where all vehicles need a substantial buff.

I think the case for this will be significantly stronger come the new resource system.
    • Up x 1
  2. Spartan 117

I'm sorry but I'm having a difficult time relating to what you are saying. Are you upset that you have to exit your vehicle now to cap a base? Vehicular combat was never meant to camp outside of spawn room shelling anything that moves & dubbing it as strategy/skill. Bases are meant for infantry combat to excel. Sadly very few bases in PS2 are currently designed with this in mind. Up until now the game has just been a sandbox for vehicle farmers.

I for one am very excited about this change. While bases still need a great deal of improvement, it shows that SOE is "trying". Something most developers claim to do, but never take action & end up making changes after 3/4 of the playerbase has given up on said game.
    • Up x 1
  3. TheNozzel

SOE is hemmoraging subscribers in the meantime, though. By this very thread you can see how few of us 'pro combined arms' are left. We've all went elsewhere already.
    • Up x 4
  4. Yerk

There are plenty of tank fights in Waterson Esamir. And of course they will explode if you expose them long enough. What do you expect from a cheap-to-acquire tank?

If tanks cost 10,000 resources, sure, make them survivable. Do you really expect to invest like 400 resource points and reap dozens and dozens of endless, easy kills?
    • Up x 2
  5. TheNozzel

See, you keep arguing that all armor does is camp spawn rooms. We're talking past each other here. This isn't showing SOE 'trying', there was nothing wrong with how the bases were laid out before and they decided that they should simply phase out armor in favor of an infantry only game. You got your wish, this game is now just another homogenized grey goop like every other FPS out there now. Just with a really big map.
    • Up x 3
  6. TheNozzel

Are you kidding me? Endless, easy kills? How often does that ever happen anymore? Sure, you can show screenshots of good KDR on a tank driver, but when did KDR ever become an important stat? Score per hour should be what you go by. I can get the same 60 kills as infantry, sure I die more often, but I didn't fork out 450 resources. I PROBABLY will get even MORE score per hour as infantry, in fact.

Stop trying to insist all tanks are for is farm-festing infantry. That's not what they're there for.
    • Up x 3
  7. f0d

sure infantry players like you would like the status quo as you dont even mention tank battles but only farming infantry
    but why am i even replying to a stew360 post? you have zero ability to compromise
  8. Elbryan

It's endless Metro 24/7.

Just the way every COD kid likes it.
    • Up x 4
  9. Spartan 117

You still have 2/3 maps where vehicles are more than relevant. They will be taking your current feedback & making adjustments accordingly to Amerish. The thing is, vehicles were never meant to be as dominant as they were/are. Vehicles in Planetside 1 were always the means of securing the exterior of a base. Not the interior. You have to have a environment where infantry combat can occur. People are upset because they claim vehicle combat isn't relevant now. Infantry vs infantry combat hasn't been relevant since launch.
    • Up x 1
  10. Spartan 117

Compromise? Where was compromise the last 7 months while all bases were exposed and infantry were fodder for vehicle farmers? Where are the infantry players with 760+ K/d ratio screenshots? Where are the infantry players that hit BR100 in the first month? No they were vehicle farmers who abused the hell out of HE, for months. Compromise? It is you who are unwilling to compromise.
    • Up x 3
  11. f0d

i never did like the way infantry could be farmed infact i was once of the first people to say base design was borked
    i love the new bases
    i hate HE
    i WANTED change
    and i said all this in a previous post https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...t-of-combined-arms.142757/page-5#post-2005644

even if bases went back to the old way i would still want change - we need tank battles IN BETWEEN bases without being wtfpwned by all the overpowered AV weapons

edit: these new base designs (that are good) make the poor vehicle gameplay more obvious
    • Up x 2
  12. maxkeiser

I played Esamir last night.

I'm not saying it is all bad. Sure, it can still be great fun. I had fun last night. I can even have fun on BF3 Metro ... occasionally.

However, the entire character and shape of both Esamir and the game has changed. The gameplay on Esamir is now a brutal, continual blood-bath. With almost no end.

I played for 2 hrs or so and spent the entire time (with NC) fighting over one base.

Yes, I had fun. But would I want to do this all the time? Probably not. Just as I can have fun on BF3 metro but wouldn't want to play it the whole time.

The base walls also seem to help the attackers more than the defenders. For defenders it is like being trapped in a box.
    • Up x 1
  13. Spartan 117

This is something we both agree upon. If anything there is a severe lack of tank vs tank battles. As you mentioned it is largely due to the overabundance of AV turrets, Empire specific launchers, AV MAX weapons etc. Several vehicles need a survivability increase. Primarily MBT. I do however feel it would warrant a resource increase. Tanks should be a force to be reckoned with, but limited in abundance.
    • Up x 1
  14. f0d

no....... no there isnt
    all the tanks are too busy trying to keep away from the HA rockets and max's to actually have good tank battles
    • Up x 2
  15. Crashsplash

I played Esamir last night and (along with many others) had a great amount of fun - thanks to the likes of Mercs, FC & SC and also ISK at Eisa.

But there are a couple of issues that occur to me.

Taking a base:- You roll up in your tank with your squad, get out of your tank and have a fight to take the base. Then you go to get back into your tank and it's disappeared taking resources with it. Of course this happened before depending on the base and situation but now it's all the time. The point is we shouldn't tank within bases but we should be able to tank outside them.

Maybe consider extending the disintegration time and/or perhaps if a tank is purposely disintegrated to reimburse some or all of the resources.

Maintaining an assault:- Sundys are destroyed easily, even if you bring multiples. They also consume a lot of resources. Being able to sustain an attack depends on sundys along with their ease destruction, cost in resources, visibility.

Maybe consider bringing an invisibility and/or stealth bubble.
  16. kennonfodder

+1

new esamir....cages with 100+ players trapped inside, fighting over key points with invading infantry, a frequent chaos of bullets, rockets, grenades and screams.

It´s fun but fu cks your brain after a few hours
    • Up x 1
  17. Stew360

Compromise ? what compromise ?

You think iam going to say that you migth be rigth when your wrong to make you feel better ?

iam speaking the truth , iam as good as a infantry than as a vehicules players ...

look at my real MBT and Ligthining stats and youll see that iam mostly a MBT killer but ill kill any infantry in my way

The thing you dont know is that me and my clan mate actually have reach this position not to farm infantry , forced to deploy ligthing ( no techplant ;) ) , it was to basically destroy 3 TR MBT ( prowler ) who was basically shooting at us as soon and we were trying to leave the octagone , We destroy all 3 of them with 2 ligthing with HE weapons lollllll So yeah aafter a few second we look around us and what i saw ? this HUGE zergs of TR trying to ran over the octagone we just destroy them ;)

thats it ,

whats the whiners complain about here is their incapacity to farm spawn points in the same easy way as before even if its still possible , and my video as proove that even so farming infantry will happen and that was exactly the point of it ;)
  18. Disappointed

Why do always people measure themselves in terms like k/d ratio ?
    Planetside is about capturing land mass. Even alerts define the winner by the land mass he owns.
    So why is all brought down to k/d ratio?

Thanks CoD! Senseless running in circles and shooting everything that moves, moving through hose levels and focussing on bottlenecks. No strategy here.

And Planetside is walking the same way.
  19. Bhudda V1

the majority of vehicle combat has been dead for a few gu's, im hoping the resource revamp come's sooner so we can actually have tank's ..tank something and have some way to defend against infantry because of the render distance and the gigantic proportion's of av ingame.
    the feeling in this thread is why i feel i have to plug revamp thread's to add some kind of life back into tank's and a number of other vehicle's, but i don't see it happening any month's soon as harasser's are it right now even with the composite armour nerf.
    • Up x 2
  20. Stew360

Esamir have poor tanks versus tank because of a single reason ' the Single techplant design , only the faction who have the techplant can deploys MBT all around the battlefield and have a Huge advantages to controle the techplant , most peoples have stock ligthning and you have to be a good tankers to win with a ligthing agains a fully crew mbt , or you have to be 2 light tanks focusing fire and trying the get the back of their MBT with the speed chasis , this is how we do it but most peoples arent that good at it ...