Why isn't there rage at SOE's phasing out of combined arms?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jachim, Jul 24, 2013.

1. f0d

again you really dont understand do you (please re read my post - slowly if you have to)
    who cares about farming infantry???? we dont want to farm infantry
    now vehicles are losing their ability to farm bases (a good thing) they should improve the vehicular warfare in between bases (which it looks like they wont) and it seems you have happy with the status quo
  2. f0d

yep vehicles rule the outdoors for sure :confused:
  3. Stew360

Exploiting kdr means nothing i mean if you farms kills and never work the objective Kdr mean nothing

BUT IAM SORRY but if you play for the objective and you are straight into the action and doing stuff reviving peoples and killling peoples KDR means a lots , any good players have 2.0 kdr + , pass that its easy to stats pad and fake pads your KDR

but if you play for the goal and you die less and kill more your a best players you are simply more effective than a 0.4 kdr guys , thats factual , High kdr guys who get thing done are better players simple as that
    • Up x 1
  4. Stew360

and whats is your amasing proposition to enhance your vehicular gameplay ? Since esamir have 1 techplant wich mean only one empire can deploy MBT ;) ?

whats is your fantastic idea and also whats is the lack of vehicular gameplay your talking about ? ive seen tons of lights and heavytanks harassers and aircraft between every single bases , all the time on esamir so , i dont get your complain at all

what they should do to improove your experience ?
  5. Disappointed

Why is it effective to make a lot of kills but still don't capture the facility - not even try to?
    Even if you have 200 kills, you win not a single percent of the terrain.
  6. Vanus Aran

Thats what Lattice is doing all the time my friend.
    Took you long enough to notice.

Lol
    All
    Tactics
    Turned
    Into
    Cute
    Efforts
    • Up x 1
  7. Tow2Bravo

That is probably the worst area for vehicles in the game. The night of the launch the Vanu had a massive, epic vehicle zerg pushing us (NC Connery) back with from every base until we got to that one. We completely crushed that zerg in about 5 minutes once they got to that base. They never could take that base from us. I'm glad vehicles cant camp spawn rooms anymore, but I can see how that would be frustrating for drivers. Anyway, I guess you drivers will have to actually dismount once in a while, at least on that zone.
    • Up x 1
  8. Stew360

why is it effective to not do anything since you are always dead ? this is whats a really low kdr do Dying and acomplish nothing , the High kdr players who actually Capture bases are the ones who secure the capture point , by secure i mean they kill everyones in the way and cap the point and then defend it whiout dying before killing at least 1 to 5 peoples

this is whats been effective
  9. gualty

I cannot see how you miss deep, intriguing tactics and strategies when in your opinion is all about tanks and air slaughtering infantry from safe distance.

I can imagine the tanks drivers shocked.
    They cannot drink and talk on the phone with just one hand on the mouse farming kills.
    And this is the only "strategy" they use and abuse untill now.

It's time to switch the brain on. Find alternatives, and learn to play infantry.

Talking about "The new Esamir gives infantry impunity to demolish air and armor"...
    And before? Wasn't Air and armor having the impunity to slaughter infantry?

Oh, and just to inform you...infantry fighting is the supreme form of strategy and tactics.
    The ones who does not know that, talk about "leaving fights to become a giant clustersuck of mass human wave attacks. No strategy, no skill, nothing."
    because in their tanks or their ESF they never had to learn infantry tactics and strategies.

talking about 2 or 3 entrance is for people that thinks as a tank. You forget LA jump jets, you forget spawn beacons, you forget squad deploy, you forget galaxies drops...

OMG, the OP is so wrong on so many levels i have to stop now or continue forever...
    • Up x 4
  10. Lagavulin

I would assume no-one's raging because it isn't the case.

Air and ground vehicles still seem to be very powerful, which I think is fair enough out in the open. They should find attacking bases difficult though. As it is, there's so many of them around that they still often make it impossible for defenders to do much other than cower in spawn rooms!

I have no doubt that for the lolpod and HEAT/HE spammers, having their uber-farming possibilities reduced would be quite upsetting, as it might reduce their all-important KDR's to single figures! Maybe they could learn to fight instead?
    • Up x 2
  11. f0d

and all those vehicles in between bases you are talking about can easily get massacred by just a few infantry

how can they improve vehicle warfare?
    -make tanks separate driver and gunners (to slow down the spam - see i can compromise)
    -make tanks unlockable with certs (say 1000 certs just to unlock a tank, but its WAY too late to do this so this one can be ignored)
    -continue to improve bases on all continents like they did on esamir
    -reduce infantry AV capabilitys and damage (especially lock ons)
    -increase armor on tanks

there those few things i think will help the vehicular warfare inbetween bases
  12. Disappointed

I see. Farming is the way to win... o_O

Without the lattice system a single soldier could capture a base without firing a single shot and gain 2-5% land ownership.
    • Up x 1
  13. Stew360

faming Hahaha , i capture points i kill peoples and i revive peoples , iam efficient and iam not always dead laying on the ground useless ... to capture a point well defended you need to be good and when you are good you dont die 4 time for 1 kill

Fell free to look at my stats , my most played classes is medic , and i have more kills with the gauss riffle than with all vehicules all toghuether lol https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618020699761/weapons

the KDR is representative of your overall efficiency , yes you can stats pad kills and you can stats pad points as well ;)

but if you play the game the way it meant to be played and have a better KDR you are a most efficient player and a better players if you denied that i can help you

So ghost caping undefended bases is the way to win LOl bravo man
    I figth to claim whats mine , i dont cap it for free sorry we dont eat the same bread
  14. Goretzu

Camping spawns with 3 dozen MBTs and ESFs isn't exactly "combined arms"........... it's just spawn camping with 3 dozen MBTs and ESFs.
    • Up x 4
  15. Goretzu

Call of Duty came out 5 months after Planetside. :confused:
  16. UberBonisseur

This ?
    [IMG]

Please, consider what PS1 did wrong. In this regard, the tunnels were extremely narrow, the chokepoints were pure meatgrinders with at least a dozen of players waiting on each side, locked by a constant screen of explosions.

While I liked the complexity of PS1's bases, which had many points of interest, too often the fight devolved into "how much infantry can you cram in a tight spot".
  17. stalkish

Im confused, either im playing a different game or the servers some of you play on are sub par at best. The fights on Esamir last night were absolutely awsome, infantry were fighting inside of bases and tanks outside of them. Im not sure why some of you are claiming that 'the tank game is dead' its never been more alive, within the first 5 mins of playing yesterday i had to use my vanguard to defend our infantry push into a base from enemy tanks trying to reinforce their infantry defending said base, they tried to disable our sundys with a vehicle counter attack. This was for me the most 'planetside' moment ive had since beta as this is exactly what duty i would fill in PS1, either defending from a counter attack or doing my own counter attack to try and break the seige. Now im sure this was done before the esamir change but it i didnt enounter it nearly as much or see such a large counter attacking force.
    The amount of esfs doing strafing runs over the base was epic to watch and enjoyable for me since i had access to my outfit m8s ranger once my tanks went down. I think for once i was killed more times by tanks than infantry (while inside my tank) and this is how it should be.
    Planetside finaly felt like planetside again, for me at least, sory if some of you arnt finding it as enjoyable any more.
    • Up x 2
  18. Disappointed

I think we talk past each other.
    What I mean is: the game is ment to capture bases, outposts - simply land mass.
    But people don't say "We gained 20% of Esamir today", the say "Hey, I killed 88 people and died only 20 times!".

Why not? It is wise to avoid a fight if you can accomplish the objective.

Not everyone has the benfit of an outfit with 100+ members to simply overrun a large base.
    We focussed on small team operations at smaller outposts.
    But this is history now. The way to move along the lines is given now and nearly every (even small) base is heavily defended now as the know that you will attack there.

So yes, large numbers FTW, but if you haven't, you can stop playing now. That's what I complain about.
  19. Stew360

You are part of a empire ,so you are never ( alones ) use the command chanel ... also ghost capping and avoinding the figth are UNWORTHY CAP and in my opinion you should not be granted by any point to capture a based that you havent claim by rigths and by that i mean figth for it

whats the goal to even play a game like this if its to sit in front of a empty bases looking at a timers count down on the top of your minimap ? Is it rewarding ? is it smart ? NO its not , it is silly and unworthy ....

this game certainly need a way to spread the figth more evenly with decent figths all across the lattice path .. but you wont justified that ghost capping is a valid tactic iam sorry its a unworthy BS and ill make more xp than you just by reviving 4 players so yeah

You earn victory and claim bases by rigths because you deserve it , because you fought for it , Ghost capping is for silly loosers
    • Up x 1
  20. Stew360

On that we agree , i hope well never see these tigth corridor agains ever but so far from whats they did on esamir the bases look pretty sweets and the infantry combat is more than decent , even better map layout than BF in my opinions