Why is the TR throwing the Alert? (Emerald)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xboxerdude, Oct 14, 2014.

1. miraculousmouse

TR are just bad in general.
  2. Unsp0kn

Quite a bit of derp in your own faction.
  3. Axehilt

• I find TR's carbines are easily the best due to the fantastic mag size on them.
    • Same with their LMGs.
    • The Striker is bad, but irrelevant (just as their pistol is good but irrelevant.)
    • Pounders I feel are worse than AI guns for AI work, and my least favorite AV gun for AV work.
    • ARs I feel are mostly balanced, but the aggregate stats and my personal stats seem to support your claim that TR's have the advantage.
    • The Marauder is great (the PPA is the one out of line here) and the Vulcan is admittedly not quite hard enough hitting (but shouldn't be redesigned since TR don't need Yet Another Halberd; they could use a superior short-ranged AV option.)
    • The MCG is definitely the most lacking of the heavy weapons, but I've never felt like that's a big gap.
    • Also, Banshees are either the best AI nosegun or close (my LPPA trails pretty close, surprisingly.)
    • I find ESFs to be about even overall. When I'm NC I dig the burst damage and burst speed, when I'm TR I dig the cruising speed, and when I'm VS I...well I don't actually actively enjoy anything about the Scythe but passively I understand the thin profile benefits me.
    If there was a Faction Switch Week where everyones' character swapped every cert and weapon to the appropriate other-faction weapon, the VS would not magically start losing on Emerald because weapon balance really isn't a major factor behind their doing well. The majority of weapons are balanced quite closely, and skill (including getting the right pop to the right place at the right time) remains the deciding factor in nearly every fight.
  4. GaBeRock

Again, I'm not crying for nerfs, but some stuff needs to be tweaked. The overall accuracy on VS/NC weapons tends to benefit experienced players more as well, so in the case of a faction switch, VS and NC would in fact start doing worse (depending on who was tr), since their skill cap is lowered.

As for the mossy, I won't deny it's an acceptable groundpounder, but low dps and no favorable qualities (except anokay profile) in a dogfight make it rather mediocre.
    • Up x 2
  5. Axehilt

1. They're not garbage. About half my weapon stats are top 5% KPH or better.
    2. Claiming I have 'zero idea about' things is meaningless. You lack evidence.
    3. Yes, many players don't cert vehicles. If it's because they literally haven't accumulated the ~304 certs to kit out a basic MBT, that's just playtime (and should be fixed by SOE.) But if they have over 1000 lifetime certs and still haven't invested those 304 certs, they're just bad.
    4. PPAs literally cannot damage heavy vehicles. So a PPA Mag is basically a 1/2 Mag when it comes to another MBT showing up on the scene.
    5. If and when you confront me with a strong logical argument and/or evidence that what I'm saying is false, I will consider applying the video to myself. I'm a rational thinker. When confronted with strong evidence, I'm capable of changing my opinion (because I like being right more than I like winning arguments -- in part because being right lets me win arguments, and in part because it makes me a strong player.) Until then, I continue to have very strong success fielding AV vehicles against Mags to kill them and you should strongly consider the possibility that you're the less knowledgeable person in this discussion.
  6. Liberty

TR really lacks that 1 or 2 higher (above average) level outfits really focused on objective play with a platoon or two to move around the map. If NUC would have stuck around in full force, things might be a bit different, as when I saw them on Waterson they were at least very objective oriented and could have provided a foundation for outfits like 903, BWC, Honeybadgers, TRAF, 382, VG, LUX, etc to work with.

Without those 1 or 2 "strong" groups to counter the other factions "strong" groups, most seem content to try when they feel like it or otherwise just find entertaining fights. (Which really, do what you want to have fun. )

As for the SPM talk, it is small piece of the pie that is "how good is a player" that basically accounts for what a player does. It is equal parts running member ship + boosts and knowing that killing vehicles gives you the largest XP rewards. In addition to that, when the vehicle farm is lacking it is about picking a fight where you can successfully kill the most dudes given your personal skill level. (Usually ones with high populations with very established battle lines and ways of easily circumventing them. e.g. when a biolab is spawn/pad camped getting behind the campers)

If you are looking for high SPM, you simply look for the best risk/reward scenario which for this game is hunting vehicles or infantry farms that you can spam explosives into.
  7. cykael

1. Weapon specific KPH is easy to boost if you know how. Most of the stats are stupid easy to cheat. And your most effective weapons are pods, so uh, I guess grats on farming that infantry?
    2. You have zero idea. You have barely any infantry time played. All you do is sit in vehicles. This is the exact same as you tried to argue about Counter-Strike when your knowledge of that game is on the level of an infant.
    3. I agree wholeheartedly, 304 certs is all you need to have your MBT up to speed, every new player is a god damn moron because they don't put those 304 specific certs in their vehicles to counter PPA spam. **** those infantry upgrades which actually matter for a new player since the game is heavily infantry focused.
    4. But you just said you're pulling an MBT so I assume you're in a 1/2 as well? How is that any different? Except you have to get through a column of Magriders that are most likely in an advantageous position. But please do tell me more stories of you taking out singlehandedly AFK Magrider columns.
    5. Take your head out of your *** and you'll have strong evidence.
  8. Axehilt

1. Right. It's easy. So you're going to post up your characters now right?
    2. More baseless insults with zero evidence (and in fact strong evidence that I'm pretty solid at infantry due to very high KPH.) Come back when you have a specific issue where I'm actually wrong.
    3. If you have 700 certs in infantry, how effective are 300 more certs into infantry going to be....against PPAs? The answer: not. Look, the game offers rock, paper, scissors, and if you complain about rock after putting all your certs into scissors, you're a bad player.
    4.Right, and I do that because I can consistently outplay most PPA Magriders. Anyone else might prefer ESF or solo Lib (which I also use against mag). Every weapon has a weakness, and the more PPAs a VS force takes the weaker it is against everything else. Except infantry.
    5. Insults like these just give me stronger evidence that you're making your posts as a low-skill player who doesn't understand the game well. You do realize that if you spent less time insulting others and more time learning from those more skilled than you that you would become a better player, right?
  9. Paragon Exile

I see Axehilt is laying the pipe to people who are bad. Good on ya' man.

I've been killed by the PPA on my TR and NC characters a few dozen times at most, and almost never have I died to one twice in the same fight. People who ***** about AI weapons when the counter is so blatantly obvious and easy to obtain are sorta'... you know, ********. But nope, better rush those Magriders as infantry and hope for the best.

Glad to see SOE is listening to the correct demographic of people (jk lol)
    • Up x 1
  10. Ícaro Missel

I tyhinck they kinda fixed this sense today TR woned a ALERT in Indar (i played for 60-90 minutes the alert and woned 200 certs in the end, i wos already in hossin when it ended and i couldn't believe that my certs whent from 110 to 350).
  11. JustBoo

LULZ?
  12. Moridin6

*sings* TR, just wanna have fu-un
  13. Mxiter

2014 thread guys...
    • Up x 1
  14. Goldmonk

BRRRRUUUUUUUHHHHSSSS, we have created life from death!
  15. DQCraze

Platoon leads need to play the game more RTS style, maybe then things would get done.
  16. WeRelic

I wish I could +1 this post until the forums broke.