Why is the TR throwing the Alert? (Emerald)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xboxerdude, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Unsp0kn

Last night we lost the alert because the NC and VS stopped fighting each other and put most of their forces on the TR front. T'was grand.
  2. Draczar

Really I find that it's always the case that one faction just ditches the alert. On my server NC pretty much vacate the game until the end of an alert and give all their territory to the TR while a small number of them fight exclusively VS for the duration.
  3. Axehilt

Rock/paper/scissors is why PPAs aren't anti-fun. They use PPA -> You obliterate them with AV Vehicles. It's simple. It works.

Alerts and tech plants are sadly the only thing that matters for continent strategy, but they both do matter and any faction that doesn't treat them like they matter is going to miss out on free XP and lack access to their best vehicles (which will make the VS seem even more invincible. Strange how bad decisions cause a faction to do poorly and get stomped, isn't it?)
  4. Fellgnome

Give it up already, we both know how zergs work on live.
  5. Kalamyty

Some of the problem is balance....consider the distance damage recoil of VS guns are just overwhelming at times. If your weapons are better at short range but you can't get close, your SOL and stuck in a spawn room within minutes hoping to get a few kills on bored VS who put themselves in danger just for a challenge. Regardless you end up losing the base and your praying some leader pulls in extra squads to outpop the VS eventually.....

I like the challenge of playing against VS numbers....but it does get frustrating when you see lasers from 75 yards away ripping you to pieces within a second and you got no chance to retaliate without some excellent maneuvers and luck getting you closer to them for a chance at an even fight.
  6. Axehilt

To be fair, that was a particularly excellent alert. TR played smart the whole time and maintained a slight edge by bouncing back and forth between the important bases (instead of derping it up and committing too many players against the NC, like they often do.)

It's only because we (TR) were in the lead in the last 15 minutes and NC/VS played smart that we lost that alert.

Indar has such a depressing amount of stalemate bases. Makes alerts there super boring.
    • Up x 1
  7. Axehilt

How does that relate to PPAs? Last night during the alert at battles that were generally 50/50% pop between the TR and VS zergs, I wiped out a good number of Magriders mostly by myself. Some were quite excellent players. Most of them creeping around the mountains where they're otherwise fairly hard to hit (also sniped several with my Prowler.)

The better educated non-VS players become, the more they'll realize PPAs mostly only kill bad players, and stop complaining. So I'm not going to give it up until the playerbase plays smarter.
    • Up x 1
  8. Axehilt

That just doesn't happen. If the enemy is AI-heavy, a same-sized AV vehicle force will destroy it. If the enemy has some AI and some AV, an air force will destroy it. If the enemy has AI with AA, a ground-based AV force will destroy it. Rarely will they have a perfectly balanced mix but even if they do you can isolate parts of that vehicle mix from the others to widdle them down and create advantageous situations.

...but you're not doing any of that if you're derping around trying to beat PPAs (anti-infantry weapons) as infantry.
  9. Foxirus

It's okay to feel weak and inferior to the mighty Vanu Sovereignty. They refuse to fight the power of technology and that which is the all powerful Vanu.
    • Up x 1
  10. DatVanuMan

What is wrong with us winning?
    Exactly;)
  11. TEUFELDRITCH

Alerts? Pfft! I don't actively take part in those. I have more important things to do like capping a point, taking back a base, defending a base & etc. If the alert coincides with what I'm already doing, great! If it doesn't I don't really care.
  12. SenEvason

I don't much care for alerts. I just look for fights that are pretty much even and go to those.
  13. cykael

I agree, the better players just **** off to some other fight which isn't getting bombarded by PPA from 5 different angles.
  14. LibertyRevolution

You can't win this game, there is no end game, so thus you can't lose either...

Why fight the leader? It doesn't pay you more XP to fight at an out popped, out skilled, fight..
    In fact you make LESS XP, as you spend more time on the redeploy screen from getting farmed.

There is absolutely no incentive to get yourself farmed by the VS just so you can try to win an alert.
    Winning an alert pays like 5000XP.. I can make that in 1 life at any 1-12 fight...

I said it before in another thread, you want me to care about alerts, then you need to pay me equivalent to my time.
    I can make 400SPM on average now with the new XP, so an alert would have to pay 400x120=48,000 XP for me to care.
    So yeah, pay me 200 certs for an alert win, then we can talk about caring about alerts.

I can make 2000XP by soloing an empty base simply by flipping the point and standing on it while I watch TV..
    You want me to get farmed by VS for 2 hours for 5000XP? GET REAL BRO, LOL
    • Up x 1
  15. FocusLight

I can tell your new to Emerald.

Don't worry, this will change soon.
  16. Axehilt

1. You can't win the game.
    2. You can win an alert.
    3. The less you fear the VS, the easier it will be to win the alert and the less you will be farmed (and the more you will do the farming.)
    4. You get a bunch of bonus XP for doing so, on top of the XP you're already making. (For context, my accounts are 800+ SPM and I always participate alerts and always try to fight the current leader when possible.)
    5. And within certain limits there are definitely sweet spots where being slightly outnumbered is fantastic XP. It's not always true if the enemies are paying attention, but well...given that I'm fighting that leader at least 80% of the time in alerts (and usually fighting them apart from alerts too, even though territory doesn't matter) and I still have 800+ SPM, obviously it's not a particularly huge limiting factor in earning certs.
  17. Axehilt

No, better players kill the PPA user because he's very obviously vulnerable to vehicles, and very obviously worth a ton of points.
  18. LibertyRevolution

Your 800SPM is meaningless as your seem to be a vehicle player..

Lets look at all your infantry weapons shall we??
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428204126946383857/weapons
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428163555326207793/weapons
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428213558399930113/weapons

You have a hell of a nerve telling others how to play, your are playing an FPS and don't even infantry..
    Your most played class is Engineer, and you have 2% accuracy!(Seems somebody been stat padding someone eh?)

No wonder you have no clue why we won't fight the VS.
    Maybe you should spend some time playing infantry against the VS and then come back...
    • Up x 1
  19. Ceiu

I'm convinced you don't actually play the game and just spend your time playing a pen-n-paper version of theoryside.

What actually happens depends on the vehicle on which it's mounted:
    - If it's on a magrider, they laugh at you and kill you with PPA spam and supernova blasts from the main gun.
    - If it's on a harasser, they drive away faster than you can catch them, while spamming PPA death balls at you.
    - If it's on a scythe, you may have a valid tactic with a skyguard. But let's be honest here: no one gives a **** about the light PPA and it's not the PPA that's ever cited.
    • Up x 1
  20. Axehilt

If you're dying to PPA+Supernova Magriders, you have done something terribly wrong. They die to 1/2 MBTs. They die to ESFs. They die to 2/2 Libs. They die to 1/1 Libs. They even usually die to AP Lightnings. They die to 2/6 Valks. They die to 2/12 Galaxies.

What don't they die to? The infantry you keep spawning as.

If you're dying to PPA-H Harassers, you have done something terribly wrong. They die to 1/2 MBTs. They die to ESFs. They die to 2/2 Libs. They die to 1/1 Libs. They even usually die to AP Lightnings. They die to 2/6 Valks. They die to 2/12 Galaxies.

If you're dying to LPPA ESFs, you have done something terribly wrong. They die easily to any non-AI ESF (and also Air Hammer ESFs). And Skyguard/Burster repels them alright (killing bad ones; deterring good ones.)