Why is the TR throwing the Alert? (Emerald)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xboxerdude, Oct 14, 2014.

1. TheMish

Okay, compared to the TR the VS are ridiculously overpowered. We all universally hate fighting them, and even if it's warpgating NC all day, it's more fun than having to deal with the VS.

As far as I'm concerned, the VS are a blight on Emerald. All which could be fixed if there was some NC/TR cooperation. Then the VS players would be so exhausted from being warpgated constantly, the VS curse would be gone, hopefully forever.

Until then, chances are the TR here will always pick the NC over the VS. It's a lot more fair, and we stand a significantly high chance of winning, and losing valiantly. Rather than being steamrolled by the VS.
  2. Ceiu

Yeah, those are great theories, but, again, it doesn't hold up with what actually happens in the game.

For starters, you don't spawn as a MBT, an ESF or a lib. You spawn as an infantryman (every time, btw). You get those other things from terminals which are virtually never protected. If you can actually get to the terminal at the base being assaulted by PPA spam, then you're probably not actually being farmed by PPA spam (for instance: Biolabs, NC Arsenal, Quartz Ridge, etc.) and all of your theory is nonsense and doesn't apply anyhow.

If you are being farmed hard enough that you have to spawn elsewhere and then bring a vehicle back, you (a) need to get back to the original base safely, (b) fight off all of the PPA spammers (because there's never just one) and then (c) take the base back, because it's likely they've had people on the point for the duration of your last death, respawn and return trip.

But hey, you seem to have this tactics thing figured out. I'm sure you can solo a VS PPA zerg/swarm no problem.
  3. William Petersen

There's something very wrong with the TR on Emerald. The last two times I've logged on they've been circle jerking around outposts on Esamir where they have 70% continent pop. How is that fun? I mean really. I thought the fun in this game was gotten by fighting, not by not-fighting... I guess I'm playing wrong?
  4. Axehilt

You are literally criticizing me for not playing like an idiot. I really have no clue how to respond to that in a constructive manner. Here's my failed attempt:
    • Others: [PPA whining]
    • Me: "Stop whining about PPAs. It's an anti-infantry weapon. So stop using infantry to counter it! Obviously."
    • You: "Maybe you should spend some time being bad, and then come back..."
    • Me: "What? No! What conceivable motivation would I have to intentionally play scissor (infantry) against rock (PPA) when I could instead play intelligently?"
  5. LibertyRevolution

I an criticizing you for telling us to fight the VS, while you have no clue what it is like to fight Emerald VS infantry.
    I'm sure all it is all rainbows and sunshine from your chariot...
    Seriously, get out of your ESF and see that the game is really like for the majority of players.

If playing infantry in an FPS game is being in idiot in your view, then your opinions on the game are useless..
    So there is no point reading any more of your post. So welcome to my ignore list.
    • Up x 1
  6. Axehilt

• I fight as a vehicle when it's the right decision.
    • I fight as infantry when it's the right decision.
    • I play all factions.
    So I know exactly what it's like to play against PPAs (and I die once to them -- if at all -- and jump into a vehicle and kill them if they're a key factor in my faction winning the battle.)
    And I know exactly what it's like to play against VS infantry. Their weapons aren't any better or worse than others (my highest KPH MAX is Grinder+Slugs and my highest KPH infantry weapon is the CARV.)
    I don't know why you're repeatedly asking me to change my playstyle. I'm not the one with problems. You're the one having problems. You have an opportunity to solve those problems here by learning from the experience of others! Take it!
  7. Axehilt

Here is what the Duning-Kruger Effect is, in layman's terms:

Here are my stats (2.9 K/D, 763 SPM)

Now the decision's up to you. Compare your stats with mine and decide whether you should argue with me, or choose to learn from my experience instead. I don't really care either way (unless you're on Emerald, in which case I care exactly 1/3rd of the time when you're on the same faction as me because I play all factions; the other 2/3rds of the time you'll be easy cannon fodder.)
  8. xboxerdude

You must be kidding about me being new around here
  9. Ceiu

You seem to be under the idiotic conclusion that I (or others here) continue to throw myself at armor columns as infantry (spoiler alert: we don't).

We're just calling out your "herp derp just pull armor and kill da PPA user! HERPADEE DERPADOO" nonsense -- because it's exactly that. PPA spam isn't one player who rolled up in a solo harasser then changed seats. It's several vehicles -- some which don't even have PPA equipped -- accompanied by a literal army of infantry.

So yes, continue to tell us how you pull one tank and save the day. Your war stories will some day be handed down from father to son, forever cataloging your exploits in PPA countering.

And for the record, your stats aren't impressive enough to be gloating and talking down to people the way you do. Hell, I'd argue my statline is nicer -- and mine is being brought down by 50 battle ranks of learning the game while playing casually. :/
    • Up x 1
  10. xboxerdude

was watching monty python tonight , and this just reminded me of TR and NC on emrolled whats not shown is once the romans leave sight they just start killing each other again until they are all dead and its just Brian left even though they agreed with him and figured it would be best to take out the romans and stop fighting
    • Up x 1
  11. FateJH

To sum up people in this thread, the TR and NC on Emerald don't want to team up with each other to fight the VS, even if that would give "them" a reasonable advantage, because doing so would mean that they'd have to fight the VS.
    • Up x 3
  12. GaBeRock

Because TR has is the weakest faction with the weakest weaponry, so we might as well fight the second weakest faction? No use getting farmed by mlg br100's and pancake planes.
    • Up x 1
  13. Axehilt

As a player whose stats show very strong play, I'm telling you that AI-specialized vehicles lose to the same number of players in AV vehicles. You can either believe me, or continue dying horribly because you play bad. But the fact remains that AI weapons can't even damage heavy vehicles, and aren't that great against light ones, and I very frequently kill PPA and non-PPA VS vehicles alike (otherwise my SPM wouldn't be this high obviously -- but you'd know that if you weren't so busy Duning-Krugering.)

(*Keep in mind all SPM comments are made with the assumption that you're cutting it in half, since I run Subscription w/ Alpha Squad Boost which is +100%.)
  14. Axehilt

Would it matter to you if a ~800 SPM, 2.9 K/D player considered TR's weaponry the best? Because I do.

Or maybe less subjective things like the fact that the stats show Prowler maingun to have a much higher KPH than the other factions?
  15. cykael

Congrats on your (boosted) garbage stats after a year of playing and sitting in vehicles LMAO. Every ******* thread you're in you're posting about **** you got zero idea about. Good job, you certed out your vehicles. I'd go as far as to say that 90% of the playerbase doesn't (as their first thing). Uncerted vehicles are garbage. You're better off killing vehicles as LA with c4 or HA with a launcher. It's not like Magrider with PPA is suddenly worthless against ******* vehicles either, especially uncerted ones.

There's ****all most of the playerbase can do against spawnrooms and vehicle terminals being blasted from multiple angles a mile away other than redeploy to a fight that's more fun from infantry PoV. Hell, whenever new players ask for advice they are actually directed towards certing out infantry first, vehicles later.

Apply that video to yourself.
    • Up x 1
  16. GaBeRock

It's harder to get high spm as a vehicle than an infantryman. Here's proof, from my page:

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428109895932771009/vehicles

Vehicles:
    Most played- mosquito- 76 spm
    Most SPM- prowler- 161

Infantry:

Most played- engineer- 139 (used primarily for driving vehicles)
    Most SPM- Medic- 180
    MAX- 206

Hell, your own stats support that.

Vehicles:
    Most played- liberator- 50
    Most SPM- harasser- 91

Infantry:
    Most played- light assault- 67
    Highest SPM- heavy assault- 311.

Infantry is easier to play than vehicles (excluding maxes, which need to be nerfed.)
  17. GaBeRock

TR advantages:
    Assault rifles
    Pistols
    MBT 1-manned (AV only, now that HE/HEAT have been nerfed)
    Pounders

Most every other advantage is split between the other two factions, however. It's not so unbalanced that I want to cry for nerf threads, but some tweaking is in order for the following:

Vehicle secondaries
    Mosquito
    LMG's
    Carbines (not much here, actually, carbines are fairly balanced)
    ESRL, ESHW

Being a primarily aircraft player, this means that I view TR as underpowered, as we have the weakest ESF for AA.
    • Up x 1
  18. Schizomatic

Well, on that last Indar alert (ended 10/14 at 2200ish) it came out to a draw. How about that.
  19. Juunro

Far be it from me to defend a filthy Vanu or anything, and I do think the platforms the PPA is mounted on make it overpowered by dint of ignoring base design restrictions on vehicle weapons, but only an idiot pulls a tank from a base actually being assaulted.

Because:

1) There will be snipers playing overwatch for easy kills on the console.

2) There will be tank mines in front of the spawner.

3) There will be LA's with C4 on adjacent rooftops drooling in anticipation.

4) You will have a 3-4 second window on pulling the vehicle where your control is extremely restricted while it ejects you off the pad.

Seriously, pull an AP MBT with a friend from and adjacent base; you will never, ever, EVER lose to an HE/PPA mag. Hell, if you and your passenger can shoot for crap you won't lose to an AP/PPA mag. If you have vehicle stealth you can often get within 20 meters of them before opening fire, causing them to spaz and magburn into trees, which is hilarious. Know what else flanking AP armor can do? Blow up all the sunderers the other team is spawning at.

This message brought to you by a dedicated AP Vanguard driver.
    • Up x 1
  20. Ceiu

I believe you quoted the wrong person. None of what you said is incorrect or even at odds with what I've been saying. Hell, I'd even argue it's a more elaborate post of what I've been saying; sans noting that the ensuing battle won't be a one-on-one.