Why haven't coyotes been adjusted yet?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by badname123, Jun 11, 2014.

1. IamnotAmazing

make the skill alternatives significantly better than the crutches
  2. Leftconsin

Noseguns are already better that coyotes. A skilled pilot will still one mag a unskilled one. It takes about half a magazine of nosegun ammo to kill an ESF. There are plenty of pilots in the air capable of landing enough shots to not need a reload. Coyotes however require 3 reloads to kill an ESF.

I don't know why people are complaining about this.
  3. UberBonisseur

A coyote user can dodge AND fire effectively at the same time.

If you want to compare the efficiency of both weapons, you factor average accuracy in.
  4. Leftconsin

No. I'm talking about ace pilots who can compensate for dodging. Average accuracy factors in a lot of people who can't shoot.
  5. IamnotAmazing

yeah I can oneclip morons no matter the weapon they are using, so can a lot of people

the problem is when a already good pilots uses them, the combined dps of a nosegun and coyotes is silly, and good luck hitting an esf spamming barrel rolls that still has perfect accuracy because he has lockons( you'll see below)

see here he is able to only use coyotes, so imagine if he'd use the noseguns also, it's rather stupid

the ability of coyotes to ghost reload needs to be removed and their reload speed doubled
  6. DrBash00

Lol, this is like the "Harasser Nerf", or the "Striker Nerf" it would be better to remove the Weapon completly from the Game and refound the Certs/SC rather then nerfing the Weapon so hard.

I think coyotes are OK as they are, i would rather think about "weather conditions" or somethings where Lockons are disabled, so you get the "good old airfights". (Like Ion storms, visible on the map if u choose the weather filter...)
    • Up x 1
  7. Dinapuff

It really isn't. The only thing we have to do is reduce the mag size and increase the reload so that you can't spam it as a primary weapon. This means even when wielding coyotes that nosegun accuracy counts for something.

It's the same thing with rocketpods. The damage per rocket is fine. How many rockets in the clip or the speed of a reload may not be as fine.
  8. DrBash00

Well, a LITTLE Nerf on coyotes would be fine, to make the Airgame more skill based but i think if they go for a nerf they will kill coyotes.

On Tomcats: In a 1 v 1 i simply fly next to the tomcat user, so he can not maintain his lockon anymore, so he blocked his rocked spot for a useless item. (btw. flares give you at least 7 seconds before the first rocket will ever hit you)

Coyotes are uneffactet by flares, and i understand they can nead a Adjustment.
  9. GhostAvatar

Well thats your fault then. Complaining about Coyotes up close is like complaining about shotgun users in open terrain.
    • Up x 1
  10. IamnotAmazing

no it would make it not stupidly op. you can nerf it in other ways, but I think ghost reloading needs to be removed altogether, the damage output is silly high
  11. GaBeRock

Complaining about coyotes at very close ranges is perfectly reasonable, since you have to be facing your opponent to shoot at them, meaning you can't alsl be running away. Plus, at long ranges, nosegun accuracy suffers as well, making them an even worse choice compared to lockons. Regardless, your opponent can also carry a nosegun with them, making them just as good at long range battles. I don't complain about shotguns because to use them, an infantryman must sacrafice a possible longer-range weapon, and their second weapon is harder to use at long range than any opponents' longer range weapons. Plus, you can't reload shotguns while firing your secondary, even though you can reload coyotes reloading your primary.
    • Up x 2
  12. GaBeRock

Ghost reloading is fine. Coyotes deserve a role besides "take less aiming for noobs" and adding extra DPS at the expense of manueverability is theoretically a fair tradeoff. The problem is, coyotes don't give up enough manueverability to justify the extra DPS they provide. Since I don't wan't ESFs themselves nerfed in manueverability, I'd prefer to see a DPS nerf for coyotes, through the means of a reload nerf.
    • Up x 1
  13. badname123

I don't have to learn to play when i can coyote primary.
  14. DrBash00

I think the "ghost Reload" is one of the Fun and Skill based Things in the Game. (And yes this makes the Reload speed update for weapons pretty uselss, but this is another topic). Just think you are flying a helicopter with rockets, and you can not fire the machine gun while new rockets are loading??? This is ********, and feels just lame, so better give the coyotes only a 5 shoot magazine, slightly longer Reload time and we are fine.

SOE nerfed the reverse manoever so the are not intrestet in the "high skill airgameplay", if they where they can just remove the extro fuel costs and skilled pilots can do so much crazy stuff with the extended fuel Tanks.... (But for the other 90% of Pilots, this will be pretty frustrating)
  15. IamnotAmazing

um, how is ghost reload skill based? I honestly want an explanation, it's like saying finding 8 billion dollars on the ground was hard work. Currently the damage output is way too high, I'm curious if the api gives us numbers on the amount of ab pods pulled instead of a secondary weapon, if I had to guess based on the number of people I kill it's a hell of a lot less ab pods, which seems like it needs fixing no?

They never nerfed the reverse maneuver, they canceled that plan after the metric higbyton of backlash they got.

I'd like to see a reload speed increase( roughly double), and a rpm that's in the middle of the release rpm and the one we have now
    • Up x 1
  16. GhostAvatar

Firstly, you can face them and also be running away. It called the reverse maneuver. And yes, you do lose accuracy at long range. But no where near as much as Coyotes do. Just like you would against a shotgun user in open terrain. You're not going to hit every shot, but you sure as hell are going to hit a lot more than they do.

As for the reasoning behind them having a nose gun also. That is the real issue you have with them. You lost to someone who pulled a pure A2A loadout... as it should be. You are complaining about someone being OP against other air when they pull a pure A2A loadout. How about.. maybe you sacrifice you lolpods to be more competitive in the air.
  17. IamnotAmazing

yeah coyotes should wreck lolpods, but that's not what anyone is saying. We're talking about fuel pods v coyotes, fuel pods are the "skill" a2a loadout and should stomp anything else because they have a higher skill ceiling, except right now they don't
  18. GaBeRock

um, no. even with a reverse manuever, if your nose is pointed at an enemy, you cannot retreat away from them anywhere near the speed they can rush towards you. Also, how is nosegun+ab tanks not a dedicated A2A loadout? I always use lolpods nowadays because any scrub with coyotes is going to beat me if I use afterburners anyways.
  19. LT_Latency

All skill caps have been adjusted so better players have an advatage but weaker players can kill if they get the drop on you.

Do you think the weapon mechanics for ground guns are set up for a maximized for skill cap??
  20. GhostAvatar

Thats simply because they are not A2A. People may view them as such, but they simply are not. They are an utility that allows for more afterburners. Yes they may give you an additional boost in combat and dogfights. But they also give you an additional boost in escaping and movement etc.

Its like comparing the ability power of a class to the killing potential of a weapon. Yes HA shields may give you a direct advantage in combat. But they don't help you kill the opponent any better, only mitigate some of the damage received. Same goes for fuel pods. They don't help you kill an opponent, only allow you to avoid some of the incoming damage. Which they still do against coyotes.

Simply put they are not A2A, but a general purpose utility.

If they are coming at you, then they are a easy kill. To come at you they have to be out of hoover mode. Which means they have traded movement on several axis to only one. Yes you will have to trade blows, but a nose gun has a lot more damage potential.