Why Does the Harrasser Need a Gunner?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DiHorizon, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Ronin Oni

Harrasers are limited to tank terms?

Odd... they're undoubtedly lighter than a sunderer and fit the transport profile... :\
  2. Lyel

Yeah... Im really pushing to nerf its offense options so it can be available at every terminal.... sadly, no one seems to agree with me, and it'll become just a weaker/faster lightning :(
  3. Ronin Oni

They should just remove the ES secondaries... frankly only the TR ones are really all that great.

Enforcer is better than a Halberd but not by a whole lot, Saron's fire delay is just hell on a fast moving agile vehicle, and the PPA and Enforcer Modified aren't that great either.

As for the others, I don't see why not... a Sunderer can mount any of them... 2 of them even... has more armor, still gets up to 75KPH with Racer3, and still carries MAXes.

Really, I see no reason why Sunderers could be pulled but not Harassers. It's literally a transport vehicle... in between the Flash and Sunderer
  4. Zombo

we arent playing arma, this would also destroy the whole purpose of the magrider

what should the gunner do? aim up and down? wtf?

MBTs are fine as they are, once they get their freaking armor back....
  5. MrIDoK

Yeah, ES secondaries would be a hell to balance. However, it's nice to see that ours are so in synergy with a fast attack vehicle, it shows that those weapons are in fact designed with that kind of vehicle in mind.... Too bad the Prowler isn't as fast. :/

I think that the light-vehicle terminals should spawn only Flashes and Harrassers, so every base has a light transport and a light attack vehicle; however, heavier (and more important in the overall strategy) vehicles like the Sunderer, the Lightning and the MBTs should only spawn at a heavy-vehicle terminal, like the ones in the medium and big sized bases.
    So if your sundy gets killed you'd have to rely on medics and spawn beacons until someone manages to bring a new spawnderer. And this could introduce a role for an aircraft that can transport vehicles (like the ps1 Lodestar).
  6. Covah

I want to see my arms on the steering wheel, then it will be fun to drive.

Same thing on the flash.
    And on the sunderer.
  7. Fafnir

Do I really have to repeat this over and over again in different threads? Higby said that ES weapons for Harraser WON'T be added at launch and may or may not be added later on. With so much ******** about Vulcan, they may as well scrap the idea. Good job, Forumside.
  8. gudman591

Swich it's main cannon with it's turrets? Come on, Saron is already it's primary weapon. Besides, Planetside 1 wasn't arma (Operation Flashpoint for that matter), your point being?..

Everything can be repurposed and rebalanced, and this design (multicrewed tanks) will only benefit the game. Getting rid of tankspam while also buffing the tanks' effectiveness overall.
  9. MrMchale

In Planetside 1 the multi crewed tank(D/G/G) was far more effective than a single crew tank where the driver had to do the gun and run himself. Dedicated gunners were around and many of these were quite decent with what they did. If the driver must have a gun give him an anti-infantry weapon so as to shoot infantry in the front arc of the tank allowing the other gunners to focus on finding targets. As for the Harasser I wish we had this back when I was playing Planetside 1 it is a better vehicle in many ways with the rumble seat. It his a hit and run vehicle... speed up hit your targets drive by fashion and get the heck out of dodge.

But Higby and his crew have made their decisions and that's what we have all we can do is keep talking about what we would like and hope they take what is said into consideration.
  10. Xebov

I realy like the Harasser the way they designed it, did some testdrives with Outfit members. Im fine with the ES weapons beeing removed from release, most of them are not realy usefull when driving with the speeds the buggy can reach.

For the guys who want another solo vehicle, we allready have the Flash and Lightning and the MBT that gets used solo most of the time. I would like to see the MBTs becoming true team based vehicles that needed at least 2 players to get operational, it would limit the spam of tanks and force players to work together or to take lightnings.

I dont see problems in bringing gunners and drivers together, im in a small Outfit and we often have the Question "who wants to drive/fly" or "who wants to take the gunenr seat". For my Outfit im pilot most of the time, i have a fully certed Sunderer and Gal and i dont have problems getting my guns manned and going for a hunt, and its realy funny outmaneuver aircrafts and tanks and killing them with the team vehicles. If i jump into random tank gun seats my biggest problem is that most of them dont spend certs into there guns and dont react to infos about ammo status, most actually dont care about there gunner anyway.
  11. Ronin Oni

uhm, to be quite fair... it would be totally unbalanced.

I'm glad they aren't adding the ES secondaries to live.

The Vulcan is WAAAAY to good, and the Marauder is likewise really good (not as good as Fury, but a lot cheaper to get going with pure certs) The NC AV secondary is hardly discernable from the Halberd unless you park it to snipe. The VS's AV is utterly useless UNLESS you park it to snipe. Both VS and NC AI secondaries are utter garbage. (Maurader really isn't a whole lot better as I noted... but at least it's a cheaper alternative to the Fury)

They really shouldn't add them. The NS weapons are plenty good enough.
  12. Ronin Oni

I would like making MBT's crewed in theory....

but driving an MBT would just be balls.

Driver operating the top secondary turret instead would work in effect.... but it would be pretty odd.

An added front hull mount 45 degree CoF Bassie/Kobalt would at least let him shoot... but it'd still be pretty bloody boring.

With a Lib, at least I'm flying... + I have a tank buster I can make use of on occasion.

With Sunderer's... well, usually I'm transporting a full squad. It's also a job needed a LOT less in Qty in the field.

In concept, I like the idea of crewed tanks. In practice I think it'd be pretty boring.
  13. Fafnir

You know how it would be imbalanced? Exactly the way NC MAXes are. It's called asymmetrical balance.
  14. Ronin Oni

Not quite.

The Vulcan on a Harasser is crazy powerful. The ES guns for the other 2 empires are pointless.

That's not asymmetrical... that's a flat out TR advantage.

NC have the best point blank MAX... but the TR and VS MAXes are still fully effective, and the new abilities will add more asymmetry, but they each get their own benefit from their unique abilties.

NC/VS harassers would get NOTHING from ES secondaries.

As much as I'd LOVE to have a Vulcan on my Harasser, it simply wouldn't be fair. Asymmetry is GREAT, but it can't be so 1 sided.

A better idea would be to create new ES Harasser weapons if they want to do that.

but, none of the other NS vehicles have ES weapons... so why should the Harasser?
  15. Ixidron

You know, viper and HEAT lightings are better at killing infantry than MBTs (except prowler), you should actually thank they spam MBTs, you wouldn't like a horde of highly mobile and fast tanks capable of delivering an incredible amount of spam, specially considering that one direct hit from a viper can still kill one infantryman, and they have 6 shots, 10 MBTs can fire 10 shells, 10 lightings can fire 60.

Curiously, lightings has the same TTK as vanguards when it comes to tank killing with the HEAT, so, 1/2 MBT are actually good for your health, on the other hand, 2/2 MBTs are devastating, you know, with 3 vanguards with enforcers supported by an ammo sunderer and a couple of engineers my team was able to shoot down more than 20 1/2 MBTs and lightings, and we beat the crap out of an entrenched infantry force.
  16. fludblud

Simple, dont touch the Magrider, keep its current setup and armour values whilst buffeing the other crewed tanks. It may be weaker but as its one man capable it will undoubtedly be more numerous.

This game needs more faction variation, all vehicles apart from two are common pool and even then their functions are disturbingly similar, the Magrider is the ONLY unique vehicle in the game and should retain the features that separate it from others.
  17. Jalek

I keep flipping Harassers over and killing everyone :oops:
    If I had a weapon reticule, maybe I'd go slower and jump less... well, MAYBE, but probably not.

Bulldogs, Furies, Walkers, etc. should be enough for the buggies, if it means putting them at terminals where AMS-Sunderers can already be spawned.

For random vehicles, I usually try the ones with camo first, it at least suggests they've spent a few certs or even SC on upgrades.
    I still get Basilisks sometimes, but not as often. Those without even the 1 cert zoom I usually don't stay with.
  18. Shasbot

OP makes a good point. This design choice is quite a departure from how the other combat vehicles work. It's gunna be funny blowing up 3/3 buggies as a 1/1 ESF or 1/2 MBT.

Once it's no longer new it'll probably be used as a transport when nothing better is available at the nearest terminal.
  19. felfox

As Ronin pointed out, the vulcan is just too much of an advantage compared to the NC and VS equivalent and would turn this from asymmetry to flat out one sided. However this opens up the potential for faction specific buggies (which are coming!) to be balanced with our faction weapons from the get go :3 This means that the vulcan on the Marauder buggy (tr buggy) would be balanced into it's design just as the NC weapons on the Enforcer buggy and VS weapons on the Thresher. (Really hope they buff the ppa at that point)

The Harasser is your standard buggy, putting unbalanced ES weapons on it would sadly break it and not because it needs to be symmetrical but because the other two just don't have anything nearly as good.
  20. Fafnir

Then give them something. Why the first thought of everyone is to nerf the Vulcan, but not to give something better to other factions?

However, I'd trade Vulcan anytime for: