Why Does the Harrasser Need a Gunner?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DiHorizon, Apr 26, 2013.

1. ThreePi

I think SOE should at least give it a shot on the test server.. Bump up MBT armor and swap positions so that the driver gets the secondary gun and the gunner gets the main cannon (Except the Magrider, the driver would obviously still get the main gun).

As it stands right now, why would you have two people drive around in a buggy when you could have two Vanguards instead? The only benefit buggies have is the lowered resource cost, which is more or less irrelevent right now.

edit - And just an FYI, I'm a BR59 who isn't in an outfit and doesn't play in squads and I'd still would rather see seperate gunners/drivers.
  2. DarthGoogle

You use same argument with exactly same wording over and over, not trying to understand what people are really saying yo you. Its getting old.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ash87

Sorry but no.

People want it, lets try it.

It already works for the harasser, it'll work for the MBT
  4. Zcuron

For a driver/main/second MBT, it'd be interesting to give the driver two abilities, alternatively splitting them between the driver & main.

I wonder how much it'd change the game - we'd probably suddenly see a ton of IR smoke.

Stray thoughts~~
  5. Ronin Oni

ur quote got effed...

anyways, yah, they'll be relatively weak.... but they're faster than flashes ffs.... with more armor than a flash

I dunno, personally I think they're gonna be great fun. Very risky, but very fun, and good teams will wreck some havoc with them.
  6. Ronin Oni

Harasser, fun to drive.

55KPH tank... NOT fun to drive.
    • Up x 2
  7. MrIDoK

Mmhh... i see your point and it's valid... What about swapping the maingun and the secondary?
    Win-win in my opinion. A gunner becomes much more useful, while the driver isn't just there to drive around but can also get some kills, especially with the AT secondaries.
    Except on the magrider, though. You can't aim a turret while strafing around.
  8. PS2Freak

devs just should make new weapon that the driver can operate on the fly.... for lonewolfs between us.
  9. fludblud

Its called a Flash
  10. MrIDoK

Or Lightning, if you fancy getting stuck in every ditch.
  11. PS2Freak

i mean a special "harrasser lonewolf weapon edition".
  12. UberBonisseur

The concept of "fun" in this game has lost me a long time ago.
    REPAIRING MAX UNITS = NOT FUN
    DEPLOYING SUNDERERS = NOT FUN
    THROWING BODIES AT A BIOLAB = FUN

I mean, by definition, you are limited in what you can do in this game.
    You will be powerless against some particular threats.
    Is it fun to be powerless ? Sure isn't. Is it fun to be out of resources ?
  13. fludblud

And yet again I mean the Flash.

The Harasser is basically a larger Flash its purpose is for quick transport just with more people, its attraction is teamwork between small groups that cannot fill a Sundy yet are too big for a Flash. Making a 'lonewolf ' Harasser would render the Flash useless and you already have the Lightning if you want a bigger and heavier armed lonewolf vehicle.
  14. Dragonblood

If it's just meant as transport, then it should be available at every base....but it's not. And to make vehicles just mere transports is just boring gamedesign.
  15. CHDT65

Another thing I don't understand: why the "elite" call with disdain solo vehicules "lonewolf".
    It's quite possible and even enjoyable and very effective to ride Lightnings in small teams, especially with Teamspeak.
    No "lonewulf" in that, but great teamplay.
  16. Flukeman62

the main problem with a solo harasser is that the steering is so bloody cloudy you need to have your full concentration on driving the thing.
  17. Whiteagle

Nope, just give the Mag's Nose the Gun Turrets from Aircraft and make Sauron variants into the Main Cannons.
    Mag Gunner gets a Cannon, Mag Driver gets a Secondary Gun, SOE wrings more money out of the game, EVERYBODY HAPPY!
  18. Ash87

I disagree.

The exciting thing about being a dedicated driver (As I have seen in games where there were dedicated drivers) is to get yourself through the thick of things and not die. I mean your dedicated to dodging shells, avoiding obstacles, etc. if you have one person who is devoted to making sure the tank stays alive, the more frantic and difficult that is, the better.

Plus, the person who would be driving would be getting XP on kills from the main gun. So if your gunner kills 100 people, you are swimming in experience.

Not to mention that if you make people work in crews you'll get more dedicated tank groups. Two to three people agree to work on a tank. Person A is driving, person B is gunning, Person C is on tertiary gunning. Drive around and the tank gets destroyed: Rotate! Person C is now driving, person B is tertiary, and person A is gunning. This would mean that these three people can keep a tank on the battlefield pretty much all the time.

And again, this is assuming they don't give the driver a small gun. Giving the driver access to something like a small machine gun that can swivel 180 degrees could be useful.
  19. Flukeman62

the harasser is not for quick transport
    it's separate gunner is there because if you tried to drive and gun this thing it would be impossible unless you only shot at things in front of you.
  20. Lyel

Driving the buggy alone is really frigging fun, so there's really no need :D