Why does DBG allows NC's terrible low win rate?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Humoreske, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Lamat

The thing is, NS guns can be reused on all characters for any faction, they would actually make more money on ES weapons if they are good.
  2. Drsexxytime

This is why there's a problem since it takes other factions so long to gear/cert/implant up. It's stupid.

It's absolutely awful to play on this server as anything but VS. Then all the "pro" VS players flocked here as well, and now you have no chance at prime time against VS, unless they're at an extreme PoP disadvantage. They also use some of the cheapest tactics/exploits in the books (hello turrets in trees/rocks, wraiths, vehicles in biolabs/bases/skybridges that shouldn't be there, etc) and many are suspect of "other" exploits as well, like magically swinging around 180 headshots, running snap-shots, etc.

But yeah, Day Break Games refuses to fix this for who knows what reason. This was a problem since day one launch, and never-ever addressed throughout the years. This allots them the fastest certs, the best gear/implants, etc. So what it does is puts NC/TR at a massive disadvantage as a soldier (their weapon handling is super easy, no bullet drop, etc), in vehicles (Magrider is still ridiculous as it ignores physics aka mountain goating and doesn't trigger mines all the time, etc).

This is a massive turn off for vets who distrust daybreak because they just DON'T CARE. And it's even worse for new players, either causing them to quit, or join VS further expanding the problem.

But, Day Break Games just doesn't care. SOE, higby, and smedley had a chance to address the players and fix this long ago, but they didn't. This is why the game fell apart PoP wise. This stigma carried over when they went Day Break Games.

If there's a Planetside 3... and I really-really hope there is. They hopefully learned a LOT from this debacle.
  3. Lamat

Seriously the population is in decline, they need to do something about it, it's getting harder to find good fights.
    • Up x 2
  4. Drsexxytime

Well, the blood is on Day Breaks hands since they REFUSE to fix these issues. These issues were there DAY ONE and haven't done squat to fix them to make NC more viable and TR more attractive. And newbies continue to get wrecked by EZ-mode infantry weapons, vehicles, and more numbers for VS since all the "MLG" and "pros" play there to exploit the VS advantages. You're a new player and you kit out your Prowler/Vanguard and you're ready to go. Just to get wrecked by a Magrider up on a random tree/hill that you can't get to. Logic is lost on this dev.
    • Up x 1
  5. TooFewSecrets

I'd say TR has the highest skill ceiling, then NC, then VS. The issue is that TR weapons are a bit difficult to get into, and NC weapons are still bad even when you hit the skill ceiling, so people just use VS instead.
  6. Rydenan

"Skill ceiling" is the point at which the capabilities of the weapon limit performance, rather than user skill.

This generally corresponds to the weapons' theoretical DPS and TTK. In other words, a perfect user can achieve 100% of the weapon's mathematical DPS and TTK. This is the weapon's "skill ceiling". No amount of skill will allow the user to get more DPS out of the weapon.

Since NC weapons have the lowest DPS and slowest TTK, they therefore have the lowest skill ceiling (contrary to popular belief). Even if the most skilled player on Auraxis picked up the SAW, they can only achieve 1666.7 DPS, not a point more. A skilled Orion user could come along and do 1787.5 DPS, and would thus win the fight every time (again, these are theoretical perfect players).
    Therefore, the Orion has the higher skill ceiling.
  7. TooFewSecrets

Well, then you need more skill to get worse results, which makes the problem even worse. I'm pretty sure the TR would still have the highest ceiling, though.
    • Up x 1
  8. The Shady Engineer

I'd say NC has the highest ceiling but also the highest floor.

NC weapons have the slowest body shot time to kill.
    NC have the slowest fire rates.
    NC have the fastest headshot time to kill.
    NC weapons are the most accurate.

What you get with this combination are weapons that will perform wonders if the operator is capable enough to get the most out of them but at the same time, they aren't easy to use. TR is the complete opposite of that. Weapons that are very easy to use but stunt operator skill with artificial mechanics like high horizontal recoil and long reloads.
  9. TooFewSecrets

They don't have faster headshot TTK, because they have lower TTK overall. If they all had 2.5x headshot multipliers, maybe, but they don't. The only REALLY good ES weapon for the NC is the Cyclone, because it has higher damage at no firerate loss.
    • Up x 1
  10. OneShadowWarrior

New Conglomerate needs some reworking. Terrans got firepower, Vanu got technology...

NC are supposed to have stopping power and suck up damage, at the sacrifice of recoil and when the fights get really big, the NC underperform, because of screeen shake. The vehicles underperform with no redeeming features compared to the NC in the first Planetside.

EXAMPLES;

Let’s be frank, the Gauss rifle is clunky, unrefined, sounds god awful and the scopes are crude.
    The Vanguard is the biggest most worthless tank with no redeeming features.
    Using a Canister for the Reaver or Vehicles as a Anti Infantry is sub par.
    Phoenix needs a dumfire mode, relying on the camera only works when your in a spawn room.
    JackHammer is unexciting, compared to a Minigun (fun mode) or Lasher (spam orbs fun).
    I hate the sounds, scopes and overall look of most of the NC weapons, even the feel is horrible.

I can keep going but you get the idea. Nothing makes them unique.....
  11. The Shady Engineer

167 damage weapons need 3 bullets to the head to kill. 143 damage weapons need 4.

3 rounds at 600 rpm comes out the barrel faster than 4 at 750 rpm.
  12. csvfr

A headshot deals 2x damage on all weapons (at least the LMGs, correct me if I'm wrong) so it takes:

• 4 headshots from a 143 DMG weapon to deal 1144 DMG, killing regular infantry regardless of auxiliary shielding. This can be done by a 750 ROF weapon in 320ms.
    • 6 headshots from a 143 DMG weapon to deal 1716 DMG, killing NMG/Adrenaline HA regardless of auxiliary shielding. This can be done by a 750 ROF weapon in 480ms. Note that 5 bullets deal 1430 DMG, so in many circumstances where the shield is activated "proactively" it will only take 400ms.
    • 3 headshots from a 167 DMG weapon to deal 1002 DMG, killing regular infantry (add a bodyshot for aux shield). This can be done by a 600 ROF weapon in 300 (400) ms.
    • 5 headshots from a 167 DMG weapon to deal 1670 DMG, killing NMG/Adrenaline HA regardless of auxiliary shielding. This can be done by a 600 ROF weapon in 500 ms.
    • 3 headshots from a 200 DMG weapon to deal 1200 DMG, killing regular infantry regardless of auxiliary shielding. This can be done by a 500 ROF weapon in 360ms.
    • 4 headshots from a 200 DMG weapon to deal 1600 DMG, killing NMG/Adrenaline HA regardless of auxiliary shielding. This can be done by a 500 ROF weapon in 480ms, which is exactly the same time as a 750 ROF weapon.
    So the "faster TTK" is not resistant to standard issue auxiliary shield when the skill ceiling is reached. NC's standard issue LMG suffer in your "usual" case because of shield activation drainage. The HA overshield was nerfed for all factions in a patch some years ago, so I don't think there was a conspiracy to cripple NC soldiers from the start. Yet everything else ES with NC (MBT, ESF, Camo, ...) seem to be the worst which is a bit hard to think is coincidental.
    • Up x 1
  13. Lamat

So there you go, even default infantry running the standard auxiliary shield break NC 167 guns for head shots as they require 4 headshots to kill, same as 143 guns that shoot faster, while they are always slower with body shot TTK.
    • Up x 1
  14. The Shady Engineer

Nobody past battle rank 15 runs auxiliary shield.
    When calculating TTK you don't count the first shot since it's instantly released when you hit the trigger. Subsequent shots are subject to a delay depending on how fast the weapon fires.

On non HA infantry, 167 damage weapons kill faster with headshots. On HA it's about the same. That's without taking into account the better accuracy 167 weapons have which makes landing those headshots easier.
    • Up x 1
  15. adamts01

Look, it's a combined arms game, and with the HESH canon combined with so many good top guns the MBT has it pretty good. If you want to focus your build purely against armor and then get caught without air support, that's on you.

To keep things on the right track..... get it? I've top gunned for plenty of tankers in Vanguards who swore up and down they had the best tank in the game. They had elevation and lead mastered and with that AP gun up front, an Enforcer up top, and the shield, air was the single thing we had to worry about in an even numbers fight. But by sticking with terrain which enabled the main gun to get shots, they were more often than not able to chase off air. The more I drive with these guys the more I realize I suck at tanking, and how in the right hands the Vanguard is a beast that can easily solo any other tank. It may be the classic case of NC having the highest skill ceiling. The Mag is definitely easier to use, and it has the ability to boost away after stupid decisions. So I'd agree that for the vast majority of players the Vanguard is likely the worst option, in true NC fashion.

I've actually been arguing for exactly that. The long range pecking in the air is the most annoying thing in the word. But I don't want new noseguns, only less accuracy and a steeper damage falloff to make aircraft get close to their targets. This also solves air squads nosegunning tanks from render range.

I was pointing out that the Vanguard was the hardest tank to kill on Tankbusting/Hornet runs, and the Prowler was the easiest.
  16. Rydenan

167/600 damage weapons have a 0.04s (yes, four hundredths of a second) TTK advantage if you score 3 consecutive headshots at full-auto within maximum damage range with no misses against an unshielded target. Not only is that TTK advantage hilariously small, but the scenario is basically impossible in real gameplay. And in every other scenario, the 167/600 damage gun is at a disadvantage.

Not to mention that we've been discussing LMGs, which are carried by HAs, who have overshields, which means there is no scenario, no matter how theoretical, where the 167/600 gun has a TTK advantage.
    • Up x 2
  17. CaptCran

I played NC long ago ONLY because of the colors. I was on a laptop(potato) for a good 2 years but quit the game after GU13. Tried TR and VS right before the update and decided if I ever come back it's TR all the way and it's been that way since. I had no problems cracking heads as NC but I think the computer I was on was making me curve to choose TR. Still can't pull myself to play VS....
  18. The Shady Engineer

143/750 have a 0.02s faster bodyshot TTK than 167/600 and it's a big enough deal to be considered evidence to support that NC weapons are weak yet a 0.04s difference in headshot TTK is no bigge. Got it.

Chaining headshots is not basically impossible in real gameplay. My accuracy is mediocre at best and I do it all the time. Aim better.

HA vs HA 143/750 vs 167/600 are both roughly in the ~.4s headshot TTK ballpark. Comes down to who can land headshots better. Considering operator skill to be the same, my money is on the one using the more accurate 167 weapon.
    • Up x 1
  19. LordKrelas

What's the Liberator relying on?
    What do aircraft work with exactly?
    Lone Wolf ESFs, to the Solo Liberators, they exist near each other but need not speak.
    Any 3-man Liberator, doesn't need to coordinate outside those in the same aircraft.

How about that MBT?
    It has it pretty good eh? Tank mines, AV that kills, Directional armor, and if it doesn't pick an AA top-gun, less chance of survival against lone-aircraft, and if it picks that top-gun, the more common opponents then have grand odds.

Tank Buster (as why bother with the rest), any Belly-gun, pick any (poor) tail gun, and you can handle anything.
    MBT, has it so good, with less speed, less maneuverability.... vulnerability at all times.
    2 guns, rather than 3, lack of gunner cuts tank power in half..
    Lib? Solo, means lethal against any ground target, Gunner? Takes a backseat to the Pilot for engaging threats.
    Yet the Gunner has the biggest gun on the aircraft - If it was a tank, that gun would be the main weapon, not the smaller nose-gun.

Those Tankers are right only in 1v1 matches.
    Which should be about right, given it's the tank designed to endure, if the artillery tank or agility tank could win in a face-tanking contest, then the Vanguard would be a design failure of critical levels.
    Mind you, no Vanguard is surviving anything else after said match.

Take Elevation, a terrain allowed situation, that aircraft can see ahead of time, and account for.
    Tank itself, must pray the aircraft not only doesn't engage from where the angle is worthless, but also doesn't pay attention to their surroundings.
    Which I can imagine, given Tankers have issue with C-4 to at least remind them.
    Aircraft have little to remind that sitting still in a battle zone is... how to die.
    Any Pilot letting a massive terrain feature, with the sole angle to their height \ position... deserves it.
    but it does not make it practical - it replies on the Pilot not actually taking stock or knowing the place.
    Try that trick twice on the same pilot, if it works; Pilot is a ******* idiot, or was devoted to the attack run.
    Which is the price for ground vehicles & infantry, if they go too deep; Something air often forgets.

I was speaking of the idea, once the ESF spots you, it's highly accurate close-range blast leaves you no hope of living beyond the smallest chances.
    As well, even then, it doesn't mean Aircraft need anything but aircraft.
    Tanks? AA tanks, Aircraft, Infantry.
    AA tanks? Everything...
    Aircraft? What the **** for.
    Combined arms: Aircraft if it could capture points, and spawn more than squad members, would have no use for the ground.
    To kill? None.
    Any target? Any target.
    AA must be dedicated with severe loss against all targets.
    Aircraft AV, AI, AA, no such loses.
    Universally effective to a degree, even with nose-guns.

Vanguard mystically being the hardest with the fatal one-sided engagement that kills everything else...
    Doesn't put it high up there, given it still dies, and used to die to singular Hornet runs before fixed.
    Similar to how a Tank Buster basically one-clipped anything, and was a one-sided affair.
    Tank can't run, rotation is a two-sided sword, anything else gets free rear shots, and unless the Lib by choice lets itself enter the elevation & firing cone of numerous vehicles... the Solo Lib has no troubles.

The MBT is expected to be fully manned to engage, a Solo MBT is expected & easily accepted to die.
    The Solo Liberator is apparently expected to off MBTs whom must hear it, and react to it as if nothing else existed.
    - Which still ends in the death of the two-manned MBT, which literally had no choice.
    Liberators complain about ESFs hunting them down... Try without a boost button, and having to handle terrain.

Air is the only thing, that needs cooperation to kill 1 man, when it's being used by that 1 man.
    Only Air needs no one, to kill any target it sets eyes upon.

NC's reaver is more likely to be hit by tank cannons.
    Thank ****, the Vanguard has velocity, it doesn't have much else, beyond 1v1'ing opposing tanks whom are idiots.

Combined arms, seems to lack any purpose to air.
    AA? Air can kill it.
    Tanks? Air.
    Air? Best done by Air.
    infantry? Air.

What kind of air? Any Combat-aircraft.
    Lightnings, MBT's? Depends entirely on load-out & target.
    Max units? barely.
    Infantry, heavy assault barely.

NC has a lot of issues.
    They certainly have no advantage against the smallest aircraft, and the gunship of hell.
    With being the easiest to damn well see & hear, also doesn't help NC avoid aircraft.
  20. LaLaBear

And lockdown was a "you're permanently spawncamped" button without a cooldown while the magburn was a "I instantly escape up a steep cliff you can't follow" button. Every tank has to have SOME advantage, whether it's movement, armor or damage based. Even a vulcan harasser was able to out damage the vanguard shield from the rear faster than you could land 3 shots. First compare the MBTs based on how well they can fight other ground vehicles. Air is a whole other balance issue and we all know nobody is going to rely on Reavers air to take out prowlers & magriders.

I'm not going to continue wasting my time repeat posting TTKs if you aren't reading them. Calculate a scenario in which a vanguard wins against a prowler face to face. Because it doesn't even if the vanguard shoots first. Why again would you take a vanguard in a 1v1?