Why do engineers get AP mines?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Taiga, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Taiga

As far as I've seen, the plague of unskilled AP mine users are just a bunch of bumbling engineer trash that lack enough gun skill to get kills and don't feel like improving their level of skill. AP mines for engineers is a joke. just a cop out for bad players and a trolling tool for good ones.
  2. XDDante

is use them to defend friendly outpost or taking enemy outpost...as far of that i don't see any offensive capability unless you are an Infiltrator...
  3. Blackoth

sounds like you have walked over too many mines today, not my fault people run headlong into an enemy position and dont expect it to be mined
    • Up x 7
  4. Taiga

They should ONLY be infiltrator use. it makes sense for a class that can go invisible and make use of a surprise attack tactic to be able to lay traps, but an engineer that already has access to a CARBINE with a GRENADE LAUNCHER and a AV TURRET should be limited in his ability to kill without even seeing his enemy. i would be a little more okay with engineers have AP mines if they despawned when the user died. but as of right now it's more like "haha, i layed that mine 30 minutes ago and it got a kill, i totally didn't deserve that, haha" but seriously, the engineer has enough access to firepower, he doesn't deserve AP mines.
  5. cann0nf0dder

not my problem when people like using other defensive suits then flak, which would have saved your neck ;)
    • Up x 3
  6. Taiga

so you are telling me that i should completely give up a usefull suit slot because some random scrub will lay down a ZERO skill instakill AP mine that are practically invisible unless put on snow. you sir should be on the balance team, you know how to do it.
  7. cann0nf0dder

yeah, by your logic i would promote infiltrators to be the new demolition class and remove c4, ap and av mines from engineers to infiltrators ... as infiltrators in their offensive role should be able to blow up enemy supply way behind the front lines ... welcome my fellow balance team member

point is, it doesn't matter what class uses them, they will still 0hk you until you chose to wear a flak armor, if you don't see the necessarity of wearing one, see you next life ;)
    • Up x 4
  8. Soundmonitor

Engie = defensive class
    • Up x 6
  9. XDDante

well it makes sense to me that that Engineer can get access to AP/AV Mines,AV/AI Turrets because i see it to be more of a defense class rather than an offensive one,and that's even more pronounced with the recent changes,Under-barrel Grenade Launcher blast radius was nerfed,AV Mines that can no longer explode if placed on top of vehicles and non moving vehicles,also see the AV Turret being nerfed on the range of the missile can hit a vehicle due to all the complains from vehicle user,that will make the Engineer even more a defense class, the only offensive tools given to you will be the Carbine and AP Mines...and that is if we keep the AP Mines.
  10. ejj123

im srry all the engi's untilitys have been nerfed and you want to neft the one thats not been hit yet

c4=usless againt sunders without a UGL since they vanish on death

AT mines now need to be shot to blow up or untill the target moves= huge nerf as it was ment to stop them blowing up them when placed ontop of things.

AP mines are a tactical tool which is a good way for a small squad to defend a place.
  11. PaladinZERO

Lets see, defending a point with 2 ways to get in, AP mine one, and watch the other. I think someone is QQ as they stepped on a mine.
    • Up x 4
  12. beefrobo

Pardon me, but not all engineers just toss AP mines around. Consider that some of them may belong to Infiltrators. I personally use AP mines to defend points as well as defend my sunderers. For example, I parked buy a building and dropped AP mines around inside. These mines stopped 2 enemies from coming and blowing up my sunderer.

Engineers need access to all mines for defense.
    • Up x 3
  13. Ganjis

Yesterday I repaired a generator after placing a couple of AP mines to cover the entrances. 30 seconds after leaving the room they each killed someone about a second apart, hilarious. Little tip, when Betty says "Generator repaired" it means an engineer has just been there.
    • Up x 9
  14. SpaceHobo

• Up x 1
  15. Taiga

My point is that engineers have enough access to firepower, they don't need/deserve ultra cheap 1 shot infantry mines that require absolutely zero skill to use. Any person with less IQ points that an acorn could figure out to "strategically" place them near doorways/chokepoints, but that does not mean that they require "skill". I either want AP mines to despawn when i kill the enginerr(which i do most of the time because a majority of AP mine engies f*cking suck) or i want them to be infiltrator only.
  16. Dalzaar¤

Oh I love AP mines,they have saved my skin on many ocations.Few days ago I ran into a small group of NC at some far-off little base and I had to run into a nearby building,as I entered I slapped one mine down and rushed to the other door and slapped another there and then I went upstairs to make my stand,the mines killed a guy each and I easily gunned down the last guy.After that I went to a terminal to get AV mines and proceeded to blow up their sundy(by shooting at the AV mines) and then with AP mines and shooting I killed what was left of em and managed to defend the base.

Also I usually avoid placing AP mines in the obvious places since people expect those places to be mined and will take time to clear em out.When I place mines in odd places and someone dies to them I get this satisfied feeling as I just predicted that someone would use that path and now they are dead.
  17. SiosDashcR

If this is true - Then why don't you have the IQ level to idk .. Predict where those mines will be as you'll know they'll be in a strategic spot.
    Seems to me that not only do they lack skill - but so do you and your situational awareness as well as ability to see where the important choke points are.
    • Up x 5
  18. makrome

the rage is strong in this one.

but nontheless, all hail our new 1337 overlord.
    • Up x 13
  19. khai

If you think about it logically who else would get mines? and should we really be trusting every person who walks in off the street with a jetpack and C4 I mean come on most of them don't even place it they simply drop it from 10 feet above the tank and expect it to land shaped charge down. But really who should have them HA? LA? Medics? your choices are limited here sure maybe Infiltrator like you suggest but I would think that should be an also not an instead of because if your argument is that bad Engineers are placing them in places you do not like imaging those same people with a cloak.
  20. X3Killjaeden

yes AP kills are kills that require no skill to kill no skill players...
    I also rage when i run over AP mines, but about my own stupidity instead of the mine itself.
    They also cost ressources and 2 AP mines give 200xp... with AV mines you get 500+ XP and way beyond 1000+ if you are lucky. If no flakarmor or mineguard is involved, in that case it's 0.
    • Up x 4