Why do engineers get AP mines?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Taiga, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Grumpymunky

I'll go one better. Last time my death-screen showed the guy running off in *that* direction, I counted down "3... 2... 1... BOOM!!!" timed precisely to the moment he stepped on it. Like magic.
    • Up x 2
  2. JudgeDeath

Nothing like getting taken down and then hearing that sweet sweet karma-BOOM and seeing the kill notification.
  3. Caydn

Its not a joke , I play engineer and have the aurxian medal for it
    O god what a load of whinning drivel
  4. Caydn

It can be either Ive killed hundred of vehicles
  5. Caydn

You need to make homophobic comments about poor old mines ?
  6. smoke eater

waaa waaa waaa. I ran over a mine and died. It must be OP, I need a tissue.

Seriously, stop running into rooms. Stop before a doorway, throw in a grenade or whatever. Take a look around first, running in is what kills the lemmings. I deserve the XP for the persons stupidity. Just like when I get blown up I realize that I should have known better, since that mine is where I would have placed my mine.

All those things you listed that the engineer has cost certs. I don't have all those things you listed, they take a lot of certs to max out everything. Placing mines in strategic places is part of the game. I repair something, I place a mine behind me. I protect a generator by placing a mine near it. Doorways are great places to set traps. People who blindly run into every room, they are skill less lemmings.
  7. Singed

I would say mines are the main reason why I run flak on all of my classes. I feel so at peace denying people kills while consuming their resources at the same time. Keep on layin' em boys. My feet are well protected.
  8. ironeddie

Ok the OP is just raging at being killed with mines. But I thought this could be a reasoned argument on ap mines being right for engineers. I play engi, I use AP more than AT. But I think you could make an argument for engineers being about blowing up big things, in this game vehicles so engineers use AT mines & the AV turret.

Whilst AP mines are a bit like booby traps a bit stealthy & maybe better suited as a specific weapon for infiltrators or dare I say light assault.
  9. smoke eater

You are the person I dislike. The one that thinks and prepares for the battle rather than running around like a lemming. There are times that I hear the mine explode and no kill notice pops up. Now I gotta stop whatever I am doing and try to hunt you down before you get me. Or you may have destroyed the generator that I placed a mine near to protect it. Which means now I have to repair the generator and watch my back because you are alive and may be setting a trap for me.
    Damn those skill-less players who wear flak.
  10. Tanelorn

Rage thread, OP?

In real life, ALL mines are placed (and retrieved) by engineers or general infantry with special training (except claymores). The issue is the failed implementation of the ACE tool.
  11. Holomang

You sound mad.

Take a deep breath and count to 10.
  12. Nyscha

I love proxi mines, they are perfect to killing people and then having the giggle when someone blows it up and dies and trying to image their rage in real life.
  13. Windreaper

Nothing like blowing up those ghost cappers and gen flippers, no free XP for you sirs. Maybe you shouldn't have complained about AV mines.
  14. Zsaryna A

Either that or he's having serious rendering issues that turn all mines on his screen into pork meatballs. But if that's the case I don't even want to know what the shoulder launchers look like.
    Op, keep on fighting the good fight, your delicious tears me my day at work not quite so long and tedious
    • Up x 1
  15. SirIBON

AP are the Engineers "Recon Detect Device".

I think Flak Armour is the best choice for an Engineer under Fire. Not special for APs, more for indirect Tank- and Airattacks.
  16. Yerk

Proximity mines aren't cheap. They cost 75 infantry resource points. So, use them or use a Max. At 750 resource cap you can't use both.
  17. Selerox

I usually use mines to cover my back if I'm defending a CP/generator. Or if I'm attacking a control point or generator, and need to soften up any counter-attack before it reaches me. I very rarely drop them and leave them. I'd say the vast majority of my mine kills have happened within 20m of me.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ronin Oni

You can if you've stockpiled all your consumables....

which is easier to do if you spend time in vehicles at least now and then so you aren't always burning them either.......
  19. Kyouki

It sounds to me like you're the one with no skill. Learn to play and adapt. If engies didnt have mines everyone would switch to infiltrator to lay down mines and switch back to engie for the tank mines. This will not change anything besides the certs required to drop 2 mines. Who needs skill when you have 100 round mags? just spray and prey away you no skill heavy.
  20. smoke eater

Are mines really skill-less? I don't think so. An engineer doesn't just run around putting down mines, it would be a waste. They cost resources, so every time we put one down it costs us. We have a limit to how many we can put down, so we don't just spam an area with mines in the 'hopes' of killing something. We have to think about where are we going to place the mine and whether it will kill someone. I have to think about where I am going next and whether I need mines there, after all, if I place mines and it doesn't kill someone and then I rearm my character and place new mines, I have just wasted 150 resources. I have to put them somewhere that I think will kill an enemy. That mine that killed you, the person thought most likely within the next few minutes someone will pass that area and took the time out to plant the mine. Oh wait, that is a tactic....
    • Up x 3