[BUG] Why are claymores still broken with no lasers projecting from them?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RaskolBandit, Dec 4, 2014.

1. RaskolBandit

Bumping for relevance.
  2. Steza

It's alive! IT'S ALIVE!

two cents for this coming back lasers should stay away EOD hud was created use that no mines will ever escape you. Plus the lasers stuck out to much notifying everyone about to go up the stairs that the green laser o doom is there better move a foot or two away.
  3. Village

So then it would be fair for the lights to be completely removed from the other AP mines then yes? Since claymores effectively have no lights.
    • Up x 2
  4. Steza

Yep I'd be for that it's hard to miss pancakes sitting on the ground.
  5. Goldmonk

*facepalm* why did you revive a dead thread?
  6. HAXTIME

Nice necro.
  7. Dgross

Edit: that'll teach me for posting before reading the dates...

If you need tiny green lasers to point out a giant red box sticking half a foot off the ground, I don't think the problem is the tiny green lasers.

This thread wasn't relevant when it was made and it still isn't relevant now.
  8. Jubikus

Claymores used to have very visible lasers the problem then was not only did they stand up so you couldnt put them at the top of stairways but you also couldnt put them off to the side cause the lasers stuck out and were too easy to spot without ever laying eyes on the claymore itself during this time period claymores preformed very poorly compared to its counterparts. visibility i dont think is an issue if somone checks corners properly claymores are very easy to spot since they are standing blocks.

Without the lasers Claymores preform better than the other mines but this has to do with their design the claymore has a blast cone so you have to walk in front of it but it has a bit more power in that area its a trade off do to the limitations of the claymore they kill more because if you set one off you die however with the other 2 they can be jumped away from and people will survive the blast this is why you will often see people stack BB an Prox mines.

Now as to what you do to claymores well i dont know they preform better than the others but its because people simply have adapted better to countering the others by running away and only getting clipped by the blast because it sets off in an unideal position because its detection radius is a full circle as to where with the claymores its more restricted blast area if its not setting off on somone thats right in its kill area its not going to go off at all.

My suggestion and this is from my personal experience on planetside is to put your BB and Prox mines where people put there claymores i see people just throw prox mines and BB everywhere in middles of rooms fields walkways they have terrible placement youll hardly ever see this with claymores because they stand up and without lights are still easier to see than the others. We put them in cover.
  9. Farlion

Stopped reading when it said Claymores are the best AP mine.
  10. orangejedi829

Sarcasm?
    • Up x 1
  11. Pelojian

Claymores are easily countered, it's called:

*look around BOTH sides of the door! (instead of u know rushing through every door to get to the fight!)
    *carefully at a distance look around 90 degree corners (weird i KNOW not to leeroy around the corner)
    *approach crates and other cover along your path of advance with caution.
    *EOD

prox mines
    *Carefully advance up stairs
    *avoid shrubbery you can walk through
    *carefully look around corners
    *EOD

You can use prox mines just like claymores you just need to deploy two instead of one for a 2 stage assured kill.
  12. Farlion

If only.
  13. orangejedi829

Stats show claymore outperforming the other two mines by a huge statistical margin, so...
    • Up x 1
  14. f0d

• Up x 1
  15. Asageh

Claymores aren't easier to see, I have a easier time spotting Proxy Mines and Betties than I do with Claymores.