[BUG] Why are claymores still broken with no lasers projecting from them?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RaskolBandit, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Runegrace

Citing KPH on the mines is kinda stupid. Notice how the mines get about 2-3 kills EVERY MINUTE with an extremely high KPH? That stat measures EQUIP TIME. You pull out the mine, place it, then the timer stops. The time the mine is on the field is not recorded, just how long the mine is in the player's hands before tossing it.

With Claymores you always equip then toss it, bringing up the KPH. NC and VS have suicide infils who equip them, cloak, then run around looking for a group to Kamikaze against. This pulls down the KPH on those two mines. Not that I think the mines are completely balanced, but KPH just isn't useful for proving it.

I'd like to see VS mines either have the delay removed, or gain the ability to toss them on walls like C4.

NC I think should keep the delay (due to BB animation), but then get a slight buff in explosive radius.
    • Up x 2
  2. FieldMarshall

This is balanced by the fact that claymores randomly decide to face wherever they want.
  3. Xasapis

Kills per hour. What equipping has to do with anything?
  4. FateJH

I've seen doorways and hallways littered with Claymores. The mines of the other factions are like hermits from my perspective.
  5. FnkyTwn

[IMG]

Looks like all the mines have the exact same kill stats. No matter which stat you sort by, so clearly they're exactly like the other two factions mines. Nothing to see here. Why are we even talking about this?

Hey look there's a new long range NS pistol coming out. We should talk about that now. Or let's talk about jiggly soaped up ( . ) ( . )'s - Anything other than Claymores being better than the other factions mines.

/Topic is now closed
    • Up x 1
  6. Goldmonk

OH glory of glories!
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. Runegrace

The PER HOUR is determined by equip time. KPH is NOT the average number of kills on the server every hour with a weapon, as that would be skewed by faction population.
  8. HappyStuffin

I have never seen the claymore lasers honestly. I usually also get caught off-guard by them and consequently die from my carelessness. That being said, I expect this to happen and I believe the claymore's are functioning as intended.

For what it's worth, I play NC.
  9. Xasapis

Claymore lasers don't show for enemies, only for allies.

Are you sure about that? It seems a pretty straight forward statisstic. How many people died in an hour from Claymores? X. Average that for a day and you get your KPH for that day.
    • Up x 1
  10. Runegrace

It's per hour of use, because otherwise you might as well just look at the raw number of kills data, which again would then be skewed by faction population.

It's the same reason why AA secondaries on tanks have oddly high KPH, they're often used in 1/2 tanks and the driver just hot-swaps to them when an aircraft is around. Only the time they are in the secondary slot contributes towards the Per Hour (try looking at your "time with" stat on weapons). Kills Per Hour (of use) is a handy stat to help get a picture of item performance, but for things where you only briefly wield them it gets a bit weird.
  11. Xasapis

I think you are talking about KPU while viewing KPH.

I don't even understsand the point you're trying to make. The Claymores are the best performing mines in the game. Do you dispute that?
  12. Goldmonk

No doubt about it. But is it wrong for the factions to each have bests in certain categories? Or should everyone be on an absolutely level playing field where every weapon has the same stats across the board?
  13. Crayv

Claymores are the only mine you can safely destroy with a knife. They are that bad.
  14. Xasapis

Absolutely not. As I said in another thread about another weapon, best in each category is natural and perfectly valid to exist. Some people associate top performance with overperformance, which it can happen, but is not a direct association.

In this case, the Claymore is indeed a top performer, though it doesn't seem to overperform compared to the other mines.
    • Up x 1
  15. Runegrace

KPU is kills per unique, it's something entirely different than KPH.

All I'm disputing is using KPH for determining the best mine, especially if you continue to believe that it's per hour of real-life time. In which case we should just balance based on number of kills. All the default guns would come up as OP, and whatever faction had the highest pop would get nerfed the most, because they would have the most people getting kills.
  16. Vaphell

So you are saying the TR complaining 2 years ago about their lazor embellished mines as compared to low key, no delay, no blinkenlights betties and proxies were full of ****?

Mines at the release: NC, VS >> TR
    Mines now: NC, VS << TR

I don't know about you, but i think both situations are fundamentally unfair. "Different" doesn't mean "significant difference in utility and outcomes". Currently betties and proxy mines are trash - too visible, too easy to avoid lethal damage. Outside of stacking 2 there is no amount of skill that can make them work against non-Stevie Wonders.
  17. Xasapis

Yes, but TR can't really frizby theirs, so you see less usage due to that. In other words, TR mines are better for Engineers, rest better for Infiltrators.
  18. MarkAntony

the real question is why the other AP mines are broken and have lights on them. It's stupid for AP mines to have lights.
  19. FnkyTwn

Claymores are broken not only for their lack of lasers, but also for their directional killing ability. And at least NC mines are flat little disks on the ground, unlike the 3 blinking light VS variety.

[IMG]
  20. Vaphell

wasn't the arming delay increased some time ago to something like 2-3 seconds? and if in the age of dildars you let someone to run in the middle of your pack and drop frisbies, that's on you. Chances are that, unlike the C4 falling under your feet out of the blue, the delivery guy was on your eye level.
    Also let's not justify tools being worthless at their supposed jobs because you can pull some cheese with them.