[BUG] Why are claymores still broken with no lasers projecting from them?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RaskolBandit, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Arsonix

So changing who gets the AP mines means you hate faction differences? You admit you knew nothing about them yet the game never hid it from you that they behave differently. Do I dare say it is possible it is such a minor part of the game that changing them around might actually have a negligible effect on how different the factions feel as a whole?

You put faction differences on a pedestal but when two factions share absolutely no faction difference in some respect it doesn't matter. At least you don't hide your favoritism. You say you have played all 3 factions yet you fly only the TR flag in your signature and avatar.

Sorry "muh faction differences" is not an argument. It's such replies that cause me to lose faith in forumside more and more each day. You're just stifling the people who actually want to actually see real faction differences. If you want to make an argument on how the BB and PM are different be my guest. I need the entertainment.
  2. Kunavi

Oh VS... "NURF TEH TR" in every TR related thread, masked by obscure metrics, grand statements and spreading panic.
  3. Arsonix

[IMG]

I seriously need to take a break from these forums. The stupidity is finally getting to me.
  4. Xasapis

In what way obscure? It's common knowledge that TR AI mines are the best in the game. The only downside is that you can't frisbee them.

(Despite popular belief, having something being best in game is perfectly fine. It's just that too many people confuse that with overpowered.)
  5. Outreach

Yeah stop. It's not hitscan no matter how much you try to word play it up. It's not hitscan, it's not even close to hitscan. And by your ******** reasoning the vanguard and prowler have hitscan mainguns so you don't have any right to cry about it. Took a look at your post, don't see you crying about that.
  6. zu2

25 percent is nothing. DOZENS of weapons (or at least a score) are 25 percent or larger kph relative to their counterparts. If we are going to balance Claymores based on kph, get ready for all kinds of weapons balances. The kph could be due to a variety of factors not related to Claymores being "better". For example, because of the problems claymores have had in the past, users have had to be quite dedicated and have learned to place them so as to produce more kills on average than proxy or bbs. Another possibility: there are more truly dedicated users of claymores than of proxies or bbs, thus skewing the kph. For example, the typical kpu for claymores on any one day is around 3, whereas my number of claymore kills per day is around 30.

I doubt mines will be rebalanced much due to the fact there is now a hard counter to them: eod implant. That said, because of this hard counter, I think the lights on bbs and proxies needs to be eliminated or toned down since that was implemented to balance the fact claymores were more easily detected due to their elevated height.
  7. Goldmonk

Someone gets it! [IMG]
    Although seriously, everyone has the best something.
    TR: Best AI Mine and Best Nose Gun (Banshee) (before the apparent nerf that is upon us)
    NC: Best Shotgun (Jackhammer) and Best DPS all around
    VS: Best Rocket Launcher (Lancer from what I've heard) and Best Fighter (Scythe)
  8. Jaquio

I think all the AI mines should be less visible.

I have no issue with the claymore. I tend to see them way more than the VS mines. Half the time I see them just in time and step back. The other half of the time I see them a fraction too late and "clever girl" flashes through my mind as they blow.
  9. Ikarius77

Why... ?

whats its the trully impact of mines in base cap gameplay compared with other weapons or AV Max capacity for example?

Why falcons/ravens/banshee/bettelgeuse/200 damage tier weapons etc etc etc... shouldn't be shared across all factions and this yes... ?.

We must scan all kph between all weapons and shared all??...

I'm really tired of this type of posts... Unbalance <---> Faction Flavour... people it's a little hypocritical.
  10. Alan Kalane

Last time I checked Claymores had the same radious and damage as the Betty or Proxy Mine...AND it's directional. So unless that changed I'd say they are actually worse than VS/NC mines

10 out of 10, you almost got me. This is the best joke I've heard in a while...
  11. Gibstormv2

Claymores have a smaller trigger area but are more likely to kill you when they do go off.
    BB/PM have a much bigger trigger area you can cover more area with less mines......but have a lower chance to kill their target.

BB/PM are better death frisbees

Both mines just do different things better. It would be interesting to see how much /assist kills the mines get.
  12. Alan Kalane

Aaaand that's because? As I said unless they changed it they've got the same damage and blast radious,just directional.
  13. LT_Latency

Claymores exploded instantly when triggered and do a little more damage.
  14. lothbrook

Claymores do 1300 damage out to 3m, BBs and Prox mines do 1000 damage out to 2m, so yes claymores do more damage and kill more than 1m further than the other mines while having an instant detonation, it being directional means almost nothing because the only time you drop a prox or BB with enemies 360 degrees is when you're throwing them at enemies grouped up and too stupid to shoot the ripples running toward them.
  15. Gazatron

You clearly are only interested in arguing with me rather than understanding what I'm saying. What did I say IN MY VERY FIRST POST?
    I haven't copied it but went something like this, "Since when does best mean, must be nerfed?" Sounds familiar?

I have never once said that the claymore is NOT better than the other factions but what I'm saying is that the claymore isn't the issue. As I'm pretty sure I've made clear the problem isn't the claymore, the problem is on the delay of the other two.

Your making an unwinnable situation anyway because first your crying about detonation times and then blast radius. No doubt even if the others had instantaneous detonations you would still cry about the blast radius of the claymore. I'm ending our dialogue here because you still haven't presented a consistent and BALANCED argument to adjust the AI mines.

If it was your way the claymore would be useless as it would have a delay and a smaller kill radius.

You can only pick one buddy
  16. JRCoonington

best shotgun? yes but blah. best DPS? actually the opposite... TR get highest DPS guns across the board, and NC get the lowest (cyclone is the only exception i know of, as it out DPS's the eridani)
    as for the topic, i dont understand why its so hard to admit the claymores are flat out better. they can be hidden out of LOS, still have larger AOE, and go off instantly. in fact they're the only AP mines i have trouble with, seeing as how the other two essentially NEED to be visible before coming within proximity and are more easily visible to begin with, because glowing IM HERE lights....
  17. cykael

Don't think I've cried anywhere, I merely pointed out Claymore is much stronger than the other counterparts and it's a completely skilless device, which both are true.

Also lol at "your".
  18. Asageh

I found the best way to counter claymores in any situation is to run with a less combat effective implant, the EOD HUD. You trade off less camera shake to be able to actually seeing TR AI mines.
  19. RaskolBandit

This is still a problem.
  20. Goldmonk

It really isn't. It's our OP toy. NC has the Jackhammer and the VS has the Lancer. Call it a fair trade.