Where LA should be headed...

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Ghostloadout, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Dkamanus

As I said, some disruptor would be nice. But then some base mechanics should be remade. They could give us an extra utility slot. 2 Slots for 2 out of 3 items. Flashbangs, smoke grenades, some sort of "Adaptive Nano Disruptor" used for a lot of base disruption (would require some sort of placement) and C4.

As said, the jetpack alone is quite good (and specially useful when being the squad leader) with all the climbing and jumping down and reaching good places, but some extra utility should be brought to the light assault.
  2. Halfhanded

I suppose I could love LA more (I play them exclusively), but I don't necessarily think they need new toys. Maybe strip the bugs out of my jetpack so it works 100% of the time, and maybe boost its recharge and max capacity by a bit so it starts to even slightly resemble that badass trailer someone posted earlier. Then fix my under-slung grenade launcher so it doesn't do 0 damage part of time.

For people looking for a "passive" XP/cert gain tool, look at the Spot button (default Q) for a quick 10 - 20 xp per target spotted that is killed by your friends (more if they're in your squad). Perfect for use from your high vantage points. Also, look at spending a few points in Squad Leader. You get 10xp for each squad member that spawns on your beacon, and IMO, LA are the best equipped class to get the beacons in where they can really turn the tide. On top of the labs, behind the hill, at the exterior capture points.

Maybe make the Adrenaline Pump another Skill Slot outside of the Jet Pack? To free up the ability for extra grenades, or shield/armor. If you're not moving, you're dead. That's LA. The adrenaline pump could be another good class differentiator. Even when you manage to find the sweet spot above the front line and rain grenades into the group, fire and move. Never stay put. And remember that your main job is to harass. If you don't get the kill, take a few shots and keep moving. After a few assists, you'll get the same amount of XP. And while they're searching for the dude that plunked them in the face for half their shield HP, your HA and MAX buddies are mowing them down and filling your cert pockets.

This class is the thing that keeps me coming back to PS2 again and again. There are frustrating times (a lot of suicide falls), but there are glorious times. I'm sure SOE will make us better, but as others have said, I don't want LA to be the next flavor of the month only to get nerfed in two months. I want a stable set of unique tools that work 100% of the time. That's it.
    • Up x 2
  3. PaintedDeathAW

I've actually suggested this before also. Instead of the Adrenaline Pump being a constant 8% speed increase, make it a replacement for the jet packs and make it a skill you activate like the HA shields. A temporary increase of blinding speed. I'd use it.
  4. HerpTheDerp

Actually spotting is always a risk, because other players can hear your voice. The three factions have different voices(both male and female) so anyone worth their proverbial bonus check will quickly realize there's a hostile in the area and the direction he's in, which for LA usually means quick death.

Though this in itself is a good idea: give LA a spotting tool, something that you have to pull out to use, and when you aim it at an enemy it automatically and silently spots him. Upgrades could be more range, quicker spotting, or even IR/NV abilities.
  5. Qauron

Adding more automated radar to the game is a horrible idea and OP should feel terrible. The class does need more tools but automated radar is just.. No.
  6. Ghostloadout

So after a long hard thinking on this subject, I've changed my mind.

LA should have a replacement for the jetpack in the form of bionics (Run really fast jump really high for a short period while activated)
    I feel this would change up the class to be a very effective fast action capper as well as being able to run and jump into windows, while you'd be much easier to hit in a direct firefight, that's where the jump jets are good. Bionics would be activated with F and give a NMG type look to your leg area, i don't feel this would overpower the class, as it's basically a crappy jetpack that makes you capable of running fast.

The second idea, is a gauntlet type tool, in the 3rd slot like the engy's repair tool.
    It gives a short range grappling hook (mentioned in a previous form, don't remember his name) that would give maybe 5-8 seconds of holding onto a vehicle/wall.
    Now what makes this different, is a arm mounted pile driver on your left arm, i fell that this would be a GREAT melee weapon that would not be insanely OP or useless, being able to grapple onto a tank and press "E" with your grappling hook out would be a good way to destroy them.

Possible stats
    Bionics - 3-5 second boost to mobility that adds incredible sprint speed (up to 200% percent, like MAX dash), as well as being able to jump and reducing the charge by 2.5 seconds (Jump height around 3-4 meters, perfect for crouch jumping into buildings and quick getaways) Also changes visual aesthetic to be a bit more like engy composite armor. - Possible

Grapple Gauntlet - Changes the LA to have a gauntlet on the left arm
    Has 3 different faction types, like the rocket launchers they are all the same, but look different
    NC would probably look alot like a mining tool, TR's would look like a proper lance grappling hook, and vanu's is a !@#$ing laser beam.
    Range 1-1.5 meters
    Time active - 5-8 seconds cooldown - 12-10 seconds
    Grapples can aim down sights (just cause)

Pile Driver
    Powerful melee weapon that must be "recharged" after every use, only activated when the grapple is out.
    Damage- About 40% to a MBT's rear armor, can be used while grappled
    Reload time - 2-3 seconds?
    45% damage to maxes
    Activated with "E" with grapple out

For an idea of what they should look like (copy and paste it) - Grappling hook
    http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10...w=252&start=0&ndsp=34&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:97

Should be much smaller and attached to armlet just think of it - Pile driver
    http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&...w=262&start=0&ndsp=48&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:88

Sorry about this insanely long reply to my own post.
  7. Wolfwood82

We do need some level of team play going for us though. The role of lonewolf commando works but the DEVs want us geared towards 1vs1 combat and if we became the ultimate duelists, chances are we would suddenly suck at what we are currently great at, sabotage and disruption.
  8. MasterCheef

I'd like a way to drop down on top of enemies and injure them.

I'd also like a passive than uses any reserve jump jet fuel to automatically kick in and slow any falls to prevent injury. I know its not really necessary, but it would a cool little upgrade to spend some extra certs on. I think it would be most useful when you're trying to aim your weapons from the air after a jump- not having to worry about a safe landing would allow you to focus just a bit more on aiming.
  9. HerpTheDerp

10. Voidreaperx

This is so true, my TR outfit has its own platoon of full LAs n we call ourselves Hell Jumpers haha. Before the tech plant nerf we'd all gather around the sides of their force field you can jump over and then all at once fly over it en masse, destroy the few resistence there and then blow the gen, defending it while it went and allowed the main force to flood in with the tank armada. Probably one of the favorite moments of any video game. Ever. Oh and only LA can do that.
  11. Voidreaperx

I wanna mow down an entire gal's transported squad running across its roof n then kill the pilot like a baws n fight another LA in a knife fight all the while missles n bullets n micheal bay explosions are everywhere too!
  12. BadHabitz

IF changes need to be made...

1) Substitute C4 with 'E-RDX', which graphically would be the same, except have twice the damage output as C4. This way one pack would destroy a vehicle, emplacement, etc. If that's too much, switch it from being remote activated to being on a timer, which only works if the LA survives (in that case add E-RDX with C4 instead of replacing it).
    2) Give LA the ability to destroy terminals using the same interface as Infiltrator hacking. If an enemy is in a turret when this is done then the enemy is killed.

LA is really good as it it. It might not be a major contributor in zerg warfare, but not every class should be. Depending on the battle, if I feel that my LA isn't cutting it I'll run to the nearest Sundy and grab a MAX, but that doesn't happen often.
    If you're going to tweak LA, make it better at what it's already good at, instead of trying to make it do other things.