Where LA should be headed...

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Ghostloadout, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Dytch

Well the vast majority sees something you don't I guess *shrugs* as well as the devs. So just set back and enjoy and when the patch goes live and we get the "love" Higby has been talkin about, you will enjoy the class even more.
    • Up x 1
  2. Dytch

Problem is if you have scaled down graphics you can see through smoke grenades lol. I just hope you're trying that tactic on someone with an awesome PC. ;P
  3. Dytch

The LA doesn't have as much as the other classes have, read my post directly above yours. Nobody is saying we can't kill people, it's that we don't bring as much to the team, and this is a team based game. Everyone who says they're fine is giving examples of how awesome they are being a lone wolf in a game where teamwork is VITAL. Going around doing your own thing and having no squad utility to set this off seems misplaced. I understand that no other class has JJ so we're gonna be alone in what we're doing at times, but as I said, we should have something to set this off. Our grenades don't factor in, everyone has cool class only grenades lol.
  4. {joer

Tell my team that when after a good 10 minutes of camping a base and not making progress I got behind their lines, took out almost all of them who were to busy watching the main zerg and we capped the base.

I think the problem LA have is that most people don't understand their value and quite frankly most people are not good enough to exploit the mobility. They want an ammo pack like ability, something that gives and obvious bonus to everyone. This is silly. When its time to cap a point and I clear it out, I have direct value to my team, what I am not giving away is cookies. When I get up to a turret and C4 it, I'm giving value to my team. When I get behind the lines and kill the medic spammers and engineers, I'm giving value to my team.

We are going to be alone because NO ONE ELSE HAS JET PACKS. If you want to be a team, get a squad of LA together.

The only thing I want is the ability to carry a medkit AND c4. Give me that and I'll be happy.
    • Up x 1
  5. MasterCheef

i wouldnt mind if LA got a sniper rifle as i do plenty of sniping with my carbine and NV scope- i just dont think its needed. I would hate to hear everyone whining about OP LA
  6. Maskrow

LA is my favorite class just because of jetpack and all the nice possibilites it gives. And if we need some "unique tool", I call my dibs on Batarang )
  7. KastianJJ

Give Light Assaults
    Assault Rifles

I'm ******* tired of dumb *** medics using their class weapon only being for them as an excuse not to heal people
  8. boom-mug

I was actually thinking that when flying the shields should be half as effective. But you guys are wanting to be everything and fly too, so that's quite an odd turn. :p
  9. Kuriby

Agreed, give us AR
  10. Trez

Actually I play the LA class a lot. I currently play VS so this is going to be geared toward that. Right I don't have any special grenades (too poor), but frag are still really nice. I use the Pulsar C right now (bought with the weapon pack that was on sale), and am waiting until I get enough certs/SC for the Solstice SF for the under barrel items. I did just get C4, and I use the adrenaline pump for the suit slot.

I a lot of people don't expect flying so where enemies are heavily entrenched, fly up, drop c4, and boom. It works out pretty nice most of the time. The trick is to try to stay alive after.. I actually like the fact I have an answer to tanks, and sunders. I can't take a full sunders yet (with dual c4 cert I can). Due to fast run and jetpack it isn't hard to catch most tanks.

What don't I like. Other than jetpacks and the two special grenades (every class has special grenades though) we don't have anything unique as far as tool kits. In fact my friend just started playing engineer so I'll compare to that.

The Solstice SF both classes can throw that on. Grenades? Engineers are the clear winner here. They don't have smoke and flash. Stickies are ok I can see usefulness now since I am still getting used to the crazy bounce on normal nades. They win flat out on the utility explosives ( I count this in the same as grenades). Everyone has C4 so its really not that special. What makes it special for the LA is the ability to quickly move and place it on tanks/groups. The engi has c4, proxy, and tank mines. Not only that they can carry 7 of them! They can switch between infantry decimation proxy (set it and forget it compared to C4), and tank removal. Then the all around C4. I don't think it would be easy for engis to drop on tanks, but if they sneak up sure why not.

Now tools is easy because LA has none. The Engi has the repair tool which is nice. The biggest annoyance is I fly scythes and drive magriders. When using vehicles it is almost crucial I can hide/repair. Also when I am not using a vehicle I can repair other peoples and gain EXP.

Down to utilities. LA has the jetpack and I don't see too many situations for the jump jets so I will focus on the jetpack. Getting to weird/unique places can get you a nice amount of kills. Usually that is short lived though because once you start shooting usually someone is going to see you/shoot back. Still that is dampened some times. Take for example the biodome. A lot of people try to be sneaky by getting on top of the dome. How can I do that? Well with the LA I can fly up there, but the requires me to get to the platform in the first place. I can hot deploy once every 10? minutes, or I can get a squad beacon out. Finally if I was really desperate I can fly up there. I guess the other cool trick if I am in a plane and need to jump out I can still survive. Though if the plane has ejection seats... The engi has the torrent/ammo pack. The torrent I have a love/hate relationship with. On one had it is a big bullseye for rockets/snipers/nades. On the other had it is good for defending/deterring people. Some setups I had with the torrent gave me 20 kills. I just saw maybe it can be used a slight jumping platform... really limited used there I would think. The ammo pack is free xp. In large battles just drop and watch it flow in.

So in summary vs weapons they are the same. Vs nades Engi Vs tools Engi VS utilities engi. I didn't so suit because I am lazy. The suits are the most part the same expect for pump and util pouch. Now I love running really fast, but the downside is I am squishy as hell. The util pouch is pretty good again image 7 tank bombs or proxy mines at cap points. Still the class is as fun as hell to play and it isn't all said here with the comparison. Again flanking, speed, and jumppacks are really nice. I would just like to see more advantages.

Right now engi looks good. I also wouldn't have to switch class every time I would like to drive a vehicle... but still I like the LA I just don't know why
  11. Dkamanus

As a LA, I have some complains. If we are the Commando/Assassin type of class, we don't have ALL the tools to perform as such. My main role in bases is to run around and cause as much mayhem as I can in order to weaken the enemies defenses and make the team get in easier. This would be achieved better if our C4s could actually destroy 1 base turret with 1 C4. So many times I was in towers, mowing down enemies who were attacking our infantry below, and I would have loved that My C4 could destroy that AV/AA that is such a headache AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.

As a commando class, we need tool to disrupt a decent defense. Let us have a tool that disables shield gens/jump pads/teleporter tube/elevators for seconds. Those would be enough for us to do our job and make the defense a pain in the ***.
  12. MykeMichail

Light Assault is fine as it is.

As LA, you can attack where other classes can't.

You can get around buildings instead of having to go through them. You can jump up into windows and attack a force who is paying more attention to the door.

Light Assault's strength is its ability to get in where no other class can, and surprise the enemy by attacking where they might not expect an attack. You also have the ability to jump off cliffs/tall buildings and jetpack safely to the ground, allowing you to run when faced with overwhelming odds.
  13. Maxi'sProteinPowder

Just leave it the way it is FFS, the class is awesome no need to tinker with it, like someone said earlier i dont want to see an influx of LA's flying all over the place.......please just leave it!
    Only noobs are crap at it, but they will get better with experience!
  14. Dytch

You do realize they already said they're giving the class "love" right?

EDIT: The class is also bugged. (Adrenaline Pump & JJ certs) It is anything but fine as is.
  15. Dytch

If your argument is that people don't know how to flank an enemy force and hit the G button to throw a grenade then I would perhaps re-think your position on this. Perhaps you should re-read my post, it's simple math really, not need to complicate it. I also stated that people would be alone because of JJ, I'm starting to wonder if you just read a sentence and then jumped the gun and went on a rant. =\ Again it's simple math, everyone has an answer to our JJ yet we don't have an answer to the heal gun, repair gun, radar gun, rocket launcher. This has been acknowledged which is why the class is getting love. You telling people they don't understand the rudimentary idea of shooting a target in the back isn't helping. I didn't say we're worthless, we have a role in a group, and the JJs bring A LOT to the table, all people are asking for is a utility item for the ONLY class in the game that doesn't have one. (C4 can be used by every class)

If you seriously don't get it after this post i'm done lol I'm serious, this is the 3rd time I have spelled this out and it's the simplest way I can manage, the devs even acknowledge it, no use in denying it unless you're just bored or somethin...I dunno.
  16. Dytch

I would bet money they won't get a sniper rifle lol perhaps a battle rifle or assault rifle, but I highly doubt sniper rifle, honestly there are SMGs that take 6X scopes with that and a single shot fire and high velocity rounds I can hit people pretty far, i'm not medic/HA/INF but I can do a fair share with a steady hand and patience. I would like to see them get some kinda utility item that is very outside the box that would help with XP gains as well as give our team an upfront reason to love a LA being around. Nothing OP just a quality of life item that helps our team. Thats all I want, just to help my team without running a suicide mission every time lol.
  17. Adhoc

Adrenaline isn't bugged. From my previous post in the adrenaline thread: It isn't broken, I just tested it. Several runs with the Adrenaline pump on, roughly 155 meters (remained constant throughout all the tests.) Average time to complete the distance was 21:895 seconds. Without the adrenaline pump I averaged 23:715 seconds on my stopwatch. So with the Adrenaline Pump I was going 7.08 meters a second and without the Adrenaline Pump I was going roughly 6.54 meters a second. That's a rough 8% speed increase for the Adrenaline pump. Definitely not horrible for only 30 cert points, but I do wish they had even more upgrades to it. Taking it up to a 16% and then 32% speed boost at like 250 and 500 cert points would definitely be worth it. As it is now, it's a great little suit slot ability to take while you start to really get the hang of things, although one point into Nanoweave Armor for one more bullet worth of life is a better buy until you get Advanced Shield Capacitor up 3 or 4 levels.

From experience I'd assume Jet pack 6 is the same sort of beast. I certainly can get to places I couldn't before, as well as drift better because of the regen. The regen by the way is what really makes that cert shine. I can run circles around entire squads who are trying to defend a point because it just regenerates so quickly I can constantly hit them from different windows/roof/stairwells without them locking me down. At the lower levels my play wasn't as fluid due to downtime waiting for my Jetpack to regenerate.
    • Up x 1
  18. Albatross039

I don't ask for much , just give me all the damn abilities of LA shown in the trailer
    • Up x 1
  19. exLupo

The bulk of the game seems to focus around clumping. Armor columns. HA/Med/Engi/MAX pushes. A wad of air doing their thing.

Units that don't fit into their particular clump, like the LA and Infil, have a hard time being justified by the people that main the other types. LA and Infil have a purpose and need to be retooled a bit to fit with it but, as it stands, they don't mix well into the general clump style meta that you see in pretty much every shooter.

Folks try to force LA into the mixed squad and it doesn't work.
  20. PaintedDeathAW

I tested the Adrenaline Pump today also to see if its reported "brokeness" was correct, but I also found that the adrenaline pump seems to be working. I run Adrenaline Pump all the time, and it sometimes irks me that at the end of the day I'm not entirely sure if its really worth it. I would also like to see the Adrenaline Pump have levels that increase its efficiency a bit. a 20% increase in run speed seems like it wouldn't be overpowered, but completely worth the time I put in to accumulate the Cert points to buy it.