[Vehicle] When are the promised infantry AV nerfs coming?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ColonelChingles, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HadesR

Maybe .. but not Imo under the current climate of spammability .. The Devs made a balance rod for their own back when

A. They didnt opt for needing a designated gunner
    B. Made it so anyone can pull any vehicle
    C. Not have enough restrictions in place to stem the faction wide spam
    D. Not carried on with the resource revamp that could solve A,B and C
    • Up x 1
  2. ColonelChingles

Because then tanks would be quite valuable to the war effort?

They should. And in return planes should get shredded by other planes as well as advanced SAM systems.

That's how most strategy games work. If you went into battle with just tanks, then expect to be at the mercy of aircraft. If you went into battle with just aircraft, then expect to be at the mercy of AA. If you went into battle with just infantry, then expect to be at the mercy of pretty much everything. That's what infantry are in modern combat. The lowest common denominator, the bottom of the food chain.

Adding strategy, and thus depth, would be a great thing for PS2 and improve the game considerably.
  3. HadesR

Its still the truth whether you like it or not though :)
  4. LT_Latency

/yawn. This is not a strategy game and It is not real life, you need to except that.

You really think this game is better off with planes killing absolutely everything unless some built a sam launcher. Come on.

That game would just boil down to Rock/paper/scissor and be no fun.

Strategy games work because you have EVERY thing you NEED under your control. In this game you only control a part of the whole and it would be extremely frustrating to just get instantly destroyed by your counter unit. That is why they game is not built like that
  5. Jake the Dog

I understand english not being your first language and Im trying to get the meaning of this.

My main point is that who honestly fears or has any kind of healthy respect for the MBT these days. Everyone runs at MBTs expecting to get xp, I see medics, HAs, engineers, infils (I dont know either) and LAs all run towards my tank. So Im not calling for any downright increase in lethality of the tanks against infantry or any kind of game breaking HP increase.

I try to focus my posts on a middle ground compromise that would be beneficial to all parties. Even towards the lib. One suggestion I made for a different post would be remove the c4 from several of the classes give them all vehicle grenades (not the infil ofc), move the RLs to their own class, give said RL class access to tank mines as well. (Think SW battlefront II). However this is also a two way street, i would like to see more customizabiltity and some reason to take anything outside of NAR/Stealth, ES ability, AP/AP.
  6. ColonelChingles

At the same time though, infantry are infinitely more spammable than tanks. Generally most infantry aren't issued AT weapons nor do they have access to them. Your typical rifle platoon will only have 2 AT weapons and four people trained to use them between all of the platoon.

In PS2, the AT infantry is the most common and popular infantry to meet on the battlefield. Not only that, but when you kill them they can freely come back with their entire AT kit.

So yes tanks are spammable... but so are AT infantry, and even to a higher degree. Therefore the spammability of tanks should have little bearing on how strong they ought to be.
    • Up x 3
  7. LT_Latency

In a battle with 40 people on your team It only takes one person on your team to look up and see an LA. it doesn't have to be you. Tanks also have 3rd person view. So you can see people running up to you.

Everyone does, That is why infantry attack them as soon as they show up. They want them gone so they can stop worrying about them.

If people didn't worry about tanks, They would just ignore them and fight the bigger threats.
  8. HadesR

Chicken and the egg

Are tanks spammable because AT weapons are

Or

Are AT weapons spammable due to the ease of access in getting vehicles
    • Up x 1
  9. Scr1nRusher

If this was a RTS.......

Infantry would be the strongest force you would need, along with strictly sunderer or galaxy support.(Actually scratch the gal part, you can just redeploy everywhere).

Dude spams everywhere.
  10. LT_Latency

IT NOT A RTS.

No one wants to go. Dam I am screwed and have no chance because my counter unit showed up. This doesn't happen in RTS because you control everything so you always have the ability to build the stuff you need.

The game you want would be even more niche than it already is as you would force solo players out of the game. Only people that are willing to play niche rolls in a organized platoon would be left.
    • Up x 1
  11. FBVanu

I truly believe there is way too much infantry spam in this game. Foot-soldiers are everywhere you look, like an infestation.... that should be drastically reduced.. it really ruins the whole game..
  12. Scr1nRusher

wow, you totally missed the point.
  13. LT_Latency

Your point I "Missed" has nothing to do with vehicle combat strength.

That is just how deployment works in this game.

Cause it's an action game, They want deployment to be fast to make sure players find combat quickly. Cause action and combat are prioritized of strategy
  14. Jake the Dog

Both are spammable to a point. Vehicles tend to be done with their spam if killed a few times however.

3rd person view is a bad idea in a combat zone. However maybe I'll finish a proper comment in the morning as it stands its 1am.
    gnight
  15. LT_Latency

No it's not, You press it quickly and check while you reload then switch back.
  16. Scr1nRusher

What is the counter to groups? Splash

What is the counter to infantry? AI weapons.

Over the years these 2 have been nerfed, and people wonder why infantryside has became a thing.

I'm all for good balance, but nowadays it just feels like interms of balance, things are abit lack luster.
    • Up x 1
  17. LT_Latency

Another group.

Splash works both was. If you have 50 people shooting splash back at 10 people. The 10 people are not better off. They are just easier to kill now. Because they can't move with out take splash damage from 3 different people
  18. Scr1nRusher

50 people shooting splash at 10 guys?

thats overkill.
  19. LT_Latency

Then what is your point for splash?? I thought it was to fight bigger groups??

Or do you just want to be able to blow up 7 people with one shot??
  20. Scr1nRusher

did you not read your example?

You said 50 people are shooting splash at 10 guys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.