[Vehicle] When are the promised infantry AV nerfs coming?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ColonelChingles, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT_Latency

Ok 25 people are shooting at 20. The 20 people are still not better off.

The 20 people have a higher chance of hitting some one.....but the 25 people have more people shooting, meaning they can choke off areas better.
  2. Scr1nRusher

So all those 25 guys have are AI weapons?( are they in vehicles or aircraft?)

So if those 20 guys pulled counters or flanked from another base, those 25 guys wouldn't be in a good spot.
  3. LT_Latency

A plan that involves the other team being stupid is not really a case for balance.

Both teams can use the tools in the same way
  4. Scr1nRusher

So if both teams can use the tools, then whats the issue?
  5. LT_Latency

If both teams can use orbital strike and everyone on a hex dies is that OK??

Just because everyone can use something doesn't make it good
  6. ColonelChingles

If there is an acceptable counter to it, then it is okay.

If there was an acceptable counter to the orbital strike and no one used it, then it would be fine for everyone to die in that hex. They were not playing strategically.

The counter for an AI tank is an AV tank or A2G aircraft. Those tools are available to everyone. But if you insist on staying as the target for which an AI tank is meant to be, then you absolutely deserve to be killed off in droves.
    • Up x 3
  7. Scr1nRusher

I've been really trying to figure out your angle on this whole thread.

Realized all your doing is trying to de-rail & discredit/shame anyone thats on it.
  8. LT_Latency

LOL, ok i have heard enough
  9. Scr1nRusher

You can fight back if you want to fight back. You can suffer if you want to suffer.

That is one of the many natures of war.
    • Up x 2
  10. LT_Latency

I already said my point. It's a FPS action game not a war simulator

Vehicles are strong and can do tons of damage. The game is based around unit being able to fight each other some what effectivle or at least having a chance to attempt to fight back.

They are not going to change it so everyone has to group up a bunch of hard counter to player effectively. They are not going to change so tanks shoot and 10 infantry bodies come flying out of a tower every time they shoot
  11. Scr1nRusher

Infantry are strong and can do tons of damage. The game is based around infantry being able to fight everything effectively and will always have the chance to fight back.

See what I did there?
  12. LT_Latency

I know and that is how it's suppose to be, just like tanks

It's not getting change to infantry are dog food and get chewed up and spit out
  13. Scr1nRusher

Who says infantry are going to be dogfood?
  14. LT_Latency

Who says tanks are dog food, They both fight sort of equally, With tanks doing much better in the KDR department for most people and bring more fire power.
  15. Foxirus

Higby is gone. None of his quotes will have any leeway.
  16. Scr1nRusher

Hold on.......

You just said they both fight sortof equally.

But at the same time we know that ingame its not equal and it leans in the infantries favor.

Which is interesting because what you said would imply both have equal chance against eachother even when counters are involved.

Also how do you know tanks have a higher KDR?
  17. Mausmane

Just make a dedicated anti-vehicle class. Instead of this super everything class the HA is.
    • Up x 1
  18. LT_Latency

Are you saying you can't do better in tanks?? I mean you have a sniper rifle that one shots people and can take many rocket hits before you go down.

I just don't know anyone that doesn't use vehicles to pad their KDR.
  19. Scr1nRusher

Tanks are limited by terrain & fire postions.

Tanks also can't get inside bases.

Also you can have a high KD hunting vehicles you know.
  20. Scr1nRusher

The HA isn't a "super everything" class.

Also this topic has nothing to do with the thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.