[Vehicle] When are the promised infantry AV nerfs coming?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ColonelChingles, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HadesR

^ This 100%

You should maybe post that on Higby's Twitter page ... Because what he said or what direction he wanted the game to go, went out the window the day he jumped ship ..
    • Up x 1
  2. 00000000000000000000

"Wah I can only 1-shot him if I hit him!"

"Wah I get 3-shot by him if I'm not paying attention and let myself get flanked"

"I spent 450 Resources so I should get free kills regardless of how well I play"

Tank players were spoiled.
  3. Scr1nRusher

Its frightening people think like this.
    • Up x 4
  4. CNR4806

As long as they keep tanks in their pitiful state, Sunderers will remain the only thing in the game that feels remotely like a tank.

This is both outrageous and ridiculous.
  5. Leftconsin

Infantry survive a hit from the Viper.
    Infantry can OHK tanks with C4 and mines.
    Spending resources should give you a return on investment.

ALSO, tanks can't redeploy to the opposite side of the map in seconds, change continents, get inside buildings, or capture points. Tanks wear a huge "HIT ME" sign, are forced to sit out totally at a lot of bases, and if pulled in mass the lead tanks probably can't retreat from damage because of the tanks behind them blocking escape.

Tanks in this game right now are a death trap. My advice to everyone is never get in them.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jake the Dog

This thread is from 2014, av infantry while pesky has never really stopped me in my tracks hard unless its a squad of av. Which then well... 6v2... and i still pick them off 1 by 1. Raven maxs included. (Despite that i believe giving wire guide capability in this game was a bad idea.)

In any case let the thread die. HE is stupid anyways, use AP or HEAT or be tank food.

-soars away on magrider-
  7. ColonelChingles

Really at this point for me it's the principle of the matter. Note that I'm hardly a MBT user... so buffs to MBT HP are very unlikely to affect me as a Lightning tanker. Heck, it might even make life harder for me because now I'd have to worry about MBTs tanking more of my hits than before. I also very rarely use HEAT and I use HE almost none at all... I'm purely an AP and Skyguard operator.

And to top that off I'm primarily an infantry player on top of it all. :p

But to me, there are two things absolutely horrid about vehicle-infantry balance at the moment:

1) Promises are promises. SOE/DBG made a promise and collected their share from the vehicle players in the game, whether that was a HEAT, HE, PPA, or Banshee nerf. But when it comes time to collect equally from the infantry players, SOE/DBG refuses to do their job. This shows that SOE/DBG really does consider vehicle operators second class and that they fail to respect this portion of their player base.

2) Vehicles in PS2 don't feel like how military vehicles should, and as a result are too weak against infantry. The Vanguard doesn't feel like it shoots 150mm shells, ESFs don't feel like they're actually launching volleys of HE rockets, etc. Infantry should be absolutely terrified of vehicles. When I see a tank on the horizon, I should desperately look for a place to hide and be broadcasting its location to any number of friendly tank-hunting forces. But I, as a lowly infantryman, should be pretty helpless against a MBT. Or an ESF, or really any vehicle that is stronger than a Sunderer. I want to play a war game, not an "everyone can be Master Chief/Rambo" game.
  8. LT_Latency

AP is just better anyways, The extra speed is more useful for sniping infantry then some extra splash damage and it's better at fighting everything else. Most people in tanks are using AP so changes to the other 2 don't affect tank play much.

This is a video game not real life. Soldiers can't take 10 shots and not die and run around like nothing happened.
    Having it setup so infantry run screaming for a single tank would not be a good idea. It would be the same reason everyone hates liberators. Not having a chance to fight back against something.....Isn't fun.
  9. Scr1nRusher

Right...................

Has anyone noticed how over time the infantry favortism has been hurting the game?

So many people don't know the fun of using a vehicle or flying a aircraft, its really sad actually.
  10. LT_Latency

Cause it's still fun......But your tank might get blown up and they you have to jump out and start gunning people down on foot some times.

Your not going to YOLO tank charge against 20 infantry and kill them all.....it's just not going to happen
  11. Scr1nRusher

where did anyone say they were talking about doing that?
  12. LT_Latency

Cause vehicles are fine as is. If you can't pull a vehicle and do tons of damage before you pop and have to jump out and fight on foot. Your doing something wrong.

What do you think....."Oh my tank should feel more like a tank against infantry means"??? They want to watch them run to the hills screaming while they pound them into the dirty.

Vehicle are a powerful addition that can be used to do great stuff.....But they won't last forever. They are going to blow up if a bunch of people target you
  13. Scr1nRusher

How often do you use vehicles & aircraft?

Not just talking about transport but also combat/battle.
  14. LT_Latency

all they time, When I am doing bad and want to feel good about myself again by going on a killing frenzy

My friends do the same, Saying vehicles are useless is just silly
  15. Scr1nRusher

Vehicles could be better, and actually have some claws again.
  16. LT_Latency

And so could infantry, Everyone wants there thing to shoot nukes and one shot everything.

That doesn't make it a good idea.

In large scale combat, If any enemy team wants to kill you are you going to die. There is no way the can balance it so something can last a long time with 10 people shooting at it.

So in large scale combat you going to lose stuff that just the way it goes.
  17. Scr1nRusher

sigh.........

Your just not getting it.

Then again that says alot about the games design really....
  18. LT_Latency

No, I get it, You want this game to be a more of an ARMA war sim style game.

It's not that type of game, It's an more of an action based games we are the units have a chance against each other and ways to defend themselves.
  19. Jake the Dog

Would you then be suggesting removing c4 from the other classes? Maybe even completely reworking HA so that you cant carry an LMG, a shield and a RL?

Honestly if we made a RL class you could buff AV rockets and I would completely understand. Get rid of c4 on every single class, give it to LAs and engineers. Let the other classes have AV grenades instead.

As it stands I see very little forward progress in the tanking side of the game, in fact it slid backwards with the vulcan buff working on the harasser as well. Because honestly its ridiculous and you're lying to yourself if you're TR and think its not.Maybe DBG will liven up the tank game but as it stands theres been no change. Tanks have the least variability in the game, there is basically no reason to pull anything but AP, there are only a few loadouts that work, several choices for the utilities are downright awful (smoke, FS and yes prox radar).

What there really needs is to be a tank overhaul.

What I would suggest is put prox radar/FS/IR smoke in one category, put the armors in another, then have the different chassis types, then put in SEVERAL ES abilities in one cat. like maybe an AI ability for the vanguard that was originally hinted at in the concept art (grenade dispersals). Be able to choose either AP/HE/HEAT types of ammo. Choose a different kind of turret (how many people know that there are in fact two different turrets in the game right now for your MBT?) Each turret could have different stats such as increased velocity, increased armor, increased ammo capacity, more vehicle damage etc.

My suggested ES abilities for the MBTs should have the following characteristics for each MBT
    -Defensive- Such as Vanguard shield
    -Offensive- such as deploy. (one such thing that could be of use is ZOE on a magrider.)
    -Utility- such as magburn
    Granted those titles could be a misnomer.
    Maybe a better HUD that can be adjusted for personal preference because rn the NC one is horrendous when tanking on the desert on indar...

Theres alot they could do to tanks to balance infantry against them instead of nerfing the infantry. I like the idea of more customization on them, to make them feel tougher. (also would like to see immunity to esf MGs because honestly do we need them to have hornets and essentially an AP kobolt?

Thats my shpeal
    -glides away on swagrider-
  20. Scr1nRusher

Where did I say I want a ARMA sim?

Theres nothing wrong with wanting things in this game to have abit more punch.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.